Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon-Yet to Ship(5 days later)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-18-12, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Wow-this is the longest wait yet. Maybe everyone at their warehouse is asleep and can't ship my order. I don't know how DVD Empire ships free shipping orders ASAP(during the week),while Amazon ships free shipping-
As Slow As Possible.
Old 02-18-12, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon-Yet to Ship(5 days later)

What shipping method did you choose, and did the product have an "out of stock" message on it?
Old 02-18-12, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Everything was in stock. Used free shipping. Thats why I mentioned DVD Empire. They don't sit on orders,free shipping or not. I had previously ordered a book which just became available early than anticipated so maybe Amazon are combining orders. All I know is its bullshit to wait almost a week.
Old 02-18-12, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
Everything was in stock. Used free shipping. Thats why I mentioned DVD Empire. They don't sit on orders,free shipping or not. I had previously ordered a book which just became available early than anticipated so maybe Amazon are combining orders. All I know is its bullshit to wait almost a week.
you get what you pay for
Old 02-18-12, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sorry, you're surprised that Amazon's free shipping takes forever to get out the door? That's how it's been since they introduced Free Super Saver Shipping.
Old 02-18-12, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

^
Agreed. I just don't get why people can't comprehend this at this point. It seems like every few weeks a topic like this comes up. How can people just not get it by now? If you want something from Amazon in a timely manner, splurge for a Prime membership. Find someone who has one and beg them to invite you. It's freaking worth it.
Old 02-18-12, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Humm.. I've never had a problem with the shipping. And I only use their free ship option. Usually it's within a business day if I order something that is Instock.
Old 02-19-12, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
^
Agreed. I just don't get why people can't comprehend this at this point. It seems like every few weeks a topic like this comes up. How can people just not get it by now? If you want something from Amazon in a timely manner, splurge for a Prime membership. Find someone who has one and beg them to invite you. It's freaking worth it.
I found out what happened to my order. They double charged my CC and when they went to charge it a second time,there wasn't enough funds for the order. They fully charged the card and only sent one item and then sent the money back on the card,but by the time I re-submitted the CC,the funds still weren't back on the card. The funds should be back on the card today. This all wouldn't happen if the would charge the card ASAP after placing the order then shipping it in a timely manner(within 48 hrs). So this was all Amazon's fault with alittle bit of fault to the free shipping.
Old 02-19-12, 08:09 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I found out what happened to my order. They double charged my CC and when they went to charge it a second time,there wasn't enough funds for the order. They fully charged the card and only sent one item and then sent the money back on the card,but by the time I re-submitted the CC,the funds still weren't back on the card. The funds should be back on the card today. This all wouldn't happen if the would charge the card ASAP after placing the order then shipping it in a timely manner(within 48 hrs). So this was all Amazon's fault with alittle bit of fault to the free shipping.
I don't want to sound mean, but if buying a dvd maxes out your credit to a point when they won't allow you to charge anymore, maybe you shouldn't be buying the dvd at this point free shipping or not.
Old 02-19-12, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did they double-charge, or did they place a hold when you ordered, then a charge when they shipped?