Old 02-21-12, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Glee -- Winter Season Finale -- "On My Way" -- 2/21/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-11-29

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Things heat up as the New Directions go head-to-head with the Dalton Academy Warblers at Regionals in the all-new Winter Finale "On My Way" episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, Feb. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-314) (TV-14 D, L)

Returns April 10th.

Episode 14 of 22
Old 02-21-12, 10:52 PM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: Glee -- Winter Season Finale -- "On My Way" -- 2/21/12

I really like the idea that they are going to 'graduate' some of the cast this season and bring in some new blood. I'm REALLY tired of seeing most of these characters and look forward to seeing what happens next season.

That being said, I am disappointed that they aren't really dealing much with the aspects of saying goodbye to high school and feeling like you are an adult taht I remember feeling in my last three months of high school. Most of these idiots are still obsessing over 'regionals' when they should be thinking about how much their life is gonna change in a few months after they graduate.

The gay storyline with Kurt is like a never ending nightmare that keeps going further everytime you think they have wrapped things up. Why did they even bother bringing back the bully only to turn his entire character into a tired cliche?

I know there are only 7 episodes left so maybe they still plan to address some of these things but I really wish they'd just figure out how to pack more songs in and less of their horrid storylines.

Note to Glee writers: Nobody is watching this show for your crap-tastic depiction of teen life. It's about the singing stupid!
Old 02-21-12, 10:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think packing in even more songs is going to help.
Old 02-21-12, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. First an attempted suicide and then a car wreck, all in one episode?
Talk about a total tonal change.
They going to make this into another Hospital show?
Sheesh.
Old 02-22-12, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix
Note to Glee writers: Nobody is watching this show for your crap-tastic depiction of teen life. It's about the singing stupid!
I basically forward throught he episodes now for the songs. While I stop to get the gist of things, I don't stop to really pay attention. This is what last night's episode looked like to me.

Douche from Blain's school has naked picture of Finn, bully gets bullied and kills himself, stuff with Finn and Rachel's wedding, bully is alive!, Kurt is sad, douche bag, watched all the sectional stuff, wedding, car wreck.

Got through the whole thing in 18 minutes. It was good.
Old 02-22-12, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

when karosky was getting his suit out, i thought that was to signify that he could not go back to school, and had to find a job. I figured no way they turn this into a suicide cliche thing. my mistake.

as soon as i saw quinn in the car i thought, you know what this show is missing? A "someone gets t-boned in an intersection" scene. then thought no way, they just did the gay kid tries to kill himself schtick. they couldn't cram two tropes into one show.

lame brittany line about lord tubbington.

where is the glee i used to enjoy?
Old 02-22-12, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

My kid spoiled the ending for me on Twitter

I liked the episode despite the hot button-yness. I would like to see them hire some music-savvy judges, though.
Old 02-22-12, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

Seems like this show has jumped the shark. I wonder if they plan to reveal Rachel having a bun in the oven?
Old 02-22-12, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought it was great episode and watched it twice. I'm guessing that marriage isn't going to happen. Nice message to teen texters too. Text and drive and you could die.
As for the extra songs, it was the regionals episode. It's interesting that so much happened that the competition took a back seat.
Old 02-22-12, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza
I thought it was great episode and watched it twice. I'm guessing that marriage isn't going to happen. Nice message to teen texters too. Text and drive and you could die.
As for the extra songs, it was the regionals episode. It's interesting that so much happened that the competition took a back seat.
This.

I actually really enjoyed the episode as was shocked how far they went with the teen suicide considering this is broadcast television for a taboo subject.

Also while watching this episode you can really tell that they starting to wrap things up as far as the major graduating characters are concern - it felt like a show that is episodes away from it's finale.
Old 02-22-12, 06:57 PM

Glee has had some preachy moments, but I don't really mind because of the demographic that watches the show. If someone getting into a car accident on the show because they were texting makes one kid who watches the show stop doing it, then it's worth it. If a kid feels more accepted and doesn't attempt suicide because of the gay suicide storyline this week, then it's worth it.

With that being said, the show hasn't been real good since the first season and I, like others have mentioned, pretty much just fast forward to the music scenes. Even a lot of the music isn't that good in some episodes.
Old 02-23-12, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This pretty much says it all...
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/monkeys-...glee-on-my-way
Old 02-23-12, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by riley_dude
i actually just spit my drink out laughing at calling the car crash 'Michael Vaughn'd her way out of the hour
Old 02-23-12, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza
And it was better than that episode in which the competition took a back seat because they were still writing their songs like "Trouty Mouth."

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
Glee has had some preachy moments, but I don't really mind because of the demographic that watches the show. If someone getting into a car accident on the show because they were texting makes one kid who watches the show stop doing it, then it's worth it. If a kid feels more accepted and doesn't attempt suicide because of the gay suicide storyline this week, then it's worth it.
This, absolutely. My teen is a huge fan of the show and I see it make a difference in her attitude toward tolerance, the kind of music she listens to, etc., and driver's ed is going to start soon.
Old 02-23-12, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

While I am not currently a Glee viewer, I did watch regularly last season. The problem I had with it that contributed to my decision to stop, and still seems evident, was the lame stories. While I am aware the whole point of the show is the musical numbers,as many will argue, I cannot help but feel that isn't the case. It seems to me the point of the show over the past two years has become selling music on iTunes, and everything else is peripheral (plot, placement of the songs as to how they relate). It's like whomever is in charge of Ryan Murphy is just taking the stance of "do whatever you want with the story, just make sure we have some stuff to sell." It almost seems akin to George Lucas when he made the Star Wars prequels, where the FX and toys seemed like the purpose of the movies as opposed to being side attractions.
Old 03-11-12, 07:45 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Nudie pics of Heather Morris have leaked....
Old 03-11-12, 08:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Wow. First an attempted suicide and then a car wreck, all in one episode?
Talk about a total tonal change.
They going to make this into another Hospital show?
Sheesh.
it all played out like a subpar Degrassi High episode.