Search this Thread

Old 09-11-12, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Parenthood -- Season Premiere -- "Family Portrait" -- 9/11/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The Braverman family gathers for a family portrait before Haddie (Sarah Ramos) departs for college, while Kristina (Monica Potter), Adam (Peter Krause) and Max (Max Burkholder) have a hard time digesting the new change. Meanwhile, Julia (Erika Christensen) and Joel (Sam Jaeger) struggle to adjust to their newly adopted son's behavior and worry about their family's future. Newlyweds Jasmine (Joy Bryant) and Crosby (Dax Shepard) disagree on the spiritual beliefs they should teach Jabbar (Tyree Brown). Mark (Guest Star Jason Ritter) proves his commitment to Sarah (Lauren Graham) by altering a Braverman tradition, while she attempts to prove her worth as an assistant to photographer Hank Rizzoli (Guest Star Ray Romano). Also, Amber (Mae Whitman) navigates a new job at The Luncheonette. Craig T. Nelson, Bonnie Bedelia, Miles Heizer, Savannah Paige Rae and Xolo Mariduena also star.

15 episode 4th season

Preview:

<iframe id="nbc-video-widget" width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1412936" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Yay, the Braverman's are back....Boo, to the short season.
Old 09-11-12, 09:08 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Parenthood -- Season Premiere -- "Family Portrait" -- 9/11/12

Oh, wow. Had no idea this was back on tonight,
Old 09-11-12, 09:36 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Well my goal to watch this on Netflix over the summer never happened. I watched the pilot when it first aired, but it resembled Brothers and Sister too much and I didnt want to watch anything like that. Especially when B&S became so whiny and annoying. I DO want to watch this...just another one for the list I guess.
Old 09-11-12, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ray romano this season..

looking forward to it!
Old 09-11-12, 01:20 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Awesome. Despite the short season, I'm just happy for the renewal.
Old 09-11-12, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

Yay, the Braverman's are back....Boo, to the short season.
Old 09-12-12, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Loved it. Great season premiere.

Good to have the Braverman clan back. I thought this was also a really nice farewell episode for Haddie. Even though Haddie sometimes comes across as really annoying, I always thought Sarah Ramos has done a solid job as her. The last scene with her at the airport and then returning to seek comfort from Adam and Kristina was sweet.

Good to have Mark back. Although it's so obvious that Jason Ritter will leave the show as soon as he's cast in a Pilot that gets picked up. But I continue to like his scenes with Lauren Graham. Not sure what to think about Hank Rizzoli. I sort of got the impression that he has a thing for Sarah.

The only plot that seemed a little weak to me was Jabbar discovering religion and Crosby being the guy to help him learn about it.

Poor Drew. Could it not be more obvious his girlfriend is going to break up with him.

In case you all don't know, the actor who played the musician who messed around with Amber is Paul McDonald, who was a contestant on American Idol.

I also credit the writers for doing a good job with Julia and Joel's storyline with their adoption of Victor. I'm glad they are showing that he hasn't really bonded with them yet (5-6 months later) and not sugar coat it.

It sucks that this show can't seem to get more than 5M viewers weekly and barely hovers near the 2.0 mark in the 18-49 demos. IMO there needs to be more shows like this on network TV. I'm glad that NBC keeps renewing it, but I wish more people would discover this show.
Old 09-12-12, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still absolutely love this show. Great opener. While the short season is disappointing you can't really argue with it as this show is always on the chopping block after each season. Do we know if there's a possibility to pick up more? I guess not as usually it's 13 then a pick up since they already agreed to 15 that's all they are getting right? About the drew thing it's either she is breaking up with him or i think she fooled around with someone else while away and will have to find a way to tell him. I love jason ritter in this but as Dj said i'm sure he will leave as soon as he gets into another show. I wonder how much time hadie will have now? Will they still show her every episode getting situated in college or will she be just a special guest every third episode?
Old 09-12-12, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought this was also a really nice farewell episode for Haddie.

In case you all don't know, the actor who played the musician who messed around with Amber is Paul McDonald, who was a contestant on American Idol.
So is Haddie off the show? Too bad, I really liked her character.

And thanks for that -- Paul McDonald! I was scratching my head all episode trying to figure out where the hell I had seen that guy before.
Old 09-12-12, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Flave
So is Haddie off the show? Too bad, I really liked her character.

And thanks for that -- Paul McDonald! I was scratching my head all episode trying to figure out where the hell I had seen that guy before.
As a regular yes. But the character is expected to come back later in the season. I believe she's supposed to return for the Holidays.
Old 09-12-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...s-down/148357/

The Good news. The premiere won the timeslot. The bad news. The ratings still aren't that good, espcially against 2 repeats.

5.6M viewers and 1.9. Things don't get any better when it faces Private Practice and Vegas in a few weeks.
Old 09-12-12, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...s-down/148357/

The Good news. The premiere won the timeslot. The bad news. The ratings still aren't that good, espcially against 2 repeats.

5.6M viewers and 1.9. Things don't get any better when it faces Private Practice and Vegas in a few weeks.
Thats too bad. Love this show. Reminds me of Friday Night Lights. Great show but not good ratings.
Old 09-13-12, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I do like Ray Romano as was happy to see him part of the show, but it looks to me that he might be the facilitator of the breakup with Mark. I do miss Men of a Certain Age.. damn..

just one of the better shows on tv, glad we got 15 eps...