Search this Thread

Old 07-18-12, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Dallas -- "Collateral Damage" -- 7/18/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Rebecca discloses a deep secret to Elena. Meanwhile, a pushed and pressured John Ross hatches a feud between family members; and suspicions rise when a family associate is murdered.

Episode 7 of 10
Old 07-19-12, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Re: Dallas -- "Collateral Damage" -- 7/18/12

Am I the only person that laughed over how Christopher didn't care that Rebecca was pregnant (he even said it didn't matter if the test results proved the kid was his) until it turned out she was pregnant with twins? Cos that totally changes everything.

I knew it was coming eventually (she was only a guest star) but I'll miss fake Marta Del Sol. Though I'm perplexed as to why anyone thought John Ross killed her. I get that they set that up with the scratches on his neck. However, it was incredibly awkward how the onlookers immediately zeroed in on John Ross. He seemed no different than any other shocked onlooker.

Larry Hagman's one scene was little more than a cocktease. This show is nothing without JR.
Old 07-19-12, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Am I the only person that laughed over how Christopher didn't care that Rebecca was pregnant (he even said it didn't matter if the test results proved the kid was his) until it turned out she was pregnant with twins? Cos that totally changes everything.

I knew it was coming eventually (she was only a guest star) but I'll miss fake Marta Del Sol. Though I'm perplexed as to why anyone thought John Ross killed her. I get that they set that up with the scratches on his neck. However, it was incredibly awkward how the onlookers immediately zeroed in on John Ross. He seemed no different than any other shocked onlooker.

Larry Hagman's one scene was little more than a cocktease. This show is nothing without JR.
Agreed on all counts.

And Marta was a total babe.

And it seems like they are setting up that Ann is Christopher's birth mother.
Old 07-19-12, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Agreed on all counts.

And Marta was a total babe.

And it seems like they are setting up that Ann is Christopher's birth mother.
I don't think they are setting up Ann as Christopher's birth mom,
Spoiler:
unless they will do a crazy storyline in which Kristen(Sue Ellen's sister) didn't die and got plastic surgery.
Old 07-19-12, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

I guess you're right. It's been years since I saw the original. But then who could that baby be in the picture burning in the fireplace?
Old 07-19-12, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I guess you're right. It's been years since I saw the original. But then who could that baby be in the picture burning in the fireplace?
My prediction is that the baby in that picture was accidentally killed or abandoned by Ann.
Old 07-19-12, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

It's obvious that Ann either had a daughter that died (and she was responsible) or perhaps gave up for adoption. That's where the locket came from (her daughter's most likely) and that's why she was at the park watching kids play.

Another episode where it's obvious that Larry Hagman shot his scenes after the show wrapped. I hope it's not this way for the rest of Season 1 (but I understand if Larry needed to leave for health reasons during the shoot).
Old 07-19-12, 02:16 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Rebecca?
Old 07-19-12, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Rebecca?
I don't recall the show ever being that creepy before.
Old 07-19-12, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't recall the show ever being that creepy before.
You must have missed the seasons JR had a college-aged wife.
Old 07-19-12, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I got the impression that couple recognized him from the elevator. I liked the episode despite how little J.R. was in it. However, I don't like the idea that Cliff has known his right hand man for 30 years. We never knew about him in the old show. I'm glad Lucy was a bit more involved.
Old 07-19-12, 07:40 PM

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Though I'm perplexed as to why anyone thought John Ross killed her. However, it was incredibly awkward how the onlookers immediately zeroed in on John Ross. He seemed no different than any other shocked onlooker.

This show is nothing without JR.
Pretty much anything Christopher does is laugh worthy since the actor is so horrible. Of course only one of the twins is his.

The onlookers were pissed because John Ross pushed them out of the way getting out of the elevator. That's why they remembered him. (Joe Schmoe beat me to it, too much looking up things on IMDB :-)

Speaking of coincidence, apparently there are only two officers on the Dallas police force since the same ones came to arrest both Bobby and John Ross.

I agree Larry Hagman is the reason to watch but Brenda Strong is doing a good job and Mitch Pileggi is a great villain. Tony Almeida is also very amusing.
Old 07-19-12, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Callie
Old 07-19-12, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's not creepy. That said, I totally forgot that Chris is adopted. That's why I thought Ann being Rebecca's mom would be creepy.
Old 07-21-12, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Or how about Ray Krebbs sleeping with a teenage Lucy before he found out he was Jock's son and Lucy's uncle!
Old 07-21-12, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

^ Well, they are in Texas...
Old 07-21-12, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DeFan
Speaking of coincidence, apparently there are only two officers on the Dallas police force since the same ones came to arrest both Bobby and John Ross.
I liked even more how the cop asked "Are you Bobby Ewing?" Like the Dallas police wouldn't have a clue what one of their richest and most public figures looked like.
Old 07-21-12, 06:50 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I'm starting to like John Ross. Great delivery of a good line, about giving Christopher the mud off his heels for free.
Old 07-21-12, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I liked even more how the cop asked "Are you Bobby Ewing?" Like the Dallas police wouldn't have a clue what one of their richest and most public figures looked like.
that I would buy since he's been out of the oil business for years and they were both younger cops
Old 07-28-12, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Just finished watching this episode and this sums up my thoughts perfectly.

and John Ross is an idiot. Once he figured out that Elena wasn't there, he should have taken off. I think the scratch on his neck and then Tony Almeida's goons throwing Marta off the balcony was a little too predictable that he was going to be set up for murder.

at Chris, what a fucking stubborn dope. Now that he's having twins, that makes a huge difference.

And Charlene Tilton is gradually getting more screentime as the season goes on. Hopefully she and Ray will be more involved in season 2.

And I agree with DeFan. Brenda Strong has been great as Ann.
Old 07-28-12, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't think it was twins that changed things for Christopher. I think seeing the ultrasound is what made the difference. That's when he really got emotional because the pregnancy was suddenly "real" to him.
Old 07-29-12, 01:50 AM

No...that's wonderful.

For men without J.R.'s wealth I always thought there should be a dating service where like a bunch of old guys chip in to get a trophy wife and each of them getting her once every few weeks.