Reload this Page >

DVD Surprise ?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

DVD Surprise ?

Old 06-07-12, 05:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DVD Surprise ?

Have you ever been looking through your collection and found a movie or movies that you don't remember buying and don't remember being given ?
Old 06-07-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: DVD Surprise ?

The only DVD surprise I ever found was finding a copy of Kink Club in the DVD player of a hotel I stayed at.
Old 06-07-12, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes I'll forget if I own a couple dump-bin movies. For 5 bucks each sometimes I will grad several at the same time and one or two will end up unwatched and I'll forget about it. I've returned a couple and gifted a few I accidentally double bought...
Old 06-09-12, 01:51 PM

It's probably happened once or twice. I don't really have an easy way to look through my collection, so it's easy to forget.
Old 06-12-12, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,390 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Never but I had the exact opposite happen. I bought the Bluray of Fight Club and went to get my DVD to give to a family member, and it was nowhere to be found. I didn't loan it to anybody, it was simply removed from my house by the DVD gnomes. And it was my original copy, blind-bought shortly after release. It had made at least three house moves without problem, and it vanished.

So I picked up a used copy for the family member I had promised it too, and mailed it to them, and I thought it had disappeared too for nearly a month, but it was simply delayed for a media mail inspection.
Old 06-12-12, 01:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Never but I had the exact opposite happen. I bought the Bluray of Fight Club and went to get my DVD to give to a family member, and it was nowhere to be found. I didn't loan it to anybody, it was simply removed from my house by the DVD gnomes. And it was my original copy, blind-bought shortly after release. It had made at least three house moves without problem, and it vanished.

So I picked up a used copy for the family member I had promised it too, and mailed it to them, and I thought it had disappeared too for nearly a month, but it was simply delayed for a media mail inspection.
I had something similar to this happen to me too. I went to play my copy of The Bourne Identity. The case was there, but the DVD was gone. Never, ever found it. I can only speculate that I mistakenly put the disc in a rental case (along with the rental disc) and returned it to the store. Unlikely, but WTF?
Old 06-12-12, 03:02 PM

Location: The Nova Catacumba Exhibition Center on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon.

Every now and then I break out a DVD of a TV Series to watch and discover it has a "Bonus Episode" of another TV Series from the same producer and/or distributor.

My most recent "Discovery" was Disk No. Three of The Partridge Family, which has an episode of the Animated Series Partridge Family 2200 AD in it.
Old 06-12-12, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

Not really, the act of purchasing, adding it to the spending tab, watching it and then adding it to the main list and Delicious Library pretty much solidifies them all in my mind.