Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Where Can I Find *Genuine* Replacement Discs for TV Series?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 06-09-12, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Basically, is there a place on the net where I can find *non-bootleg* copies of specific discs of different tv series--in the case when a disc to a tv series is damaged or missing and you really don't want to buy a whole new set to get another.

What I'm looking for specifically is Star Trek: The Next Generation season 3 discs 4 and 5 (the green ones from the 20th anniversary set).

Also: I've tried e-bay and I got burned. Is there a safer bet?

Thank you in advance.
Old 06-10-12, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Where Can I Find *Genuine* Replacement Discs for TV Series?

Contact the Studio.

Paramount has phone numbers on this page:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/csr.html
Old 06-11-12, 12:12 PM
Banned

I don't see Sony on that list. Their cheap ass slim cases for the Shield scuffs the hell out of the discs before you even get them. I bought a second copy to replace some and had to send them back too. Particularly, season 2,4 and 7.

Replacement discs...hell, I'd kill for some replacement cases since nobody freakin sells the good single/double disc DVD cases. The awesome (NOT Amaray) ones that Warner and Paramount have been using forever. Weird that Viva makes the flimsy eco ones with the same hubs, but it's impossible to get the solid cases.

Last edited by Viper187; 06-11-12 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-11-12, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper187
I don't see Sony on that list.
Try [email protected] or 800-860-2878
Old 06-11-12, 11:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's a case of an outright missing disk or a manufacturing problem, definitely go to the studio, assuming you can't just replace the whole set.

Another suggestion, though, assuming those disks were simply damaged during the packaging or shipping process. If neither the seller nor the studio will make good, there are lots of independent companies (local, rental and used video game or DVD shops) that will professionally resurface a disk for a few dollars. I recently bought a "like new", OOP DVD from an EBay seller for a ridiculously low price. Unfortunately, the disk was scratched enough to make the real condition "good". I had the disk resurfaced (free coupon), swapped the keep case (already on hand), and now it's very much "like new".
Old 06-12-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viper187
I don't see Sony on that list. Their cheap ass slim cases for the Shield scuffs the hell out of the discs before you even get them. I bought a second copy to replace some and had to send them back too. Particularly, season 2,4 and 7.

Replacement discs...hell, I'd kill for some replacement cases since nobody freakin sells the good single/double disc DVD cases. The awesome (NOT Amaray) ones that Warner and Paramount have been using forever. Weird that Viva makes the flimsy eco ones with the same hubs, but it's impossible to get the solid cases.
Here's where I go for cases:

http://www.kingdom.com/DVD-Cases-s/126.htm
Old 06-13-12, 04:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thetao
If it's a case of an outright missing disk or a manufacturing problem, definitely go to the studio, assuming you can't just replace the whole set.

Another suggestion, though, assuming those disks were simply damaged during the packaging or shipping process. If neither the seller nor the studio will make good, there are lots of independent companies (local, rental and used video game or DVD shops) that will professionally resurface a disk for a few dollars. I recently bought a "like new", OOP DVD from an EBay seller for a ridiculously low price. Unfortunately, the disk was scratched enough to make the real condition "good". I had the disk resurfaced (free coupon), swapped the keep case (already on hand), and now it's very much "like new".
Family Video only ever seems to buff discs. Anyone know if Gamestop does it and for how much?