Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone else have issues with NBCUniversal?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-12, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

When the NBCUniversal store was having one of their holiday sales, I pre-ordered American Graffiti (release 1/10) and To Kill A Mockingbird (release 1/31) on blu-ray. The first release date came and went with nothing, so I called on 1/23 to see if there was a problem with my order. They claimed that American Graffiti was backordered, but they were showing it would ship on 1/31 with To Kill a Mockingbird. I asked if I could cancel American Graffiti, as I was just going to buy it through Best Buy's Trade & Save program, but they insisted it was too close to shipping (at 8 days?) and couldn't be canceled. Whatever.

1/31 came and went with no shipping confirmation, so I called again on 2/3. Supposedly both movies were going to be shipping soon and I still couldn't cancel my order because they'd already processed it in the warehouse.

Another week went by with nothing, so last week I checked their site and saw they'd changed the product pages for both movies to list them as preorders, available on 2/14.

As of today, still nothing, so I just went to their site to see if the dates have been changed again and they've removed both listings, along with almost their entire blu-ray selection. I don't know what they hell's going on, but it's the last time I order from their site. Considering they make the products in question and are having no problem getting them out to retailers, this is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 02-17-12, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts
Re: Anyone else have issues with NBCUniversal?

Just as a follow up, I ended up calling NBCUniversal yesterday and was told both movies would be shipping 'in the next week or two'. I asked for the orders to be canceled and they said they'd get back to me if that was possible. Got home last night and both movies had been delivered. Glad to finally receive them, but my confidence in the NBCU shop is fairly shot.
Old 02-17-12, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts
Re: Anyone else have issues with NBCUniversal?

So basically, the phone reps have no access to any accurate information, so they just pull bs out of their ass.