Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ice Road Truckers Season 6?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-12, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Ice Road Truckers Season 6?

Any word when the new season will start? Just read on a UK website that Lisa Kelly isn't returning(don't know if thats official or not). It also mentioned that Rick ,Hugh and Alex will be in Canada again this season with Alaska getting the other half,once again.
Old 05-06-12, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: Ice Road Truckers Season 6?

Tradition is the show starts around June. They are amping up the hype on Facebook now.

Dave Redmon had a very bad split with the show and uploaded a shitload of homemade videos to YouTube where he exposed the lies of the producers as well as faked scenes. Among his revelations was that Lisa wasn't coming back because she was sick of the headaches. This was back in January and so far his claims seem to be true. None of the IRT items on Facebook mention Lisa.

Dave's videos on YouTube are under the name ExtremeTruckerDave. You should watch them. Very revealing.
Old 05-06-12, 02:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

June 3 I believe. There was a tweet from The History Channel with the date a few days ago.
Old 05-06-12, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Traxan
Tradition is the show starts around June. They are amping up the hype on Facebook now.

Dave Redmon had a very bad split with the show and uploaded a shitload of homemade videos to YouTube where he exposed the lies of the producers as well as faked scenes. Among his revelations was that Lisa wasn't coming back because she was sick of the headaches. This was back in January and so far his claims seem to be true. None of the IRT items on Facebook mention Lisa.

Dave's videos on YouTube are under the name ExtremeTruckerDave. You should watch them. Very revealing.
I did watch those. Pretty interesting stuff.
Old 06-03-12, 02:23 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Heads up! Season Premier tonight.
Old 06-03-12, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I was just going to start a season 6 thread a few minutes ago. Glad this saved me from doing that.

On the positive side Jack Jesse is back after a year off and Rick is back again also.

On the negative, no women this year. Instead of being split between 2 locations there are now 3 with Alex going some place else.
Old 06-03-12, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yup, Dave was right. Lisa bailed. And the NYC JAP didn't come back.

Swamp People has the girl power for now. I could watch a whole series of just Liz and Kristi.
Old 06-04-12, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it true that there will be no more IRT Deadliest Roads? Didn't Dave mention something in his home made videos about it?
Old 06-04-12, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No Lisa.
Old 06-04-12, 06:19 PM

And Dave already posted one of his videos. I'd trade Rick Yemm (wasn't he called Blue something?) for Lisa or Maya. I haven't checked Lisa's website to see if she mentions anything about not appearing on this season of IRT.

Rick
Old 06-04-12, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't recall Maya saying anything but Oh My God but she was good eye candy.
Old 07-22-12, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is anyone watching? Some nasty stuff this season and I have to wonder how much is drama. They found dead deer mice in Rick's truck and he's coughing heavily. They are talking Hanta virus.

The stuff with Jack Jesse copping a major pro wrestling heel attitude strikes me as staged, but I'm not sure on Austin. I think he really is that arrogant of a brat. Pork Chop, who knows, who cares. We traded Lisa Kelly for this fat redneck?

And I really wonder how often the CEO of Carlile gets into a truck and does a haul.
Old 07-22-12, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Couldn't make it through the first episode before I bailed. I'm just tired of Hugh, Rick, Alex and I didn't like any of the new Alaska people. Keeping Lisa and Mya wouldn't even have saved this for me.
Old 07-23-12, 08:36 AM

Well, I've gotten sucked back in. Watched again last night. Mostly because I can't find anything else I want to watch. Still see the "drama" but it does appear the show is focusing on the newer truckers. PorkChop....can't seem to care.
Old 07-23-12, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Traxan
Is anyone watching? Some nasty stuff this season and I have to wonder how much is drama. They found dead deer mice in Rick's truck and he's coughing heavily. They are talking Hanta virus.

The stuff with Jack Jesse copping a major pro wrestling heel attitude strikes me as staged, but I'm not sure on Austin. I think he really is that arrogant of a brat. Pork Chop, who knows, who cares. We traded Lisa Kelly for this fat redneck?

And I really wonder how often the CEO of Carlile gets into a truck and does a haul.
What points to this being staged is when Jack came back and Lane said they had 500 loads to still move before the season ended and they're at the halfway point next week. So why wasn't there a load for Jack if they had that many loads to still haul?

As to Porkchop, they've gone overboard on how he's not fit to drive. Well then why is he still there? Because he adds to the drama. He's been driving for 14 years so unless they just ignored his driving record I'd think he knows what he's doing.

Just like they play up Austin being a whiny bitch. Well he's been driving for 2 years so he has some skill and I just don't think in real life he's the cry baby they make him out to be.
Old 07-23-12, 02:19 PM

Something is going on. I didn't know about the videos and was just watching a few. Suddenly his latest video stopped and everything went "private."
Old 07-23-12, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
Couldn't make it through the first episode before I bailed. I'm just tired of Hugh, Rick, Alex and I didn't like any of the new Alaska people. Keeping Lisa and Mya wouldn't even have saved this for me.
Same here. Finally deleted my season pass and the episodes I hadn't watched yet.
Old 07-23-12, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I hate this show and it's completely staged and phony drama.

Just before commercial: "Whoa-whoa-whoa-OH MY GOD---"
After commercial: "OH MY GOD! I'm almost out of coffee."

The only thing I hate more than this show is myself after watching it.

Next up: "Deadliest Buckets: Slippery Floor Moppers." In this episode Grady "Hallway King" Jones takes on a notoriously treacherous stairwell. "That tile is loose! Look out---!!!"
Old 07-23-12, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I hate this show and it's completely staged and phony drama.

Just before commercial: "Whoa-whoa-whoa-OH MY GOD---"
After commercial: "OH MY GOD! I'm almost out of coffee."

The only thing I hate more than this show is myself after watching it.

Next up: "Deadliest Buckets: Slippery Floor Moppers." In this episode Grady "Hallway King" Jones takes on a notoriously treacherous stairwell. "That tile is loose! Look out---!!!"
Best posting in this thread!!

If anyone wants to actually see them, Lisa apparently has a YouTube channel. I just watched a video she posted from June. Alaska actually looks inviting in the Summer. Appears her user name is KX232
Old 07-24-12, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Alaska is awesome in summer
went there after high school graduation, need to go back

as for ice road truckers, I never even bothered to watch an episode this season. I had 3 or 4 recorded and just said screw it and deleted them
Old 07-24-12, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rduncan
Best posting in this thread!!

If anyone wants to actually see them, Lisa apparently has a YouTube channel. I just watched a video she posted from June. Alaska actually looks inviting in the Summer. Appears her user name is KX232
so if they can drive all the way to Prudhoe in summer why does the show make it seem otherwise?
I know some roads are actually out over ice and would be open water in the summer but obviously the route to prudhoe is open
Old 07-24-12, 09:59 AM

Wiki is your friend: The airport, lodging, and general store are located at Deadhorse; the rigs and processing facilities are located on scattered gravel pads laid atop the tundra. It is only during winter that the surface is hard enough to support heavy equipment and new construction happens at that time.

In some episode or other in the past they trucked up large pads to insulate the ice from the buildings that were going on top. And then there's the oil rig that is on the ocean that the trucks get to by crossing the ice after they leave Prudhoe.
Old 09-10-12, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well looks like you CAN stop the Chop. Porkchop still wasn't improving and got fired and sent home tonight. Ray Veilleux from two seasons ago was brought in as a replacement.

In other news, Rick Yemm continued to act like an unprofessional dick.
Old 09-23-12, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The season ended pretty well. With Pork CHop gone, there was no more drama or clowning or unprofessional behavior, except maybe for Rick. It was all about load count and the genuine risks of the melts.

The real problem with the show now is that it's so fragmented. People would be very upset if Alex left, but he's not working for Carlile. He ran the Dempster Highway and a few to Tuk, which were easily the nastiest roads, while Hugh and Rick were in Winnipeg. So basically you had three different truckers along 3 different roads.

Alex clearly took the greatest risks this year. That trip to the tungsten mine, with the pressurized gasses, up to Tuk, the Dempster, he really took some dangerous trips. The Carlile gang mostly had to deal with trucks falling apart constantly. Austin proved to be a capable young driver, even if he looks and sounds 12, and Jack eventually shed the bad guy act.

The appearance by Governor Sean Parnell was a nice treat at the end, too. No politics, just surprising to see him flying in to the Prudoe Bay fields and talking to the drivers.
Old 09-25-12, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am not that impressed with this show. I especially cannot stand watching the faked under the ice camera shots and the "drama" they try to build that simply is not there. I have enjoyed some of the conversations with and among the drivers but for the most part this show is truly boring. The only reason this show has any drama whatsoever is due to the narrator of the show getting excited and doing what he is paid to do....create tension and anxiety for the viewers to feel like something really bad is happening when most of the time it is nothing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.