True Blood -- "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" -- 8/05/12

Old 08-05-12, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,548 Likes on 2,542 Posts
True Blood -- "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" -- 8/05/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The start of the vampire holy war is a cause for celebration for Salome and the Chancellors, but Eric may decide to go AWOL; Sookie learns more about her parents' death from a deceased relative; Andy and Jason investigate the rise in shifter murders; Alcide recalls his induction into the pack; Arlene is drawn into Terry and Patrick's strange journey; Steve Newlin gets a new pet.

Episode 9 of 12

Promo:

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2.swf?vid=1271837"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Ep. 57 - Preview&copyShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1271837%26filter%3Dtrue-blood%26view%3Dnull"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2.swf?vid=1271837" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Ep. 57 - Preview&copyShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1271837%26filter%3Dtrue-blood%26view%3Dnull" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="288"></embed></object>
Old 08-05-12, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 977 Likes on 607 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" -- 8/05/12

Robert Patrick

Well, they wrapped up two of the secondary storylines tonight. I actually liked the 'Obamas' storyline and thought they did a good job with that, although the reveal of Bud and his Dragon bitch being the leaders seemed kind of hurried. Sam and Luna make a good team. I wouldn't mind getting chased down and beaten up by a naked Luna!

Loved Pam's line to Tara: "Just because we drank a bitch together doesn't make us Oprah and Gayle." I'm sure at some point Eric will be back to kick the new vampire sheriff's ass.

So looks like Bill is a true believer now?
Old 08-05-12, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do the right thing, Terry. *BLAM* Didn't expect that.
Old 08-05-12, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had no idea Patrick had signed on to the show, so that was a great surprise.

Really enjoyed tonight's episode. Things were moving quick, storylines were resovled, and there was one great line after another. The show has this kinetic, anything can happen vibe to it when Russell is around. I love it.

On another note, if anyone stakes Bill next week, it is going to be me.
Old 08-05-12, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This show needs Dennis Haybert on it now.
Old 08-05-12, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

So this looks to be the first season with no nudity from Anna P., right? Time is running out.

How did Sam & Luna find their way to the pig farm before the police? Couldn't Jessica show up and give Hoyt some of her blood to heal him at least?

So I'm guessing that Sam & Luna will find their way into the Authority storyline in order to find her daughter. I like when the storylines come together like they did near the end of season 2.
Old 08-05-12, 11:37 PM

With Anna P carrying twins, I think her nude scenes are going to be on hiatus until next season.
Old 08-05-12, 11:42 PM

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
Loved Pam's line to Tara: "Just because we drank a bitch together doesn't make us Oprah and Gayle."
Personally I liked, "We need to keep our heads down and our tits up!"

I loved the reveal of Bud's dragon/mistress being 'Sweetie Des Artes'

Book readers will recognize her character as being the loosest of plot connections to the fifth book's storyline.

Sweetie and Alcide's plot lines involving taking over the Shreveport pack seem to be the only things they decided to use. For better or worse...
Old 08-06-12, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by windom
So I'm guessing that Sam & Luna will find their way into the Authority storyline in order to find her daughter. I like when the storylines come together like they did near the end of season 2.
I think we'll see Sam & Luna team up with Alcide and then team up with Eric to finally kill Russell.
Old 08-06-12, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by windom

How did Sam & Luna find their way to the pig farm before the police? Couldn't Jessica show up and give Hoyt some of her blood to heal him at least?

They were flies on the wall.
Old 08-06-12, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Do the right thing, Terry. *BLAM* Didn't expect that.
Yeah, as soon as that spirit said "Do the right thing" I thought he was going to off himself.

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
This show needs Dennis Haybert on it now.
Old 08-06-12, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They've been foreshadowing some lady kissing and hugging between Pam and Tara, and they'd better deliver, goddammit.

I still can't help but think Bill hasn't gone full villain and has some plan to eliminate Russell.
Old 08-06-12, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I always liked Bill, so it sucks to see his apparent turn to douchebag. I watched the end scene a couple of times and I'm trying to decide if Bill said something in a way that tipped something to Eric. Because A) I don't see Eric just surrendering and B) Eric seemed to be considering something and working something out before putting his fangs away.

Maybe I'm just hoping too much.
Old 08-06-12, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
They were flies on the wall.
I saw that they were flies at the sheriff station when Andy and Jason figured out to go to the old sheriff's house. Were they also flies when they broke into the old sheriff's house when Jason brought up the pig farm?
Old 08-06-12, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Just wanted to mention what an awful cover of the episode title's namesake that was on the end credits. Blech.
Old 08-06-12, 11:28 AM

Love last nights episode, especially since it wrapped up over 50% of the season's plot lines (and the less interesting ones too boot).

Should be interesting to see how it all goes down, especially since the season finale this year was designed to serve as a series and season finale will Alan Ball exiting.
Old 08-06-12, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I still can't help but think Bill hasn't gone full villain and has some plan to eliminate Russell.
I still think we're going to find out Bill killed Sookie's parents, but that might be "wishful thinking" on my part, just hoping for a storyline that I'll find interesting. Robert Patrick as Alcide's father (and the fact that they are both "lone wolves") could prove interesting...lets hope the writers don't screw that up.

I DON'T however, think Bill is going to kill Russell...I don't think anyone is. They took so long getting him back on the show, I can't imagine it was just to off him again. I think he'll be there for at least one more full season, if not until the show ends. Denis is such a GREAT actor, I don't know why you'd want to lose him, unless of course HE has no desire to stay beyond this year.
Old 08-06-12, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Gratuitous dong shot. What is this, Oz?

Maybe the Samfly and Lunafly were able to get the pig farm first because of the smell of pigshit? They were flies, after all.

Hope Molly's safe. She's too cute to get staked.

As for the mystery of who killed Sookie's parents, since they're not showing his face it makes me think it could have been Bill, especially with his apparent heel turn. There is some evidence against this, because didn't the fairy who ID'd "Warlow" also meet Bill last season?

"Warlow" sounds like could be a fairy name -- maybe the killer is a vamped fairy?
Old 08-06-12, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she met him on the fairy plane because he had Sookie's blood in here. I really don't think it's Bill. I'm almost sure that we probably won't find out 'til the last episode, if not next season altogether. They always start setting up future story lines far in advance on this show, and I think that's what we're seeing for the most part. I'm guessing the last three episodes will focus on the Lilth/Russell taking Emma storyline and converge the characters kind of like Season Two did. Just my guess though!
Old 08-06-12, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix
Personally I liked, "We need to keep our heads down and our tits up!"
Old 08-06-12, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought all vampires were faking using true blood, but it seems a good number of them drink the stuff for real.
Old 08-06-12, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Just wanted to mention what an awful cover of the episode title's namesake that was on the end credits. Blech.
Yeah.

I actually went to see TFF last night, didn't watch the episode until today. So it was a nice to surprise to see the title of the episode... until they played that song, LOL!

Old 08-07-12, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I thought the new Sheriff looked like he could have been the killer of Sookie's parents.
Old 08-07-12, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

-Lovin' Pam and Tara I think Pam will end up being a great "mom" to Tara even if she won't admit it.
-Jessica looks soooo goood. I mean damn!
-Fat Dragon Bitch!
-I like the Wolf stuff clearly it's linked to the Russell so that's a good thing.

I do have one question...Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam) is gorgeous in real life. Why do they make her look old and craggy in this season?
Old 08-07-12, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I thought the new Sheriff looked like he could have been the killer of Sookie's parents.
What new Sherriff? Andy's the Sherriff.

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I do have one question...Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam) is gorgeous in real life. Why do they make her look old and craggy in this season?
Maybe she's just 45 and the show is filmed in HD? *shrug* At one point she had a decaying spell on her, but I don't think they're going out of their way to make her look bad. Vampire scenes are at night and I think there's sometimes a bit of harsh lighting going on (I see it with Stephen Moyer too). I don't see it so much with Anna Paquin, but she has the advantage of only being 30.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.