Reload this Page >

Buy $10 Amazon GC for $5 Tuesday only!

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 03-20-12, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At AmazonLocal.com. Since many of us do not check other bargain forums..thought some might apppreciate it this...very limited supply.
Old 03-20-12, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Buy $10 Amazon GC for $5 Tuesday only!

Thanks!
Old 03-20-12, 10:27 AM

No AmazonLocal here in Tennessee
Old 03-20-12, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks. Too bad you can't buy more than 1. I guess they learned from the Groupon debacle.
Old 03-20-12, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dugnarug
There wasn't any deals for where I live, but I was still able to buy the $10 GC for $5.
Old 03-20-12, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by IamLegend
At AmazonLocal.com. Since many of us do not check other bargain forums..thought some might apppreciate it this...very limited supply.
Here is a link to that thread

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/5...10-gc-5-a.html

Originally Posted by dugnarug
I just looked for deals in another town.
Old 03-20-12, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't look for deals or subscribe. I just skipped the subscribe part and went straight to buying a gift card. To do this, when you get to the part about picking a city and subscribing, there's a button under that that says you're already a subscriber. That's what you click.
Old 03-20-12, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome deal. Thx!!
Old 03-21-12, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Thanks. Too bad you can't buy more than 1. I guess they learned from the Groupon debacle.
You could if you had separate accounts and separate credit cards.
Old 03-21-12, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
There wasn't any deals for where I live, but I was still able to buy the $10 GC for $5.
Same for me; it arrived in my inbox this morning. No problems adding the GC to my Amazon account.

Thanks to IamLegend here and TheBigDave for the post about the deal in the Amazon thread.
Old 03-22-12, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
You could if you had separate accounts and separate credit cards.
I only did 1 of these yesterday even though our family has 2 accounts with 2 credit cards. Why? Because on the SD thread there was a lot of talk about the "limit 1 per household" wording and how Amazon likes to ban people forever over things like that or returning more items than they feel you should or bugging customer service too often. It hasn't happened to me, but there are tons of stories on the Internet about these things. So I decided it wasn't worth the risk over $5, especially since I have over $100 in stored credits and last I heard if Amazon bans you they just confiscate your stored credits that you paid for by buying Kindle gift cards (i.e. legalized robbery, much like the tax code). It's best not to anger the Amazon/Cancelzon monster, especially if you have stored credits. Those are my opinions.
Old 03-22-12, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I only did 1 of these yesterday even though our family has 2 accounts with 2 credit cards. Why? Because on the SD thread there was a lot of talk about the "limit 1 per household" wording and how Amazon likes to ban people forever over things like that or returning more items than they feel you should or bugging customer service too often. It hasn't happened to me, but there are tons of stories on the Internet about these things. So I decided it wasn't worth the risk over $5, especially since I have over $100 in stored credits and last I heard if Amazon bans you they just confiscate your stored credits that you paid for by buying Kindle gift cards (i.e. legalized robbery, much like the tax code). It's best not to anger the Amazon/Cancelzon monster, especially if you have stored credits. Those are my opinions.
There are also tons of stories about alien babies being born on earth on the internet. Don't think that makes them any more true.
Wrt. Amazon banning people, I have yet to read a story where the person affected was truly innocent and not an abuser of Amazon. I am pretty sure that Amazon has very sophisticated algorithms to detect the abuse/abuser and that they do not ban anybody willy-nilly.
Old 03-22-12, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't mind Manzana, he has a deep-seated and extensively-documented hatred of Amazon - damn them and their consistently low prices and superb customer service!
Old 03-22-12, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Don't mind Manzana, he has a deep-seated and extensively-documented hatred of Amazon - damn them and their consistently low prices and superb customer service!
And don't forget his local Best Buys and Targets and Wal-Marts and Piggly Wigglys and....
Old 03-22-12, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
You cannot be serious.
Old 03-23-12, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
No, that's BB. My feelings for Amazon (which I sometimes call Cancelzon) is not hatred but a current "dislike" due to many orders they've canceled on me within this last year. I still buy from both stores but not like I used to.
Originally Posted by StephenX
You cannot be serious.
If you know about me, then you know I am serious. Serious in that I believe Amazon does ban people over small things (like too many returns or asking for too many adjustments from customer service as others have reported) as well as over abuse (which is justified). However, I don't think each person in the same household with different accounts and credit cards using the $10 GC for $5 offer would be abuse, yet enough other people on SD thought Amazon might and didn't want to risk it... just as I didn't especially since I'm carrying a large (to me) GC balance with them.

Do I believe that people exaggerate or abuse the system and deserve to be banned? Of course and that's probably the majority of complaints, but I've seen enough people (including a few on DVD Talk that I'd trust) say Amazon has banned people for fairly little too. Same stories exist with Staples... 1 person I believe says he was banned because he did a return/rebuy when the price dropped and sent in a rebate. Apparently Staples somehow thought he tried to submit the rebate on the returned purchase rather than the rebuy and banned him from online purchases. Too many stories for some of them not to be true.
Old 03-23-12, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Amazon has gone above and beyond for me many times. If Amazon were a girl I'd marry her.
Old 03-23-12, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They HAVE banned in the past, that is no sci-fi story, and if you bought 100 of these then they may ban you. 2 or 3 though I doubt you'd have to worry. Amazon though is amazing and I wouldn't at all want to take advantage of probably the last customer-centric company out there.
Old 03-23-12, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Amazon has gone above and beyond for me many times. If Amazon were a girl I'd marry her.
She IS a girl, but sorry, she's already engaged to ME!
Old 03-23-12, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've placed a thousand orders with Amazon over the past eleven years, and I don't recall ever having a single order canceled.
Old 03-23-12, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
She IS a girl, but sorry, she's already engaged to ME!
Sorry Ken, but you got my sloppy seconds.
Old 03-23-12, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
I've placed a thousand orders with Amazon over the past eleven years, and I don't recall ever having a single order canceled.
Then you haven't had the "luck" that I've had of trying to buy items at good prices only to find out they are "price mistakes". Each time they did this to me I didn't know they were price mistakes when I ordered, so I guess I just have a knack for picking the wrong stuff. If we exclude those, then all my other orders go through fine.

However, I had 4 orders canceled (3 very large ones with dozens of items each) in the last few months, so it feels like a lot lately. And they didn't cancel 3 out of 4 right away... they waited 2 weeks after telling me twice they'd ship them all before they changed their mind and canceled them instead. That's why when I see a really good price on Amazon I wonder if it's a mistake and they'll just cancel. For the majority of my orders over the years I've used Amazon, it's a very small amount and they are good overall, BUT right now they seem to be cancel-happy with me. I assume if nothing else goes wrong that I'll get over this by BF time. Perhaps it's that I've normally had good luck with Amazon in the past that I had high expectations and had them knocked down with my recent experiences. Never said I hated or wouldn't use Amazon... just that I'm disappointed with them lately, and I worry about them banning over minor things.
Old 03-23-12, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts

I've never had an order cancelled either. But then I don't jump on those "this price is too good to be true and I know it'll get cancelled but I will try anyways so I can complain that they cancelled my orders" type of deal.
Old 03-24-12, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't had a single Amazon.com order canceled, but that's not including Marketplace sellers. I've had a good share of those canceled on me.
Old 03-24-12, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
I've never had an order cancelled either. But then I don't jump on those "this price is too good to be true and I know it'll get cancelled but I will try anyways so I can complain that they cancelled my orders" type of deal.
The bold part is inaccurate in my case. I did NOT know they would be canceled nor that they were price mistakes. If I had known, I wouldn't have wasted hours in vain ordering stuff that I thought was just on sale. They had even announced they were going to have a CD sale that day, and I thought that was it. I got excited because the prices were so good. So, if I ever see something that's cheap (like a CD normally priced at $10 for $2) I should not order it but just assume it's a price mistake? That's what you're saying.

Like I said, the worst part was Amazon told me twice they'd still honor the items at those prices and then 2 weeks later went back on what they said. Normally if they are price mistakes they cancel right away instead of wait 2 weeks. I've had a few marketplace sellers cancel on me too, and I lump that in with the total.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.