Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

New (crappy) packaging on WB TV sets

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-12, 03:27 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

I was in Best Buy this morning and saw CHiPS season 1 and Gilligan's Island seasons 1 and 2. They were still expensive, regularly priced ($34.95) but they were in those thick, black DVD cases that Mill Creek and Echo Bridge use for their multi-disc sets. Has anybody seen these/ know what they look like inside? I hope this isn't a new cost cutting plan at WB for future TV sets.
Old 08-19-12, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: New (crappy) packaging on WB TV sets

Those aren't crappy. Crappy is stuff like Captain Planet and some of the Futurama movies, where it's made entirely out of thin cardboard. At least with these, you're getting plastic.

/end rant against cardboard and paper
Old 08-19-12, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

A single spindle would qualify as crappy
Old 08-19-12, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Those aren't crappy. Crappy is stuff like Captain Planet and some of the Futurama movies, where it's made entirely out of thin cardboard. At least with these, you're getting plastic.

/end rant against cardboard and paper
Yeah, but have you ever opened one of those Mill Creek sets? The discs are in paper sleeves held in by the clips that usually hold the insert page. That's why I'm curious if it's the same with these.

And even if you don't consider that crappy packaging, I still think it looks crappy.
Old 08-23-12, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Surfinhank
I was in Best Buy this morning and saw CHiPS season 1 and Gilligan's Island seasons 1 and 2. They were still expensive, regularly priced ($34.95) but they were in those thick, black DVD cases that Mill Creek and Echo Bridge use for their multi-disc sets. Has anybody seen these/ know what they look like inside? I hope this isn't a new cost cutting plan at WB for future TV sets.
Sam's Club has those sets for under $9 each. I've got the Gilligan ones and they are single sided discs instead of flippers. Thinking of finally buying The Waltons if they are single sided too.
Old 08-23-12, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Sam's Club has those sets for under $9 each. I've got the Gilligan ones and they are single sided discs instead of flippers. Thinking of finally buying The Waltons if they are single sided too.
So what do the inside of the cases look like?