Search this Thread

Old 09-30-12, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Revenge -- Season Premiere -- "Destiny" -- 9/30/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Destiny" - In the wake of last summer's events in the Hamptons and with the ante even higher, what will Emily's next move be? Will she be able to manage her heart and keep her emotions from getting in the way of her resolve to avenge her father? The Season Two premiere of "Revenge" airs on the series' new night and time, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

22 episode 2nd season

Alot of shows premiering tonight. Only doing a few threads for now. Really looking forward to season 2 tonight.
Old 09-30-12, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Revenge -- Season Premiere -- "Destiny" -- 9/30/12

First time watching it live, after watching last season over a span of a couple weeks. Can't wait.
Old 09-30-12, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Same here -- I burned thru Season 1 over the past few days in prep for S2. Really enjoyed it and excited for the new run.
Old 09-30-12, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Have they cast Em's mother yet?
Old 09-30-12, 02:02 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

just got into this myself watching the last ep. of season and that preview ep. last week. really enjoyed it and i am not into the soapy shows, but this is a little different and good writing and acting. looking forward to tonight. then Homeland, shangrala! plus, i am gonna try Once Upon a Time so good be a blockbuster 3 hours on Sundays for me.
Old 09-30-12, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Have they cast Em's mother yet?
Spoiler:
Yes. Jennifer Jason Leigh

Glad this show is back. Love Emily 'Angelina-ing' in the promo photo.
Old 09-30-12, 09:45 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

to the music supervisor on this. Tame Impala and Chromatics.
Old 09-30-12, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

This show sure has gotten a lot more complicated than the original premise. I loved the first handful of shows last season where Emily was just taking down one person after another. I hope they still do some of that.

But still, a very well done show and a great soap opera. I can't imagine the baby really is Amanda and Jack's...but with this show, who knows.

Not sure what I think about the Japanese trainer subplot but all else is a great season two reboot.
Old 10-01-12, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good start to a guaranteed 22 ep season. It is nice to watch a show knowing it has the support of the network and will not be cutoff early-mid season.
Old 10-01-12, 09:01 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by djones6746
Good start to a guaranteed 22 ep season. It is nice to watch a show knowing it has the support of the network and will not be cutoff early-mid season.
Like any network, they can reduce the amount of episodes at any time.

Unlikely, but always a possibility.
Old 10-01-12, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

While it is good that it has the support, I feel moving it to Sunday might have been a mistake. While I doubt it shares an audience with viewers of Family Guy or Sunday Night Football, CBS has The Good Wife, and Sunday is also a popular night for cable programming. DVRs (at least mine) don't let you watch one show live if you are recording two at once. I am guessing Revenge would be the preferable one to watch live as it is on network and they seem to care about that more than cable.
Old 10-01-12, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty good opening episode.

So how much time passed since the finale? I got the impression that it was the following summer in the Hamptons. So roughly 5-6 months?

I guess noone noticed, but they recast Takeda. The actor who played him last season was Hiroyuki Sanada. This time it was Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa. Just looking at Sanada's IMDB profile, I guess he wasn't available since he's filming the new Wolverine sequel.

So I guess Conrad is broke? That's why he's using this elaborate scheme to steal Charlotte's trust fund. What a dick.

Surprised to see Daniel and Ashley are a couple. It's funny how they tried to make him likeable and sort of sympathetic in season 1, now he's fully embraced his path to being a Grayson.

The flashbacks with Em's Mother were interesting. I wonder if they will bring back James Tupper as her Dad again.

Good start. Alot has changed to start the season and there was alot to digest here.

BTW, it was good to see Victoria again.
Old 10-01-12, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
This show sure has gotten a lot more complicated than the original premise. I loved the first handful of shows last season where Emily was just taking down one person after another. I hope they still do some of that.
That's because it was originally intended as a 13-episode one-shot series. Neither the producers or the network thought it would catch on, so once it did, they had to stop killing people every week.
Old 10-01-12, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty

But still, a very well done show and a great soap opera. I can't imagine the baby really is Amanda and Jack's...but with this show, who knows.

Not sure what I think about the Japanese trainer subplot but all else is a great season two reboot.
I am convinced Takeda (the trainer) stepped up and did the deed. I don't know his endgame, but maybe he just got lonely one night and figured they could work it into the revenge scheme somehow later.

I look forward to Nolan getting to use his boxing training and kicking someone's ass.

i wonder if they will bring back the chick Declan was with toward the end of the season, who was humiliated by Charlotte. i thought there was some chemistry between them and wouldn't mind a break from Charlotte for a little while.
Old 10-01-12, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt moving this to Sunday will be considered a mistake. It's got a powerful lead-in with Once Upon A Time, and last night it pulled in its highest ratings since the Pilot.
Old 10-01-12, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Pretty good opening episode.

So how much time passed since the finale? I got the impression that it was the following summer in the Hamptons. So roughly 5-6 months?

I guess noone noticed, but they recast Takeda. The actor who played him last season was Hiroyuki Sanada. This time it was Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa. Just looking at Sanada's IMDB profile, I guess he wasn't available since he's filming the new Wolverine sequel.
From the conversations it seems like it's been about 3 months since the season 1 finale.

The recast of Tekeda was just lazy, did they really think no one would notice? A bit of explanation like he's the first Tekada's older brother/father would have at least made more sense...
Old 10-01-12, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
I am convinced Takeda (the trainer) stepped up and did the deed. I don't know his endgame, but maybe he just got lonely one night and figured they could work it into the revenge scheme somehow later.
Old 10-01-12, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
From the conversations it seems like it's been about 3 months since the season 1 finale.

The recast of Tekeda was just lazy, did they really think no one would notice? A bit of explanation like he's the first Tekada's older brother/father would have at least made more sense...
Not only that but Tagawa is about 10 years older than Sanada and bald. I agree they should have just said that (the original) Takeda was busy or something and his older brother was filling in as her Sensei.
Old 10-01-12, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Would be nice if Emily showed an interest in her half sister for reasons other than just getting her revenge. I know she cant let anyone know they are family as it would out her as being Amanda, but she could still try to get to know her.
Old 10-01-12, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Can I jump in on this in the second season just by watching the ABC recap show or do I need to watch the first season to get it?
Old 10-01-12, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Timber
Can I jump in on this in the second season just by watching the ABC recap show or do I need to watch the first season to get it?
You mean the recap special that aired last Wednesday? You could try. I guess the point of producing it was to try to get new fans caught up. I doubt any current fan of the show who saw all 22 eps last season would bother watching it.
Old 10-02-12, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
Actually, it makes sense that he would do that in order to try and remove Emily from her "distraction" in Jack. I bet that's it.
Old 10-02-12, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good episode and ratings were solid so...
Great.
Old 10-02-12, 10:42 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

"Do you think that she's somewhere looking... up at us?" - Nolan