Old 02-05-12, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Shameless -- "Father's Day" -- 2/05/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-08

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When Eddie Jackson's body turns up, Frank thinks he should be in line to claim his pension and insurance benefits. Meanwhile, Fiona attends a high-class wedding with her sugar daddy; Lip discovers startling news about Karen and Jody; Frank's room is rented to a hooker; Veronica suspects Kev of cheating; and Sheila uncovers the truth about what transpired between Frank and Karen last year.

Episode 5 of 12

Promo:

<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1416130415001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1416130415001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>
Old 02-05-12, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Shameless -- "Father's Day" -- 2/05/12

In case you missed the news, this was renewed for a 3rd season last week.
Old 02-05-12, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think that they are going to follow the original and have

Spoiler:
Fiona run away with steve at the end of this season or will they keep her around as long as they can?
Old 02-05-12, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mortalplague
Do you think that they are going to follow the original and have

Spoiler:
Fiona run away with steve at the end of this season or will they keep her around as long as they can?
Spoiler:
i don't think they have a show without her. I think she gives the show an emotional center and a relate-able sympathetic character. plus, they get rid of her, who takes her naked place? Macy's yambag? no thanks.
Old 02-06-12, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Besides, Steve still hasn't explained why he was doing all the illegal things he was doing when he met Fiona and the family yet comes from money.
Old 02-06-12, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk God

at Karen pissing on her fathers grave.

This episode was light on laughs, but had some interesting developments. Some good drama in this episode.

I honestly felt bad for Lip. Karen is continuing to push him away and judging by that last scene with him getting his ass kicked he's feeling pretty dejected.

And to top it off, Ian's now pissed at him for stealing his "In" to West Point.

And then we have Debbie wanting to grow up too fast.

And of course Frank continues to be a piece of crap constantly hounding Sheila for the paperwork for Eddie's passing. It looks like a "wedding" between Frank and Sheila is in the works so he can continue to cash those checks.

Was quite surprised that the black kid had Ethel's husband shanked in prison.

I actually kind of like the new guy that Fiona hung out with. And of course Steve has to show up at the end.

Love the nickname for that whore "Double Bag Bev"
Old 02-06-12, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
: Was quite surprised that the black kid had Ethel's husband shanked in prison.

I thought it was humorous how they both reacted to the story. Her fondly remembering and him hearing about a rape of a young girl by an old man and their difference of being taken care of.
Old 02-06-12, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
Spoiler:
i don't think they have a show without her. I think she gives the show an emotional center and a relate-able sympathetic character. plus, they get rid of her, who takes her naked place? Macy's yambag? no thanks.
Spoiler:
I defintely agree, not to mention Emmy has stated on several occasions that she has signed a 5-year contract with the studio

It sucks that it took almost half a season to get Steve back, but it looks like it's going to be interesting finding out what he's been up to/what he wants.
Old 02-06-12, 02:14 PM

i just don't get why Fiona would be interested in the rich older guy. Unless she is going to play him for some money, he didn't seem particularly attractive looks or personality wise. and she never stuck me as whoring for money to pay bills, so it seems... strange.

i can sort of see debbie liking little mike, because the heart wants what it wants. to me this seems like an example of where you are from, dictating your actions no matter how smart you actually are. see Lip.

in debs case, i would expect her to be attracted to a better loser than mike, who is such a douche.

also found it really strange fiona would allow a strange whore to live with them and ply her trade in the house.

it is like the Gallaghers go shit crazy in the summer, lose all sense and act completely out of character.

except frank.
Old 02-06-12, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Who's Mike? Do you mean Little Hank?
Old 02-07-12, 07:15 AM

Did Steve look so womanly last season too?
Old 02-07-12, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, did I miss the scene last episode where the rich guy invites Fiona to the wedding??

I really enjoyed the episode, but Karen is pissing me off like nothing else. If there is not more to what her father did to her - she's just a grade A bitch.

at Jody checking on the grill.

When they showed that "suck my dick" line again in the previously on segment I thought the guy was literally going to get Ian to go down on him but that turn of events with him recommending Lip was a nice surprise.

Also the scene where the rich guy just disappears into the car and drives away was really well done.

Last edited by conscience; 02-07-12 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-07-12, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by windom
Who's Mike? Do you mean Little Hank?
Hank, thanks.

jesus i am losing my memory in old age.
Old 02-07-12, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by conscience
I really enjoyed the episode, but Karen is pissing me off like nothing else. If there is not more to what her father did to her - she's just a grade A bitch.
I agree. I just don't get it. I don't take this show too seriously but from what I gather he wasn't that bad of a father. She's just upset because he called her a whore.. but hey if the shoe fits.

Lips like about Jodie was great "enjoy a long life of monosyllables and knock knock jokes". I have to steal that some time.
Old 02-07-12, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by conscience
Okay, did I miss the scene last episode where the rich guy invites Fiona to the wedding??
Nope. We just watched the last 2 episodes back to back and this scene only existed in the "Previously on" segment at the beginning of this episode. There's a mighty "whoops" on editing.
Old 02-08-12, 12:05 PM

I have a real messed up mind. When the rich guy was walking Fiona upstairs and into that room with the pictures, I thought he was setting her up for some kind of sexual assault with the other rich dude who eventually tried that blackmail move on her.
Old 02-08-12, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome episode. Loved little Hank giving Deb's the flowers.