Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki | Ōkami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-12, 01:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ANN entry

Trailer:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PohjJpxjho4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Commercial:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lshnTu_AI4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This looks amazing. The newest from Mamoru Hosoda, of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars.

Personally, while Ghibli has been disappointing for the past few years, this director has really stepped up. I'd say he's the future of Japanese theatrical animation, but what do I know?

Can't wait for this to hit Blu-ray, though. Wish I was still in Japan, but I'll just have to wait now. I'll import as soon as it's announced, though.
Old 06-08-12, 01:13 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts
Re: The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki | Ōkami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki

It would just be a matter of time before this gets licensed in North America. Logic would say that FUNimation will be the likely candidate. Perhaps Sentai Filmworks. I would not be surprised if Viz Media picks this up (since Viz Media Europe has the license over in Europe (not UK)).
Old 03-04-13, 06:48 PM
WTK

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ns8PWyfEz60?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ns8PWyfEz60?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 03-04-13, 07:13 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

I hope FUNi does an English dub for this one. It would be great for the kids, but they won't sit through subtitled films.
Old 03-10-13, 09:34 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I hope FUNi does an English dub for this one. It would be great for the kids, but they won't sit through subtitled films.
FUNimation dubs their anime. So you won't have to worry about that. They are targeting a late 2013 home video release. So we could see it in November/December if things go well.
Old 03-11-13, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

I saw WOLF CHILDREN over the weekend at the New York International Children's Film Festival. Subtitled print. Sold-out crowd. They loved it. It's a great movie, too, better even than his previous films, SUMMER WARS and THE GIRL WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME, both of which were also great.

Last edited by Ash Ketchum; 03-15-13 at 02:03 PM.