Old 03-11-12, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Breakout Kings -- "Round Two" -- 3/11/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-03-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A group of convicts use a subterranean tunnel to get to a home near the prison, and one of them is an undercover agent whose allegiance may be compromised.

Episode 2 of 10

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x62etaxK05c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-12-12, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Breakout Kings -- "Round Two" -- 3/11/12

Great follow up to last week.

Rather than just starting up a new case fresh, it was good to see the aftermath of Charlie's murder still lingering with the characters.

Nice to see Ray finally get out of the halfway house.

The case of the week was fun. It was cool to see Erica with a gun. That is pretty hot.

at Shea calling the FBI agent Foxy Brown.

at Lloyd in his boxers playing guitar with the leaf blower as a distraction.

"Shabba, Shabba"

the toast at the end to Charlie was a nice touch, especially with Ray leaving a drink of Charlie's photo.
Old 03-12-12, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

After the great season opener, I was afraid this episode would be a letdown by comparison. I was very glad to be wrong. It was great episode all around and I love how they are all reeling from the loss of Charlie in their own way.

Really liked Lloyd saying he missed Charlie.
Old 03-12-12, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lloyd has just been tremendous this season. Every scene with him has either been really dramatic or really funny.

I'm starting to think there's something more to the new neighbor downstairs. Last week they made a point to show him looking at the laptop with the government symbol on it and this week he's consoling Erica right after getting upset she was downstairs.

Surprised to see Charlie's killer makes his return so soon next week as I thought it would be a few more episodes of them coming to grips with it and then "bam" he shows up to bring up all the feelings again.
Old 03-12-12, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith6601
Lloyd has just been tremendous this season. Every scene with him has either been really dramatic or really funny.
I like all the characters, but Lloyd really makes the show for me. Good case of the week, and I liked them dealing with Charlie's death.

I'm not sure where they're going with the new office tenant. It did seem suspicious that a nightclub owner would rent an office - why not run the place from the nightclub during the day? We'll see.
Old 03-12-12, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk God

From Nick Santora's Twitter page:

BTW, we edited the last 2 eps of the season this week. you'll NEVER guess how Charlie's death plays out in the end - it's SICK!!!!!
Old 03-12-12, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith6601
I'm starting to think there's something more to the new neighbor downstairs. Last week they made a point to show him looking at the laptop with the government symbol on it and this week he's consoling Erica right after getting upset she was downstairs.
Yep. There's no way that guy doesn't play a larger role in this season. Not sure what yet, but he's definitely doing something. Maybe spying on the team to see if they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Lloyd is awesome on this show. Shabba!
Old 03-13-12, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funniest thing of Lloyd for me was seeing him spider walk his chair across the office floor towards Shea.
Old 03-13-12, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great ep this week
Old 03-13-12, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
From Nick Santora's Twitter page:
I'm confused. Are they going to attribute extra meaning to Charlie's death? Or are they gonna bring him back in some unlikely scenario just to kill him again?
Old 03-13-12, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I'm confused. Are they going to attribute extra meaning to Charlie's death? Or are they gonna bring him back in some unlikely scenario just to kill him again?
I think it has something to do with the arc for this season. Charlie's dead no question about that. Nick Santora is a smart writer, I trust they have something interesting planned.
Old 03-13-12, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They saw how popular Walking Dead is.
Old 03-14-12, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk God

I bought the DVD for season 1 today. There are 2 commentary tracks. 1 on the Pilot and the other on the T-Bag episode. They are fantastic. Very informative. Matt Olmstead and Nick Santora do the tracks and they are very fun to listen to.

Matt Olmstead mentioned on one of the commentary tracks that season 2 is being shot in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. They said they had to get out of the Toronto cold, which was where season 1 was shot.

If you choose to buy the DVD, I highly recommend giving the tracks a listen.

The bonus materials besides the commentary tracks is a little weak. Probably less than 30 minutes of material. Mostly EPK fluff and deleted scenes.
Old 03-14-12, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a shame they didn't put the first season out on Blu-ray.

As for this episode, I enjoyed it. They continued the Charlie arc while delving into the convicts of the week, blending everything together quite well. As for the club guy downstairs, there has to be something more to him than just somebody for Erica to flirt with. It's actually pretty damn creepy that he's in that trashy office all by himself surrounded by random bottles of alcohol. It's such a strange profession to give him.

I do wish they would have spent an episode at Ray's halfway house last season. Granted, it would have pulled away from the formula of chasing down cons for one night, but there seems to be some nice backstory and characters there that seemingly have gone to waste.

Last edited by Eric D.; 03-14-12 at 05:33 AM.
Old 03-14-12, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wish season 1 was on BD. This show looks great in HD.