Ratchet & Clank : Full Frontal Assault (PSN) -- Fall 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-12, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts
Ratchet & Clank : Full Frontal Assault (PSN) -- Fall 2012

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Coming to PSN This Fall

+ Posted by Ted Price // CEO, Insomniac Games

The good people of Insomniac Games are preparing to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Ratchet & Clank, which is coming up later this year. An HD remaster of our classic PS2 Ratchet & Clank games is something our fans have requested for a long time, and we’re looking forward to granting their wishes this summer with the Ratchet & Clank Collection.

But we’ve also heard a lot of community requests to develop a new Ratchet & Clank game, one that returns to the classic third-person Ratchet & Clank camera. We listened to your requests, and this holiday season Insomniac will release our new Ratchet & Clank game as part of our 10th Anniversary Celebration.

I’d like to officially announce that Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault will be coming soon to a PS3 near you.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault is a fun-sized Ratchet adventure which will be available for download exclusively on the PlayStation Store. We’ve returned to the series’ classic feel, camera, controls and weapons, while innovating and giving you a whole new way to play. Even better, the addition of online features means you can experience Full Frontal Assault with your friends, so stay tuned! We’re really excited about this game, and we hope even these small tidbits about it get you excited too.

We’ve been hard at work on Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault and now we’re giving you a sneak peek at this first piece of art to give you a taste of what we have in store for you when the game launches later this year. In the meantime, we hope you pick up the Ratchet & Clank Collection when it comes out this summer. We’ll have some more news on the Collection’s release date and a special surprise for North American fans coming in the next couple of weeks.
Old 05-30-12, 04:04 PM

Re: Ratchet & Clank : Full Frontal Assault (PSN) -- Fall 2012

I'm always up for a new R&C game. Sure, I'd prefer a new, full adventure, but I'd sure prefer a downloadable game a' la Quest For Booty over a dreadful multiplayer mess like All 4 One.
Old 05-30-12, 08:56 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I'm always up for a new R&C game. Sure, I'd prefer a new, full adventure, but I'd sure prefer a downloadable game a' la Quest For Booty over a dreadful multiplayer mess like All 4 One.
+1

Love R&C. Quest For Booty was fun, so I'll definitely buy another short adventure. Didn't even bother with All 4 One.
Old 05-30-12, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely loved Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, and Crack in Time (last one being my fav). Can't wait for the HD collection to play the originals and for a new release, bring it!
Old 05-31-12, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

This is one of my favorite series (even if All 4 One sucked balls). I'm down for this on day one. I wonder if it will get a physical release as well?
Old 05-31-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Yeah, I've absolutely loved every single R&C game (except for the multi-player ones, the arena ones, etc.), but the only single-player one I didn't really care for was Quest for Booty, and this also being a shorter downloadable game doesn't really get my hope too high. But then Booty mostly suffered because it didn't have Clank and kept throwing you into the dark, so this one should be better.
Old 08-31-12, 06:22 PM

Just a heads up for anyone interested in Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assualt. There's a beta for which you can sign up for here
Old 08-31-12, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Just a heads up for anyone interested in Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assualt. There's a beta for which you can sign up for here
thanks!
Old 09-01-12, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Damn them to hell for putting a trophy in there that requires you to collect 1 million bolts.
Old 09-01-12, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Damn them to hell for putting a trophy in there that requires you to collect 1 million bolts.
I think that trophy has been in every current-gen R&C game.
Old 10-27-12, 09:49 AM

The game will be $19.99, available in either digital or physical disc form, out 11/27. Either version will come with a free download copy of the game for the Vita. The price seems a touch high if it's the same size as Quest For Booty, but it does come with competitive multiplayer as well.
Old 10-29-12, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Where did you see the confirmation of a physical disc?
Old 10-29-12, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Where did you see the confirmation of a physical disc?
From the Playstation Blog

The 10th Anniversary of Ratchet & Clank is coming up next month, and it’s been a lot of fun this year reliving the memories from our original PS2 games in the recently released Ratchet & Clank Collection. We also had a blast playing the beta of Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault with all of you earlier this fall. Since then, we’ve gotten a flood of e-mails, tweets and Facebook posts asking when you can get back to exploring the battlefield and defending your base in FFA.

We’re happy to announce Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault will be available on November 27th on the PlayStation Store and at retail. That’s right, you asked and we listened: Full Frontal Assault will be available as a retail copy for those of you who love physical copies of your games! Both the download and retail versions support cross-buy as well, so your purchase gets you both the game on PS3 and a digital copy for PlayStation Vita.

The other big question we’ve gotten a lot is “How much will the game cost?” As you know, Full Frontal Assault is a “fun-size” project that’s similar in scope to Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty. But Full Frontal is actually bigger than Booty (sorry, couldn’t resist), as we’ve added tons of new features, including the new base assault and defense elements. An even bigger addition to Full Frontal Assault is the replay value we packed in with online / split-screen co-op, and online competitive modes. Most importantly, while the experience itself may be more condensed, the game quality is bursting at the seams. We’re very proud of what we’ve created.

As such, we’re especially excited to announce that Full Frontal Assault is launching for just $19.99. Considering you get a brand-new Ratchet & Clank game for your PS3 and PS Vita, with cross-save and cross-play support for the game’s co-op and competitive multiplayer, it’s a deal that’s hard to refuse.

That’s all for now! We hope you’re excited about Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault’s launch on November 27th; if you have questions, we’ll try to answer them below!
Old 10-29-12, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hell yeah. Thanks!
Old 11-02-12, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Up for pre-order at Amazon.com for only $19.99.
Old 11-19-12, 04:21 PM

Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault delayed on Vita, out Jan. 2013

by Alexander Sliwinski Writer RSS on Nov 19th 2012 4:00PM

Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault won't be available on Vita until January 2013, but the PS3 version is still locked and loaded for November 27 for $20. Full Frontal Assault was originally intended to launch with cross-buy support across the hardware platforms.

As a "reward" for customers' patience, Sony will release the "Mini-Boss Skin Pack" as free downloadable content on PS3. It contains three boss character skins from past Ratchet & Clank games (pictured above).
Old 11-26-12, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Got it a day early thanks to Amazon. Looking forward to firing it up tonight.
Old 12-03-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really can't being to describe my disappointment with this game. Its really my fault for not reading about it though. Its basically a tower defense game with little worlds in to. The tower defense part eliminates most of the fun of the series and it creates a sense of anxiety when it comes to losing bolts through base defense. And the weapon selection sucks. But the absolute worst part was the difficulty scale of base defense starting with the fourth world. It was ridiculous. We're talking Dark Souls level difficulty. If anyone wants my vita code just let me know. I don't want any part of this anymore.
Old 12-03-12, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Ugh. That sucks - I had no idea it was a tower-defense game. Thanks for the heads up, now I know to avoid it.

I wonder how many people will buy this, thinking it's a traditional R&C game.
Old 12-03-12, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up, starseed1981. This is going in my "avoid" list.
Old 12-03-12, 01:11 PM

If anyone wants my vita code just let me know. I don't want any part of this anymore.
PM sent!
Old 12-03-12, 03:38 PM

I really can't being to describe my disappointment with this game. Its really my fault for not reading about it though. Its basically a tower defense game with little worlds in to. The tower defense part eliminates most of the fun of the series and it creates a sense of anxiety when it comes to losing bolts through base defense. And the weapon selection sucks. But the absolute worst part was the difficulty scale of base defense starting with the fourth world. It was ridiculous. We're talking Dark Souls level difficulty. If anyone wants my vita code just let me know. I don't want any part of this anymore.
Really disappointing to hear. I'm not much of a fan of most Tower Defense games (though I did like Orcs Must Die a lot). I still have my sealed copy from Amazon. Wonder if I should just return it. I think there's a demo; I might try that first. If TL hadn't grabbed it, I probably would have just taken that and sent my game back.
Old 02-07-13, 03:40 PM

Well, FFA Vita got pushed back again, but at least we get a nice bonus out of it:

from Playstation Blog

Ratchet & Clank Update: Full Frontal Assault and Deadlocked

+ Posted by Greg Phillips // Producer, SCEA

As many of you know, when Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault launched for the PS3 system this past November, we announced that the PS Vita version would be coming out later in January 2013 to ensure the best portable Ratchet & Clank experience possible.

Our friends at Tin Giant have been working night and day to bring Insomniac’s PS3 game to the PS Vita system and to provide our fans with a great game. While the original delay has helped us make the game better, we still need more time to bring the game up to the standards expected by our fans.

In order to do this, the launch date for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS Vita has moved to Spring 2013. We realize that this delay may be disappointing for our fans, but please know that we are doing our best to get the game into your hands as soon as possible.

For those of you who have purchased the PS3 version of the game and are waiting for your PS Vita entitlement, we want to make it up to you as best we can. On the release date for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS Vita, we will be offering Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked for the PS3 system as a free download to all of our fans who purchased Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the PS3 system (digitally or on disc). The giveaway will become available when Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS Vita releases.

We greatly appreciate your patience as we work to bring you the best Ratchet & Clank experience possible for the PS Vita system. We will update you with a specific release date as soon as it is available.

Thanks again!

That's worth $20 right there! But hey, Playstation Blog : The game is actually called Ratchet : Deadlocked
Old 02-11-13, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

I got this for clearance at Target a month or so ago, and I was wondering why it was so cheap for an R&C game that came out so recently. Reading this thread, I now know why. They're really running this franchise into the ground, and it's not even obvious to me from the titles which ones are the "real" games and which ones are the ones where they want to play around with new mechanics and multiplayer and other garbage.
Old 02-11-13, 03:28 PM

well, it was only $20 to begin with. But yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with it either. I'm not a tower defense fan and it was too frantic for me to enjoy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.