Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Led Zeppelin 2007 reunion CD/DVD/Blu-ray - November 22nd

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-12, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Led Zeppelin to fly back into the charts with new DVD

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz26Bw0tTCW
ROCKERS Led Zeppelin are set to top the charts again at Christmas — with their famous 2007 comeback gig.

Jimmy Page, 68, Robert Plant, 64, John Paul Jones, 64, and late drummer John Bonham’s son Jason, 46, reunited at London’s O2 Arena.
And guitar legend Jimmy has been working with engineers to master audio from the show for release on CD/DVD and Blu-ray.

A source told The Sun: “Jimmy has been in the studio making sure everything is perfect. “The band want it to remain true to their exceptionally high standards. It’s coming out on November 22 as part of a simultaneous global release.”

Led Zeppelin have been teasing fans with countdown images on their Facebook page. The words "five", "four", "III" and "II" can be seen below and it's most likely counting down to the official September 13th announcement for the long-awaited release.

To add more fuel to the fire, Zep guitarist Jimmy Page's manager Peter Mensch tweeted the following on Saturday: "It's almost here. I've seen it and heard it. Almost 5 years to the day."

Old 09-11-12, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,177 Likes on 4,206 Posts
Re: Led Zeppelin 2007 reunion CD/DVD/Blu-ray - November 22nd

Nice. I was wondering why the Hell it didn't get released at the time.

But I wish somebody would release a Blu+CD combo. I have no idea why most companies don't do that.
Old 09-11-12, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
But I wish somebody would release a Blu+CD combo. I have no idea why most companies don't do that.
Because they are fucking stupid. I hate that shit. It ensures that I will just "acquire" the music files by other than the normal means and only buy the blu.
Old 10-04-12, 09:34 AM

Someone really needs to update this thread.

Audio And Video From Legendary 2007 Concert
To Be Available In Multiple Configurations On November 19

Concert Slated For Global Theatrical Release On October 17

Band To Receive The 2012 Kennedy Center Honors In December

On December 10, 2007, Led Zeppelin took the stage at London’s O2 Arena to headline a tribute concert for dear friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. What followed was a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band’s signature blues-infused rock ’n’ roll that instantly became part of the legend of Led Zeppelin. Founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, to perform 16 songs from their celebrated catalog including landmark tracks “Whole Lotta Love,” “Rock And Roll,” “Kashmir,” and “Stairway To Heaven.”

Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band’s first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery.

The film of Celebration Day will see a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on 1,500 screens in over 40 territories on October 17. The theatrical screenings will follow premieres in London, Los Angeles, New York, and other major cities. Tickets for the public screenings will be available on September 13 via http://www.ledzeppelin.com.

Celebration Day will then be available in multiple video and audio formats on November 19 from Swan Song/Atlantic Records. Specific product details will be announced soon.

Led Zeppelin has also been selected as one of the recipients of the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors. The band is set to receive the Honors at the annual gala on December 2 in Washington, DC.

Celebration Day
Track Listing

1. Good Times Bad Times
2. Ramble On
3. Black Dog
4. In My Time Of Dying
5. For Your Life
6. Trampled Under Foot
7. Nobody’s Fault But Mine
8. No Quarter
9. Since I’ve Been Loving You
10. Dazed And Confused
11. Stairway To Heaven
12. The Song Remains The Same
13. Misty Mountain Hop
14. Kashmir
15. Whole Lotta Love
16. Rock And Roll

Watch a sneak preview of the performance here.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HRa3ASVxwfA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One minute of Black Dog:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Khf8hw14Mwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For the most dedicated fans, here's the press conference:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9iGxjV2Sxbc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-04-12, 09:37 AM

Here's the update with the formats. (Yay for 2 CD/ Blu Ray choices!)

Led Zeppelin to Release ‘Celebration Day’ in Six Different Formats
by: Billy Dukes 2 weeks ago

Prior to this morning’s press conference to discuss the ‘Celebration Day’ DVD release, the remaining members of Led Zeppelin revealed the legendary 2007 London show will be released in six different formats. Depending on your budget and how you hope to re-live the concert, there is something for everyone.

The standard edition is a one DVD or Blu-ray and two CD set, but the deluxe edition includes bonus video from rehearsals and news footage from the BBC. There is also a music-only CD set and a music-only Blu-ray that features high-resolution HD sound but no video.

Fans of vinyl can also purchase the 16-song set on three LPs, and the whole thing can also be downloaded at digital retailers.

The package is available for pre-order today, and will be released in all its configurations on Nov. 19. In addition, Omniverse Vision has arranged a theatrical screening of the concert for Oct. 17 on 1,500 movie screens in 40 cities worldwide. Tickets and details about those screenings are available at LedZeppelin.com.

The December 2007 concert was Led Zeppelin’s first full-scale reunion (of surviving members) in 27 years. The 16 songs performed were essentially a greatest hits package including hits Robert Plant and Jimmy Page refused to play during their tours in their Plant/Page tours.

As you can see here, you've got a LOT of buying choices. I'll probably go with the Deluxe version, though I might get the vanilla version in a Blu Ray case since some of those multi-disc Digipacks don't tend to hold up too well over time.

Last edited by Decker; 10-04-12 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-05-12, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was beginning to think we'd never see this released. I came really close to picking up a bootleg of it a month or two ago before deciding not to.

I am a little confused about those options, especially the 2CD+1 BD+1 DVD as compared to the 2CD+2DVD version. Is the extra DVD all bonus material then?
Old 10-05-12, 04:57 PM

Yeah, that's correct. Same release, except one has the concert on Blu Ray and the other has the concert on DVD. Both Deluxe editions come with a bonus DVD with rehearsal footage.
Old 10-06-12, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

Awesome

Just hope they show the full songs and they are not cut off with interviews.
Old 10-06-12, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Awesome

Just hope they show the full songs and they are not cut off with interviews.
I don't think Jimmy Page would let that happen (he wanted to remaster and restore the full "song that remains the same" concert with just the concert footage but warner denied them, but was allowed to remaster the audio)
Old 10-06-12, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

I wish Page remastered the Black Sabbath Last Supper DVD since that is the worst case of music interrupted by interviews.
Old 10-06-12, 07:05 PM

Or any Paul McCartney Live DVD, since they never go more than twenty seconds without a shot of somebody screaming or cheering. Yeah, we get it - people who go to his shows like him. Amazing.
Old 10-06-12, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Robert Plant look like King Theoden from LOTR.
Old 10-07-12, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

So...the only way to get the deluxe is in CD packaging and not Blu-ray packaging. Interesting.
Old 10-07-12, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My least favorite Music DVD (that I've purchased) was The Who Live at the Royal Albert Hall. I don't think there's camera view longer than a second on that DVD.
Old 10-08-12, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

So were they good here? I'm a pretty recent fan of them and I thought I remembered hearing they sucked at a reunion (maybe an earlier one?)
Old 10-08-12, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
So were they good here? I'm a pretty recent fan of them and I thought I remembered hearing they sucked at a reunion (maybe an earlier one?)
I haven't heard the performance from 2007 but I recall that most if not all of the reviews at the time were positive. You are probably thinking of the Live Aid reunion which the band themselves has bad-mouthed for decades.
Old 10-08-12, 06:28 PM

Yup. Phil Collins is apparently to blame there. According to the band, he didn't know the drum parts and they felt he botched the performance. The band was so unhappy with the performance that they requested and had it removed from the Live Aid DVD release. To make up for the accommodation, Page & Plant released Unleaded on DVD and gave the proceeds to the Live Aid fund.
Old 10-08-12, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yup. Phil Collins is apparently to blame there. According to the band, he didn't know the drum parts and they felt he botched the performance. The band was so unhappy with the performance that they requested and had it removed from the Live Aid DVD release. To make up for the accommodation, Page & Plant released Unleaded on DVD and gave the proceeds to the Live Aid fund.
I blame Collins for a lot (selling out, destroying Genesis and turning into an AOR clown) but I'm not sure I'd blame him for causing the Live Aid debacle. Collins spread himself a big thin that day, playing in London and Philly on the same day and trying to be the fill in drummer for just about everyone but if Zeppelin wanted to make it a serious gig they should have found a dedicated drummer and actually rehearsed.
Old 10-08-12, 11:10 PM

Totally agree with you. Phil has taken a lot of shit over the years, a lot of it deserved, but he should be applauded for his contributions that day (which were really impressive for one of the biggest pop stars of the day), not made the scapegoat for all eternity as the guy who ruined the Led Zep Reunion, which is basically what Page & Plant did to him.

It's especially sad considering how sad it seems Phil's life is now with his rare nerve condition which prevent him from even holding a drumstick.
Old 10-09-12, 04:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cungar
I blame Collins for a lot (selling out, destroying Genesis and turning into an AOR clown) but I'm not sure I'd blame him for causing the Live Aid debacle. Collins spread himself a big thin that day, playing in London and Philly on the same day and trying to be the fill in drummer for just about everyone but if Zeppelin wanted to make it a serious gig they should have found a dedicated drummer and actually rehearsed.
They sounded alright with me. The thrill was to see them on stage.
Old 10-09-12, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also no one ever mentions that Tony Thompson from Chic was playing duet drums with Collins. And he plays just as badly.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ppxkcb9r52g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by cungar; 10-09-12 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-09-12, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by cungar
Also no one ever mentions that Tony Thompson from Chic was playing duet drums with Collins. And he plays just as badly.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ppxkcb9r52g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
And Robert Plant's voice wasn't actually up to par either...
Old 10-09-12, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by wm lopez
They sounded alright with me. The thrill was to see them on stage.
Originally Posted by mickey65
And Robert Plant's voice wasn't actually up to par either...
You ain't kidding. That's the first time I've heard this performance since 85. Plant sounds like he just hit puberty.
Old 10-10-12, 04:31 PM
Banned

You ain't kidding. That's the first time I've heard this performance since 85. Plant sounds like he just hit puberty.
Well, nobody booed.
Old 10-10-12, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wm lopez
Well, nobody booed.
Let's face it. Those 3 guys could have walked out there and sang Happy Birthday and Ring around the Rosie and nobody would have booed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.