Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Repackaging discs from a box set.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-12, 06:05 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really considering the recent Friday the 13th boxset, but I heard that the packaging sucks. I want to be able to repackage the discs into slim keepcases. The only issue is the artwork. Any tips?
Old 05-09-12, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Repackaging discs from a box set.

Exactly which boxed set? There are many web sites that cater to custom covers. Have you tried some web searches? I recommend also visiting http://www.r1db.com . They not only have a large collection of 300dpi covers, but also have a forum for requesting new covers from their Photoshop-savvy users. There is a cost, though, roughly .90/cover I believe. Hope that helps.
Old 05-09-12, 02:56 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thetao
Exactly which boxed set? There are many web sites that cater to custom covers. Have you tried some web searches?
I'm talking about the one titled "The Collection" that's about 35 dollars on Amazon. Are there any free cover sites that work for this or is this the best one?
Old 05-09-12, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, r1db is the only site I have some familiarity with, excluding cdcovers.cc, whose covers are generally very low-res. I did check both for custom covers for your 8-disk Collection (neither had any, but r1db had several for 10, 11, and 12-disk sets) and then noticed your set was released less than 2 months ago. There have been so many other releases, it could be too soon to expect something without voicing some demand. Devote an hour to web searching and you may be surprised at what you find. But it all else fails, there's the r1db forum, and certain 10 and 11-disk covers might be adaptable to 8 disks (i.e. black out the references to disks 9+ yourself). Or maybe someone else has a better idea?