Old 03-27-12, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Justified -- "Measures" -- 3/27/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
While Raylan squares off with a pair of Detroit hit men, the battle between Boyd and Quarles comes to a head.

Episode 11 of 13
Old 03-27-12, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Justified -- "Measures" -- 3/27/12

Damn that was one fine ass!
Old 03-27-12, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please make Sam Fisher a recurring character.
Old 03-27-12, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Wow, what an episode. 2 more to go, and all the players are in place.
Old 03-27-12, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't believe there are only 2 more episodes. Every week they just bring it a little more. This should be a great final 2 weeks.

This showdown should be awesome!
Old 03-27-12, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I actually can't believe that they're going to take two whole episodes to get us to a conclusion. The way they left things this week, it is a bit difficult to imagine what next week has in store before we get to the conclusion.

Last week I said I felt the lack of weekly cases has hurt this season. I stand by that, but the serial story this season really is fantastic. I would guess I'm still going to like the second season better, but that's in more doubt after tonight than it was last week.
Old 03-27-12, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Now THAT was some good fucking television. So many different angles going on, I'm diggin' it.
Old 03-28-12, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Last week I said I felt the lack of weekly cases has hurt this season. I stand by that, but the serial story this season really is fantastic. I would guess I'm still going to like the second season better, but that's in more doubt after tonight than it was last week.
For me it's the opposite. I loved the stand alone cases, but I feel this season has just rolled them into "main" characters and has them all contributing to the overall storyline. I think it's been incredible. IMO, depending on how the finale goes down, I think it may be the absolute best single season of a television show ever. Everybody has just been amazing.
Old 03-28-12, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Having Ironside make a Sam Fisher reference was epic.
Old 03-28-12, 06:07 AM

Glad to see that Quarles' latest captive made it out alive, but he didn't look too much worse for wear and was able to break away from the toilet a little too easily.

I got confused for a moment when they showed Arkin and thought it was the supremacist character from Sons of Anarchy.
Old 03-28-12, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Art is such a great character.
Old 03-28-12, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It has been scientifically proven that the appearance of Michael Ironside instantly doubles the badass level.

There's a lot of stuff coming to a head in the next two episodes. Blood will be spilled!
Old 03-28-12, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by n.phelge
I got confused for a moment when they showed Arkin and thought it was the supremacist character from Sons of Anarchy.
Really? Do you often have character separation issues? Like when you saw Michael Ironside show up were you looking for Kuato to pop out of somebody somewhere?
Old 03-28-12, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by superfro
Really? Do you often have character separation issues? Like when you saw Michael Ironside show up were you looking for Kuato to pop out of somebody somewhere?
No - I thought he was going to make Raylan's head explode.
Old 03-28-12, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They really ratcheted it up this week... pretty damn fine television from the Boyd setup of Quarles to the stuff with Lymehouse coming to a head (and it should be interesting if they really do get Boyd involved in it).

Also liked Wynn Duffy making a play for the business in place of Quarles.. I think it would be pretty cool if that storyline is carried forward to next season.

It was also good to see how they followed up with the Quarles death threat to get at Quarles (I was wondering about that in last week's thread and sure enough the writers don't just brush those details aside.)
Old 03-28-12, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by n.phelge
No - I thought he was going to make Raylan's head explode.
There are still 2 more episodes.
Old 03-28-12, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, you really have to pay attention to this show this season. They've got so many players, changing alliances and backstabbing. Love it.

Love when Raylan and Art have scenes together...

Raylan: ""I already have a daddy."
Art: "Yeah, I've met your daddy."
Raylan: "Fair enough, continue."

Old 03-28-12, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For me it's the opposite. I loved the stand alone cases, but I feel this season has just rolled them into "main" characters and has them all contributing to the overall storyline. I think it's been incredible. IMO, depending on how the finale goes down, I think it may be the absolute best single season of a television show ever. Everybody has just been amazing.
The problem for me is particularly with Raylan, there have been times during this season where I'm not sure why he is actually a Marshal. What has he done in a few of the episodes to actually draw a paycheck? I actually sort of wish they had spent a few seconds with some establishing shots showing him on courtroom security, prisoner transport, or something mundane because it would help those episodes a lot for me.
Old 03-29-12, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
It has been scientifically proven that the appearance of Michael Ironside instantly doubles the badass level.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
The problem for me is particularly with Raylan, there have been times during this season where I'm not sure why he is actually a Marshal. What has he done in a few of the episodes to actually draw a paycheck? I actually sort of wish they had spent a few seconds with some establishing shots showing him on courtroom security, prisoner transport, or something mundane because it would help those episodes a lot for me.
I have the same problem. The writers take a lot of liberty with the character. He certainly doesn't seem to do much marshalling.

Anyhow, I feel like this was the first episode all season where I comprehended what was going on with all the different factions in play.
Old 03-29-12, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I have the same problem. The writers take a lot of liberty with the character. He certainly doesn't seem to do much marshalling.
He also never seems to use the bathroom! What is he a robot?!

I get what you guys are saying, but it's an hour long show, and some of the episodes we're only even seeing Raylan for like 20 minutes at best. I'm sure they could work it in, but for me I don't need it. I'm more interested in them moving the plot threads forward than seeing Raylan lead people around the courthouse in handcuffs, etc.
Old 03-29-12, 09:40 AM

He also never seems to use the bathroom! What is he a robot?!

I get what you guys are saying, but it's an hour long show, and some of the episodes we're only even seeing Raylan for like 20 minutes at best. I'm sure they could work it in, but for me I don't need it. I'm more interested in them moving the plot threads forward than seeing Raylan lead people around the courthouse in handcuffs, etc.
I'm putting it down to he is a gov't employee and so he's doing what all gov't employees do, goofing off, dodging work, taking long lunches, etc. If they pulled their weight you'd only need Art most likely in that office.
Old 03-29-12, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by barelypure
I'm putting it down to he is a gov't employee and so he's doing what all gov't employees do, goofing off, dodging work, taking long lunches, etc. If they pulled their weight you'd only need Art most likely in that office.
That's what I do at work, and I'm not a government employee.
Old 03-29-12, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

I've never worked directly with the US Marshals service, but I have with 2 very large police departments here in Phoenix. Both have "street crimes" squads that basically just go out and find their own work. They don't get assigned cases, they just roam around trying to investigate street crimes. This is sort of what we see Raylan doing, just going around trying to stir up shit and get arrests.
Old 03-29-12, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
This is sort of what we see Raylan doing, just going around trying to stir up shit and get arrests.
At least half of that anyway.
Old 03-29-12, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was a great episode. I prefer staying on point with the main plot to the filler episodes too.

Ironside is so legit man, that guy is cool. When he was about to move on Raylan in the bar, that was terrific.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.