Old 03-11-12, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
GCB -- "Hell Hath No Fury" -- 3/11/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-02-12

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Hell Hath No Fury" - Amanda becomes concerned that Laura will be branded a "Javelina" or not-so cute-girl - a name that Amanda coined herself in high school -- while Gigi decides to throw Amanda a luncheon in her honor in an effort to reintroduce her to society. Meanwhile a devastated Carlene rallies from her embarrassment in church and plots to get back at Amanda, Blake and Cricket disagree over his priorities, and Sharon worries about Zach's fidelity, on "GCB," SUNDAY, MARCH 11 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 2 of 10
Old 03-14-12, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: GCB -- "Hell Hath No Fury" -- 3/11/12

Made the time tonight to watch the 1st 2 episodes including this one. Obviously a show like this will not get priority viewing in this forum, especially on The Walking Dead Sunday.

Here's a few thoughts.

** I kind of like it, but I don't love it. I can see this show being a really hard sell to male viewers, especially the guys in this forum. I think it's more suited to a female demographic. The show is kind of corny and really over the top.

** I believe Dr. DVD made a comment in the Pilot episode thread that he thinks Leslie Bibb was miscast as the lead of this show and is too young to play a mother. Well, 1st of all, she's 37 years old. It's very possible for someone her age to have kids in High School. The show has also made a reference that Amanda left Dallas 16 years (assuming she was in her early 20's after she had her kids)

** In this episode, I was a little surprised that they fully acknowledged Cricket's husband is gay and she's aware of it. at their bed and the space between them.

** The blurred boob shot of Cricket's daughter did make me chuckle at how silly it was.

I probably won't be able to chime in every single week, but the season is so short at only 10 episodes (8 more left) so I'll try to stick with it and see how it goes.

I think Carlene (Kristin Chenoweth) is a fun character. A little over the top, but she brings some humor.
Old 03-14-12, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I thought the ending was surprising as well. I was like "Oh, that's not going to be a shock. Nice twist."
Old 03-14-12, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Even though Chenoweth is 6 years older than Bibb, there looks to be at least a decade in the difference. Bibb looks fantastic, and Chenoweth does not (even though I am a big Chenoweth fan, she looks pretty haggard). My PVR didn't catch the first episode so I watched it online, and fast forwarded the second one. Not too bad, definitely female oriented, but it could get good fun. I might try to watch all 10 episodes. How are they doing in the ratings?
Old 03-14-12, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by movieking
Even though Chenoweth is 6 years older than Bibb, there looks to be at least a decade in the difference. Bibb looks fantastic, and Chenoweth does not (even though I am a big Chenoweth fan, she looks pretty haggard). My PVR didn't catch the first episode so I watched it online, and fast forwarded the second one. Not too bad, definitely female oriented, but it could get good fun. I might try to watch all 10 episodes. How are they doing in the ratings?
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ted-up/124193/

Episode 2 won the timeslot on Sunday over CSI Miami and Celebrity Apprentice.
Old 03-14-12, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting. It bodes well I guess for next year, assuming that it doesn't collapse monumentally.