Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Killing -- Season/Series? Finale -- "What I Know" -- 6/17/12

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who do you think killed Rosie Larsen?
Jamie Wright
31.25%
Jamie's Dad
6.25%
Nicole Jackson
0%
Michael Ames
0%
A Tag Team Combo
12.50%
None of them...Red Herring #1,000
50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-03-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Sarah and Holder's investigation comes to a close in the Season 2 finale. Meanwhile, Richmond sets out on a bold new course; and a surprise source helps bring closure to the Larsens.

Episode 13 of 13

It's finally over for those who couldn't stand it.
Old 06-17-12, 10:45 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: The Killing -- Season/Series? Finale -- "What I Know" -- 6/17/12

With the huge drop in ratings, I still think AMC might renew this just to see where it can go with a 'new' game. That is, if they solve it.
Old 06-17-12, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Where's the poll option for the 1989 Denver Broncos?
Old 06-17-12, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched all of season one and hated that they didn't reveal the killer. I tried to watch this season, but couldn't make it past a couple episodes. I'll watch this episode, though, just to find out the identity of the killer.
Old 06-17-12, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TruGator
I watched all of season one and hated that they didn't reveal the killer. I tried to watch this season, but couldn't make it past a couple episodes. I'll watch this episode, though, just to find out the identity of the killer.
I'm in the same boat. I watched most of this season, but when I settled down to watch the last four episodes before tonight's finale, I realized I just didn't care to waste four more hours of my life on this show. And I won't be wasting another hour tonight. I'll just read the spoilers once the episode is over tonight.
Old 06-17-12, 02:25 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Gwen's not on the poll? Not that I think she did it.

I predict that the killer will be somebody we meet less than five minutes before he or she is revealed as the killer, and that the killer's motives will involve some brand new plot point that hasn't been investigated yet.
Old 06-17-12, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As someone who only watched the first season, I don't recognize any of the names listed in the poll. Except Jaime, sounds familiar.
Old 06-17-12, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TruGator
I missed the premiere double-ep and halfway watched most of the season. Last night I watched 4 eps and it held my attention pretty good. The series has been described as a "slow burn", but I would think that would be pretty hard to do and maintain audience interest. While not a complete failure, this series did not live up to expectations. I doubt the big reveal will be any big twist, since the producers have not really put any "Breaking Bad" moments in this so far, but I will be watching (at least on on-demand tomorrow).

I'm thinking the BDs for this series will eventually drop under 10 bucks. That's my price point to pick this up.

Originally Posted by Groucho
Gwen's not on the poll? Not that I think she did it.

I predict that the killer will be somebody we meet less than five minutes before he or she is revealed as the killer, and that the killer's motives will involve some brand new plot point that hasn't been investigated yet.
Now that would be a way to piss off those of us that actually got over the frack-up that S1 finale was.

I actually thought it was Jaime until I saw him get into the elevator. They would never show the killer before the finale.
Old 06-17-12, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I voted Jamie's dad. Would Rosie really be scared of someone like Jamie? And same about Gwen.
Old 06-17-12, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They've set up Richmond to be such a sympathetic character that I wouldn't be surprised if it was him after all. That poor guy got the shaft bad.
Old 06-17-12, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watched the first 5 eps of season 2, have the rest sitting on the dvr but really have no interest in watching them. I may watch tonight or just tune into this thread to see who did it, but overall I'm pretty much ready to say "Fuck this show" and be done with it.
Old 06-17-12, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I predict that Linden has been in a mental hospital the entire time, and that she has a snowglobe of the Seattle skyline on her bedside table.
Old 06-17-12, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's how I hope the show ends:

Linden and Holder finally figure out who the killer is and head over to this big political function, a dinner perhaps, to confront them with the truth. As we see Linden and Holder approaching the three possible murderers, the camera focuses on Ahmed in the background with a determined look on his face. He rips open his shirt to reveal he's carrying a bomb and we hear someone yell in the distance. Linden and Holder look at Ahmed and then look at each other; then there's a flash of white and the screen goes black as the words "The Killing" appear onscreen.
Old 06-17-12, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Well for once in this show they didn't string us along for the entire episode, and revealed the killer before the first commercial break.

Now let's see how they fill up the rest of the series...oops I mean episode.
Old 06-17-12, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's ridiculous how brutal people are to this show.

I still have about 12 minutes left, but this was a very good series finale so far.

I called the Aunt last season and I'm pretty sure there are threads that can prove it, but I'm way to lazy to search and it hardly matters if I'm lying about a television show.

Again, the show was simply not good enough this season, but season one was very good and really the only thing that bothers me about S1 was that I absolutely believed they promised it would be resolved in the finale.

I will miss Holder and Linden. I know the few fans of this show only love Holder, but I love both of them together. They belong together as partners and that's about the only reason I'd like to see them pull off a miracle and get another season.

The acting was really good all around.
Old 06-17-12, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn't watch this season but the curiosity is getting to me... Was the aunt suspected for awhile or did they pull one last twist on you at the end? And, in a nutshell, what was the motive?
Old 06-17-12, 09:21 PM
Suspended

Not sure where the Aunt plays into it. Why was she even there?
Old 06-17-12, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Not sure where the Aunt plays into it. Why was she even there?
She and Ames were in love, and she was going to fly off to Vegas with him.
Old 06-17-12, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Short answer for the ones to wanto to know about the finale:
Jamie found Rosie hidden in a room, after he met with the other two guys. So he started hitting her and thought she was dead. He took her in his car, she woke up and run to the Forrest. Jamie run after her and got her again.
Jamie was discussing with one of the bad guys, near the lake, the aunt was in the car of the bad guy. Jamie and the other bad guy didn't know what to do with the body. The aunt didn't know who the body was, so she decided to drive the car to the lake. So in the end it was actually the aunt the one that killed Rosie. But she didn't know it was her. Someone here should be able to fill the blanks.
Old 06-17-12, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't watch most of the season, but I thought the finale was good enough. Almost at the same level as most of season 1.
Old 06-17-12, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Raul3
I didn't watch most of the season, but I thought the finale was good enough. Almost at the same level as most of season 1.
I agree. Thought this episode and the one episode with Linden in the psych hospital were of the same caliber as last season. 2 out of 12 doesn't cut it, though.

I'm shocked some people think it has a chance to return. I thought the ending was probably the way it was because AMC let them know in advance in wouldn't be back, so they made Linden walk away from her job finally.

It really worked too and I think if the show got a miracle renewal, it would have to be Holder and a new partner. It would be as bad as stringing people along to have Linden finally get away from a job that she just couldn't handle emotionally and then have her come back again to solve a season 3 murder.

Mireille Enos has 3 consecutive juicy looking movie roles with A-list actors and she appears to be the female lead with Sean Penn in one and Brad Pitt in another, so it's good that this show helped her with her career and how much the rest of you seem to not like her. Or maybe you just don't like Linden. I really liked what she did on Big Love and that was the main reason I started watching this show in the first place.
Old 06-17-12, 10:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
It's ridiculous how brutal people are to this show.

I still have about 12 minutes left, but this was a very good series finale so far.

I called the Aunt last season and I'm pretty sure there are threads that can prove it, but I'm way to lazy to search and it hardly matters if I'm lying about a television show.

Again, the show was simply not good enough this season, but season one was very good and really the only thing that bothers me about S1 was that I absolutely believed they promised it would be resolved in the finale.

I will miss Holder and Linden. I know the few fans of this show only love Holder, but I love both of them together. They belong together as partners and that's about the only reason I'd like to see them pull off a miracle and get another season.

The acting was really good all around.
This- I know I am in the vast minority and will probably be slammed for saying this, but I think this is probably one of the most unfairly criticized shows in TV history. If I had never watched a minute of this show, to hear all of the massive criticism of this show I would have expected it to be HORRIBLE, and to me, its just not. The venom and hatred directed towards it was just ridiculous.

Was it the greatest show of all time? Of course not- it did have holes and probably lasted longer than it should have. And yes, there were red herrings, but its a mystery for crying out loud. I just think it all stems from people thinking they were promised to have a killer at end of season one- it never bothered me in the least. I thought it was two really good seasons of tv- certainly better than 80% of anything else on today.

I thought the finale was excellent- I'm not sure I would have been satisfied with it if it had just been Jamie and that had been the end of it, but the Terry twist really was excellent.

The only thing I was questioning in the episode was Jamie's reaction to seeing Rosie the first time- did he even know for certain she saw, or heard, anything? She was just an 17 or 18 year old kid- did she even know who Jamie was?? Even if she had heard something, would she have even known what she heard or known to do something about it?? To me, he could have just let her go and nothing would have ever come of it. His reaction would have made sense if Rosie had been another politician....

Anyway, great finale, and I enjoyed the whole series....
Old 06-17-12, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not going to comment on this season since I didn't watch it but if The Killing is axed, what's AMC going to do for a compelling drama to continue on the network? Breaking Bad is almost done and Mad Men can't have that much time left. I'd hate to see them going for the best network on TV for shows to nothing relevant.

I want to give Hell on Wheels a chance since I like the theme but I heard it wasn't very good.
Old 06-17-12, 11:22 PM
Suspended

Well, they have The Walking Dead!
Old 06-18-12, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I'm not going to go into any indepth analysis, but I thought that was a solid finale. Satisfying ending with closure.

Stan and Mitch watching Rosie's movie with their sons was a really well done scene. Very moving. I almost wish the episode would have ended on a still shot from the movie of Rosie.

However, I did like the last scene where Holder got another call and Linden was like..."Fuck this, I'm done" The ending with her walking away was a good way to close out the series.

Season 2 was a little inconsistent, but overall I was satisfied with the experience.

I'm glad that Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman are getting more work out of this series. Overall they did a solid job as Holder and Linden.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-18-12 at 12:13 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.