Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NCAA Football 13.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-12, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
NCAA Football 13.

Late Sunday evening, the flagship radio station for the Baylor Bears (1660 AM ESPN Central Texas) tweeted out a report that former Baylor quarterback and 2011 Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III will be on the cover of NCAA Football 13.

From ESPN Central Texas: "With a photo shoot in the offing, I can confirm that Robert Griffin III will be on the cover of EA Sports NCAA Football 2013 this year."

Beginning March 12, fans can visit the NCAA Football Facebook page to vote for one of former eight Heisman Trophy winners to join Griffin on the cover. This appears to confirm some role for former Heisman Trophy winners in the game. NCAA Football 13 will be available July 10, 2012.

The candidates include former University of Southern California running back Marcus Allen, former Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie, former The Ohio State University running back Eddie George, former The University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard, former Oklahoma State University running back Barry Sanders, former University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker, former Florida State University quarterback Charlie Ward and former University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware.

The first student-athlete from Baylor to win the Heisman Trophy, Robert Griffin III – popularly known as “RG3”— also won the Davey O’Brien Award and was named the Associated Press College Football Player of the Year in 2011. In 2008, RG3 was named the Big 12 Conference Offensive Freshman of the Year by the league’s coaches, setting the school’s rushing yards record for a freshman and for a quarterback with 843 yards for the season.

Last edited by Sonny Corinthos; 02-27-12 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-16-12, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: NCAA Football 13.

Barry Sanders will be joining Robert Griffin III on the cover of NCAA Football 13. Check out the final cover art below.

Spoiler:
Old 04-16-12, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Why the idea to showcase a throwback winner? As a Lions fan I love me some Barry... but why for NCAA 13?
Old 04-16-12, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NCAA is always more fun than Madden.
Old 04-16-12, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Why the idea to showcase a throwback winner? As a Lions fan I love me some Barry... but why for NCAA 13?
Maybe they are going to add some all time teams?
Old 04-16-12, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
There's a new Heisman Challenge mode in the game this year.

There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.
Old 06-05-12, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The NCAA Football 13 demo is NOW AVAILABLE on Xbox 360. Coming to PS3 tomorrow!
Old 07-10-12, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone pick this up today?
Old 07-10-12, 09:03 PM
bcd

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

My copy is in mail. My last one was 2009. Looking forward to it!
Old 07-10-12, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I got it from Amazon today but won't be able to check it out till tomorrow. I basically took last's years version off so itching to give this one a go.
The fact that most review sites aren't even scoring these yearly sports games anymore tells me not much has really changed.
Old 07-10-12, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Hopefully they fixed the super LBs this year and you can complete a pass around one, nothing like a LB picking off a pass 20 yards up in the air.
Old 07-11-12, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm hearing pretty awful things about this year's installment.
Old 07-11-12, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusm
Hopefully they fixed the super LBs this year and you can complete a pass around one, nothing like a LB picking off a pass 20 yards up in the air.
From what I've read, I don't think they did. Looks like I'll wait 'till it goes on sale.
Old 07-11-12, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Originally Posted by boogieman03
From what I've read, I don't think they did. Looks like I'll wait 'till it goes on sale.
au contraire. The big thing that was touted was no more super LB's and psychic DB's. To catch or react to the ball a players head has to be looking in the direction of the ball. So far from what I have played it seems to be true. The quarterback play is running appropriate drops for plays. The Quick screens have been improvedThe play action is fixed and you can pull the HB out of a play action dive to help with blitzes. Running the Read option has also improved. They claim to have retooled the triple option to make it more effective but I have not tried it yet. The touch passing takes a little getting used to and your timing on routes is much more important than in past games
Old 07-11-12, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Originally Posted by chuckd21
I'm hearing pretty awful things about this year's installment.
There are of course technical issues with the Dynasty - mostly to do with recruits and recruiting pitches.
Old 07-11-12, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzness
au contraire. The big thing that was touted was no more super LB's and psychic DB's. To catch or react to the ball a players head has to be looking in the direction of the ball. So far from what I have played it seems to be true. The quarterback play is running appropriate drops for plays. The Quick screens have been improvedThe play action is fixed and you can pull the HB out of a play action dive to help with blitzes. Running the Read option has also improved. They claim to have retooled the triple option to make it more effective but I have not tried it yet. The touch passing takes a little getting used to and your timing on routes is much more important than in past games
Thanks. That was my biggest peeve from last year's game. I'll keep reading a few more user reviews before I commit.

Another question. The demo had "game break updates" like twice a quarter. Is that still present? IS it toned down? Is there a turn it off feature?
Old 07-11-12, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

I played alot of NCAA 12 last year, and about 15 minutes of Madden 12.

I don't even really follow college sports and I'm a big NFL fan. So yeah.
Old 07-11-12, 08:05 PM
bcd

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey I have a code for the Nike Pro Combat uniforms, first one to PM me saying they want it gets the code. CLAIMED!