Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

MGM/Fox will release Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on November 13th in Canada.US

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

MGM/Fox will release Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on November 13th in Canada.US

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-12, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No date yet for Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

Last edited by europefan01; 08-31-12 at 08:57 AM. Reason: in complete
Old 08-31-12, 09:55 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: MGM/Fox will release Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on November 13th in Canad

Excellent!

(someone had to do it...)
Old 08-31-12, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Re: MGM/Fox will release Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on November 13th in Canad

Party on!

Oh crap, wrong movie.
Old 08-31-12, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Party on!

Oh crap, wrong movie.
Bogus.
Old 08-31-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really wish studios would take the Disney approach when releasing films and their sequels on Blu-ray. Do you have two films in a franchise? Sweet! Throw them on the same Blu-ray disc, include DVD copies and call it a day. Done.

I like Excellent, but I love Bogus.
Old 08-31-12, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fully agree with you there. A double feature disc would have been ideal.
Old 08-31-12, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I'd rather a two-disc set than both films on one disc. However, I fully endorse the idea of a most excellent double feature release.
Old 08-31-12, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Alright, what gives. So did the OP find an article that had said 11/13 was a release date, but turned out not to be true
Old 09-01-12, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I'd rather a two-disc set than both films on one disc.
Why?

183-minutes in 1080p under the AVC codec with lossless DTS HD-MA 5.1 soundtracks can easily fit on a single-disc with not much compression needed. You'd even have room to fit all of the bonus features in standard definition.
Old 09-01-12, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 332 Likes on 251 Posts

They need to include the original 2-channel matrix surround mixes on these too (digital sound on film wasn't around yet, and I doubt these were released in 70mm) - The 5.1 remix of Bogus Journey ruined one scene with panned dialogue, and they also cut off several seconds from the beginning of the movie.
Old 09-01-12, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,155 Likes on 901 Posts

Glad to be getting this one, hopefully Bogus isn't too far off.
Old 09-01-12, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
I really wish studios would take the Disney approach when releasing films and their sequels on Blu-ray. Do you have two films in a franchise? Sweet! Throw them on the same Blu-ray disc, include DVD copies and call it a day. Done.
But ditch the dvd copies. I really really hate the "2-disc set" with one of them being a dvd. I either already have the dvd, or have absolutely no need for it, as I'm not going to want to ever watch a lesser presentation of a film with the blu-ray being within my reach as well.

Last edited by Shagrath; 09-01-12 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-01-12, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Some people really liked Bogus better? I never particularly cared for it. It was ok, but nowhere near my expectations.
Old 09-01-12, 08:28 PM
Banned

Party on!

Oh crap, wrong movie.
Not really. Lincoln says that at the end of the first movie.
Old 09-02-12, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Some people really liked Bogus better? I never particularly cared for it. It was ok, but nowhere near my expectations.
I'm with you.

"Excellent Adventure" is the quintessential smart-dumb movie where the film has a decent middlebrow sense of humor even if the film's protagonists are complete airheads. Over the years, I've appreciated more and more of its downright subtle and inventive humor.

"Bogus Journey" on the other hand was a movie I adored when I first saw at the age of 13, but over the decades, it is more obvious that it was made for early teens in mind. Sure, it had that tip of the hat to Ingmar Bergman, but other than that it was a dumb-dumb movie. Which is fine really. It's still a lot of fun in some regards, but it's a step down from the first film.

As for the films on BD, I'd like them to put out some DECENT EXTRAS! I mean "Buckaroo Banzai" got a DVD release that was frickin' loaded to the brim with extras. But maybe one in a hundred people on the average have even heard of "Buckaroo Banzai". Bill & Ted made a substantially larger pop culture splash--enough to have 2 TV spin-offs, and featuring an actor who would become a major A-lister. How come we can't get an audio commentary or some deleted scenes? Maybe a 5-minute tribute featurette for George Carlin?
Old 09-03-12, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Party on!

Oh crap, wrong movie.
Old 09-04-12, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Apparently it will be released on November 13th. Bodacious!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bill-a...Blu-ray/44859/
Old 09-05-12, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They need to do an Ultimate Bill & Ted boxset with the movies, cartoon, and even the horrible TV show (hey, that's 7 episodes... 1 disc!).

I know that I and... at least Matthew Chmiel would buy that. That's two sales!
Old 09-05-12, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by foxconnect.com
The Original Bill & Ted: In Conversation with Chris & Ed
Air Guitar Tutorial With Bjorn Turoque & The Rockness Monster
One Sweet and Sour Chinese Adventure To Go
Radio Spots
Theatrical Trailer

Audio: English: 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, Spanish: 5.1 Dolby Digital, French: 5.1 Dolby Digital
Language: Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Theatrical Aspect Ratio: Widescreen: 2.35:1
Old 09-05-12, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I enjoy this movie, but I like the sequel better.
Old 09-05-12, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rednowgreen
So lemme get this straight... Alex Winter has billing over George Carlin?

You literally could not put those names in any more wrong of an order on that cover, lol. Needless to say, it's still better than the godawful DVD cover.
Old 09-05-12, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by RobLutter
So lemme get this straight... Alex Winter has billing over George Carlin?

You literally could not put those names in any more wrong of an order on that cover, lol. Needless to say, it's still better than the godawful DVD cover.
Reeves and Winter are the leads and the title characters. It makes sense to me. Just because Carlin is a bigger name doesn't mean he should get top billing in a movie where he's a supporting character.
Old 09-05-12, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

1. That artwork sucks.
  2. Where's Bogus? Christ, give it to me as a retail exclusive. I'll walk into a Best Buy if I have to.
Old 09-05-12, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Reeves and Winter are the leads and the title characters. It makes sense to me. Just because Carlin is a bigger name doesn't mean he should get top billing in a movie where he's a supporting character.
Don't they still have to respect the original billing order? I'm not sure if that applies indefinitely to all movies, or if it depends on contracts in only certain cases. Although, none of them got their names above the title originally (or even prominently on the poster).
Old 09-05-12, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Marlon Brando was billed above Christopher Reeve in Superman (as was Gene Hackman)...Brando had possibly got less screen time than Carlin does in this film... but I digress. Contracts and Hollywood.

Jez, did I just compare this film to Superman?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.