DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
House -- "Holding On" -- 5/14/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Thirteen (Olivia Wilde) Returns to Princeton Plainsboro

The team takes on the case of Derrick (guest star Skylar Astin), a 19-year-old college student who had a mysterious nose bleed during cheerleading practice, and discovers that his health issues are likely both physiological and psychological. Possibly suffering from schizophrenia, Derrick claims to hear his deceased brother's voice in his head. Meanwhile, Wilson gets advice from former colleague Thirteen (guest star Wilde) and Foreman tries a different approach with House in the all-new "Holding On" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, May 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-821) (TV-14, D, L, V)

Episode 21 of 22

Next week is the series finale.

FYI, there will be a 1 hour retrospective and then the series finale. It's up to you if you want to record both or not.
Old 05-14-12, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: House -- "Holding On" -- 5/14/12

Will the retrospective be enough to watch the finale? I've watched first half of the year but have about the last 9 episodes on my DVr, will I be completely lost for the finale how many episodes previous eps do I need to watch to not be completely confused
Old 05-14-12, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Will the retrospective be enough to watch the finale? I've watched first half of the year but have about the last 9 episodes on my DVr, will I be completely lost for the finale how many episodes previous eps do I need to watch to not be completely confused
No, the retrospective isn't about the 1st half of the season. It's about the entire 8-year run of the show.

Yeah I wouldn't recommend going into the finale not having watched the last 10+ episodes. They introduced a few major character-driven stories. The cases aren't serialized as you probably know, but you would be lost on the character side.
Old 05-14-12, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn
Old 05-14-12, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I'd argue the opposite. I've only seen the last two episodes (three if you count this one tonight) and I feel like I've been pretty caught up.

Of course it doesn't hurt that I have zero interest in what happens to characters not named Chase, House or Wilson.
Old 05-14-12, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Damn
So you really don't want to watch those huh? You just want to cheat and skip to the last episode? C'mon man, this is the final season, don't cheat yourself out of the journey because your feeling lazy.
Old 05-14-12, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that episode was a gut punch.

Poor House. He might yet again pull a rabbit out of his hat, but at least he has apparent consequences. I'm an unabashed fan of the show, but one of the things I disliked it in the beginning was the horrible things he did had no real consequenses (for House). It's still something that makes me uneasy with the show, so I'm always glad when he does have consequences.

13's return was almost pointless.

"Fight" to stay alive and spend your remaining time with minimal quality of life or just enjoy the time you have left? I'd say that one has no right answer and I have no idea what I'd choose.
Old 05-14-12, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MikahC
Well that episode was a gut punch.

Poor House. He might yet again pull a rabbit out of his hat, but at least he has apparent consequences. I'm an unabashed fan of the show, but one of the things I disliked it in the beginning was the horrible things he did had no real consequenses (for House). It's still something that makes me uneasy with the show, so I'm always glad when he does have consequences.

13's return was almost pointless.

"Fight" to stay alive and spend your remaining time with minimal quality of life or just enjoy the time you have left? I'd say that one has no right answer and I have no idea what I'd choose.
Wow, I was crying there at the previews for next week.

I'm not sure if Olivia Wilde has made a movie yet that I've liked and only one that I've seen, despite the film stardom that led to her departure, but when she was playing 13, I thought she was a very attractive woman, just not my type of hot and I think I didn't like her because I liked Cameron so much.

But she looked ungodly hot in this episode, even though I agree it was a weak way to bring her back. She looked Angela Jolie in her prime, perfection hot. Not saying they look alike, just comparing how they both had/have an almost unreal, flawless look about them.
Old 05-15-12, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Blonde Olivia Wilde.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 05-15-12, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

That scene at the restaurant was intense and sad.
Old 05-15-12, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
So you really don't want to watch those huh? You just want to cheat and skip to the last episode? C'mon man, this is the final season, don't cheat yourself out of the journey because your feeling lazy.
Lol tv viewing has limited time in our house..we missed a couple, then it snowballed to 9-10 episodes lol
Old 05-15-12, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Really don't know where they're going with the House/jail thing, but it's a great (and believeable) twist. The writing & acting on this show has been top notch lately, and it's going to be sorely missed.
Old 05-15-12, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by uteotw
Really don't know where they're going with the House/jail thing, but it's a great (and believeable) twist. The writing & acting on this show has been top notch lately, and it's going to be sorely missed.
The best outcome would be for he and Wilson to go on the lam. They steal enough chemo so he can self medicate as they roam the world and dodge the cops. Be together as friends until the end and then after Wilson dies House returns and goes to prison. Hey, that could be a new series. Kind of like the Amazing Race in that they could be in different places each week. Then when they run low on chemo drugs or vicodin they drop by and Taub slips them some out the back door. The show could revolve around their yin/yang existence and opposite belief systems and how one succumbs to the other in the end. I like it.
Old 05-15-12, 11:18 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by barelypure
The best outcome would be for he and Wilson to go on the lam. They steal enough chemo so he can self medicate as they roam the world and dodge the cops. Be together as friends until the end and then after Wilson dies House returns and goes to prison. Hey, that could be a new series. Kind of like the Amazing Race in that they could be in different places each week. Then when they run low on chemo drugs or vicodin they drop by and Taub slips them some out the back door. The show could revolve around their yin/yang existence and opposite belief systems and how one succumbs to the other in the end. I like it.
I would watch this.

Thos.
Old 05-15-12, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm wondering if they foreshadowed a Thelma and Louise ending for House and Wilson next week with Wilson's losing control of his sport car last week.

As far as blonde Olivia Wilde goes, anyone remember how hot she was on "The O.C."? That was pretty close to her debut in TV/films.

Also, Olivia looked insanely hot as a brunette in "The Change-Up".
Old 05-21-12, 10:17 AM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought/think Wilson was going to take the blame for the plumbing stunt
Old 05-21-12, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
I thought/think Wilson was going to take the blame for the plumbing stunt
He certainly wouldn't have much to lose. And once again, House wouldn't have to deal with the consequences of his actions. We'll find out soon.