Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sleepless Night (2012)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sleepless Night (2012)

Old 05-10-12, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sleepless Night (2012)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hz_VfNacaeo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has anyone seen this yet? It's available on VOD/iTunes right now with a theatrical release in October. It's in French.

I watched it tonight after the buzz it's been getting online (being touted as Die Hard in a night club), but I didn't think it was that great. Matt Singer said if he had an Oscar for action movies, he'd give it to this one right now.

Maybe I was just expecting too much, or maybe it was because I just saw The Raid, but I didn't think this was great. It wasn't bad, but it didn't live up to my expectations.
Old 10-12-12, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BUMP

Since it is out on U.S. DVD now...

I thought this was average and entertaining enough...sort of direct-to-video type fare. As an action film, I really don't think there was anything particularly noteworthy at all...a decent brawl between two guys in a restaurant kitchen was probably the best it got in terms of action. As the promo for this movie goes, it is sort of a fusion of TAKEN (because someone is taken from the protagonist) and DIE HARD (because of the one-setting location - a sprawling and packed-with-people nightclub complex)...but this is much more low-budget and smaller in scope (and it wasn't as energetic in terms of pacing as I thought it might be). I liked the lead actor and the story - while nothing special - was certainly more involving than THE RAID. All-in-all, NUIT BLANCHE was innocuous, diverting enough, see-it-and-forget-it fare.