Search this Thread

Old 07-24-12, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Covert Affairs -- "The Last Thing You Should Do" -- 7/24/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Auggie visits Parker in Africa but runs into trouble during his trip, prompting Annie, Joan and Lena to team up to bring him home.

Episode 3 of 16

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MYImxaqnLxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-25-12, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,016 Likes on 628 Posts
Re: Covert Affairs -- "The Last Thing You Should Do" -- 7/24/12

Kind of a by-the-numbers hostage episode, but not bad. I wish the American woman who was holding them would have gotten killed or taken by the SEALs. Maybe she'll reappear this season?

I'm getting tired of Joan and Lena hissing at each other, but I have a feeling that won't be resolved until the end of the season.

Is Annie's sister going to be gone from the show for good? She's kind of superfluous at this point.
Old 07-25-12, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Re: Covert Affairs -- "The Last Thing You Should Do" -- 7/24/12

Good episode, but mostly a predicatable by the numbers hostage situation. But it was cool seeing another Auggie-centered episode. The cinematography and locations have impressed me so far.

Funny seeing Dubaku from 24 again. That actor is seriously typecast as African war lords/terrorists.

Plus, I enjoyed seeing Devin Kelly again as Parker. She was in a few episodes last season. Some of you may remember her from The Chicago Code as well.

BTW, No chance in hell that Auggie and Parker get married.

Once I saw that Anne Dudek was removed from the opening credits and was credited as a guest star, I figured they were writing her out. I've said it since the 1st season, she's a talented actress, but is wasted on this show.