TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI: -- Season 13 -- Wednesdays (CBS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-12, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
CSI: -- Season 13 -- Wednesdays (CBS)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guest Stars Include Peri Gilpin ("Frasier") as D.B. Russell's Wife, Barbara; Enrique Murciano ("Without a Trace") as Detective Carlos Moreno; and Conor O'Farrell ("Justified") Reprises His Role as Imprisoned Former Undersheriff Jeffrey McKeen

Jon Wellner Returns as Henry Andrews

Spoiler:
"Karma To Burn" - D.B. Russell's granddaughter was kidnapped in last season's finale cliffhanger and now he leads the CSI team on a hunt to find her, on the 13th season premiere of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Wednesday, Sept. 26 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Guest stars include Peri Gilpin as D.B. Russell's wife, Barbara, Enrique Murciano as Detective Carolos Moreno and Conor O'Farrell as former undersheriff Jeffrey McKeen. Jon Wellner returns as Henry Andrews.

22 episode 13th season

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/57K_zwp6QLw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMO, Ted Danson joining CSI last season saved the show. I initially didn't care for the casting, but he turned out to be a great addition. I like Elisabeth Shue, but I need to see more of her since she was on only 1/4 of the season last year.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-26-12 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-27-12, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: CSI: -- Season 13 -- Wednesdays (CBS)

Really solid episode. Good follow up and conclusion to last season's finale. Thought Danson was really good here. at the fake outs, especially the one with him blowing McKean's head off.

I guess this episode finally wraps up the former Undersheriff McKean's arc now that he's headed off to Isolation in an Indiana State Prison. Conor O'Farrell was great as this character. It's amazing how this whole arc started 6 years ago when he murdered Warrick.
Old 09-27-12, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

My only complaint is i wish they did just a *little* more recap at the beginning. I had forgotten everything from the finale.
Old 09-28-12, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Solid episode but I still hate how the writers brought DB's family into this, and have turned him into a flawed character because of some Seattle incident. He was a stronger character as a normal guy with a healthy family life. Not something you see on tv very often. Now he's just like every other character in every other procedural.

Also didn't like drunk Nick. Not only because he was an asshole but because Eads couldn't pull it off. More recap would have been nice, I forgot why he even quit. I thought for sure he'd save Katie at the end and that would make him change his mind about quitting, so kudos to the writers for not taking that typical path.
Old 09-28-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk God

After the episode ended, I was confused why the next episode airs in 2 weeks. Then I saw it's the Presidential Debate. Although it's strange that CBS is still airing Survivor at 8pm, but showing other stuff at 9 and 10.
Old 09-30-12, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't know what the hell was going on, because I had completely forgotten last season's finale; Ill have to track it down. Don't know if I'm in yet, but Elisabeth Shue has always been a mega-babe to me and any chance to see her I'm gonna take.
Old 01-22-13, 01:48 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Nice voice cameo by William Petersen last week. Hopefully they're building up to an eventual physical appearance from him. Even though this show is better this year than recent seasons in the past, I still miss Grissom.
Old 01-22-13, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

so total darkness and the guy manages a perfect stab?
did he have some night vision goggles or something?

Last edited by mikehunt; 02-21-13 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-21-13, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least they ended the marriage.
Old 02-21-13, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Bummer but with her returning full time it was silly if Peterson would never cameo. Seems less likely now.

Pretty solid episode returning Ronald. It was interesting thinking that half of CSI has no ties to Grissom.
Old 02-21-13, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

they're damn lucky that guy didn't check his gun after getting it back from the cops
I know I would have and blanks look definitively different than real rounds
Old 03-20-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...tended/174197/

Not that anyone is following this show actively anymore. I still watch it, but CSI was renewed for a 14th season today. They also re-signed Ted Danson to a new contract.

The entire supporting cast including Elisabeth Shue and even Jorja Fox will return.
Old 03-20-13, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...tended/174197/

Not that anyone is following this show actively anymore. I still watch it, but CSI was renewed for a 14th season today. They also re-signed Ted Danson to a new contract.

The entire supporting cast including Elisabeth Shue and even Jorja Fox will return.
Actually that is great news! Thanks, I like the addition of Danson and Shue. It has breathed new life into the show.
Old 03-20-13, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Whoa, that's weird. I was just wondering about this earlier today. I figured it would be on the bubble this year. Glad to have it back.
Old 03-20-13, 04:54 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Hard to believe to believe we're approaching 14 years for this show.
Old 05-15-13, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Tonight is the season finale

Grammy Award-Winning Rock And Hall Of Fame Inductees Black Sabbath To Perform

Guest Stars Include Eric Roberts as Brother Daniel Larson, James Callis as writer John Merchiston, Tim Matheson as Oliver Tate, Annabella Sciorra as Nancy Brass and Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Thomas D. Clufetos Jr., and Geezer Burler as Themselves

"Skin In The Game" - As Russell and his team investigate a series of murders, one of their own confronts peril on a dangerous undercover mission to get close to the killer, on the 13th season finale cliffhanger of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Wednesday, May 15 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Guest stars include Eric Roberts as brother Daniel Larson, James Callis as writer John Merchiston, Tim Matheson as Oliver Tate, Annabella Sciorra as Nancy Brass and Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Thomas D. Clufetos Jr., and Geezer Burler as themselves.

This will be back for a 14th season. Both spinoffs have now been cancelled.

Preview:

<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=w8F_GNxOCgk8&partner=cbs&gen=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed width="480" height="270" src="http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=w8F_GNxOCgk8&partner=cbs&gen=1" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

I still watch, but I'm several weeks behind. If anyone is caught up going into this episode, feel free to chime away.
Old 05-15-13, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Great news.

The past few episodes have been solid. The Ghost Hunters episode was pretty gimmicky but turned out okay. Have they touched on Greg's "ability" in the past? That seemed to come out of nowhere.
Old 05-16-13, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Black Sabbath were so integral to the plot.
Old 05-16-13, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Poor Baltar (James Callis). This is what his career has come to: a guest starring role on an old, stale, procedural cop show. And what's with that 'stache? I guess he's just following Ted Danson's lead though since Ted still has Sam Malone's hairdo. (It's just a different color now.) Someone needs to inform them the 80's are over.
Old 05-16-13, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts

Morgan
Old 05-17-13, 06:02 AM

How dumb was it to have a CSI go undercover. Seriously? This is as stupid as the crap that was going on The Following. Sure, the Deputy Sheriff will send his own daughter, a CSI employee undercover as opposed to an actual cop...

The show wasn't so bad, but dumb things like this make me cringe.
Old 05-17-13, 06:08 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I have 18 episodes sitting on my DVR and really no interest in watching them. Any major character developments this season?
Old 05-17-13, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Luds
How dumb was it to have a CSI go undercover. Seriously? This is as stupid as the crap that was going on The Following. Sure, the Deputy Sheriff will send his own daughter, a CSI employee undercover as opposed to an actual cop...

The show wasn't so bad, but dumb things like this make me cringe.
Me too. It reminds me of how almost every week on CSI: Miami the CSI's would bust into a suspect's house with guns blazing instead of sending regular cops or a SWAT team to capture the bad guy. This show is probably guilty of it too.
Old 05-17-13, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I have 18 episodes sitting on my DVR and really no interest in watching them. Any major character developments this season?
Well I don't know if this is all this or last season but...

Morgan
Spoiler:
and Conrad patch things up, Conrad keeps dating Hodges's mom, and Morgan keeps liking Hodges and there are hints that she and Greg may have some future

Hodges
Spoiler:
is engaged to some italian girl he brought back from a trip last season

Sara
Spoiler:
and Grissom split up, it's not show, but Sara mentions it once folks see her acting flirty with some cop

And the finale is introducing a new
Spoiler:
Serial Killer
Old 06-05-13, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Been behind all season, but watched the last 10 episodes over the last 3 days including the season finale late tonight.

I admit I was lazy, but got really motivated because I still really enjoy CSI and I chugged through. Some good and some odd episodes (the ghost hunter). I got alot of gratification that Grissom and Sara broke up. Sara is my least favorite CSI and I hated that they brought her back full time after she quit a few years ago. Never bought the whole GSR thing and it was ludicrous that they were married, but she works full time in Vegas, but he's always overseas or out of town on some lecture circuit. Probably unlikely Petersen will return in any capacity now.

I also enjoyed the CSI NY crossover episode. Gary Sinise and Danson worked well together.

Overall a good season and a good season finale. So the Tim Matheson character was just a red herring and the real killer has Morgan and Brass' daughter.

I wasn't really paying attention to the credits, but was that Anabella Sciorra as Brass' ex?

The finale was kind of similar to last season when DB's granddaughter got abducted.

Surprised that Sara was MIA. Also I wish they would have tied up the whole Hodges and Elisabetta story line. A few episodes ago, she was with a lover and was supposed to break the news eventually to Hodges.

at the thankless role in the finale for James Callis.

Eric Roberts was actually a pretty creepy villain.

Looking forward to season 14 in the Fall. I will try to not be as lazy watching this.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.