DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DVD Polizei
Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 02-12-12, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Is anyone going to report this to Amazon with me, so we can get an Amazon price match?!? Who's with me! ...I am!
Old 02-13-12, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Old 02-13-12, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lincoln Lawyer blu/dvd/dc is 7.99 too.
Old 02-13-12, 10:36 AM
Banned

In for adventureland.
Old 02-13-12, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
Wow, when did Adventureland hit that kind of price. I've been wanting that since it came out but it rarely ever went on sale so I just stopped trying to even look for it.
Pretty sure that it has to do with the fact that Disney isn't the distributor anymore. Pretty much all of the Miramax stuff has dropped like a stone since Lions Gate took over.
Old 02-13-12, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stopped by Best Buy during lunch and they had tags for every $5.99 and $7.99 title listed online. Of course several were already out of stock. I picked up:

Serendipity $3.99 (with $2 coupon)
Trainspotting $5.99
Rounders $5.99
Adverntureland $7.99
Winter's Bone $7.99
Old 02-13-12, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
In for adventureland.
Didn't notice that one, thanks! Strange that there are 3 listings for this, and one of them is $42.99!!! I knew there were 2 releases, but didn't know about 3...
Old 02-13-12, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was able to get a price adjustment on a BB.com order I placed 9 days ago for Red State. I called over the phone, and they credited me $4. I didn't need to return it and repurchase it. Granted, I didn't get the tax back for some reason, but I won't cry over 22 cents.

Then on lunch I got:
Shakespeare In Love $3.99 (with $2 coupon)
She's All That $3.99 (with $2 coupon)
Trainspotting $5.99
used a $10 RZ cert, and a GC, so paid nothing out of pocket.

They still had copies of everything left at the Men. Falls store.
Old 02-13-12, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I had to drive across town to get a copy of Serendipity, but for $3.99 (after coupon) I'm not complaining.

Still thinking about Red State, the reviews haven't won me over.
Old 02-13-12, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Edison
I didn't watch it yet, but Kevin Smith showed a long clip (8 minutes or so) at SDCC, and it looked AWESOME!!! I bought it at the $11.99 price (which I have now adjusted) so to me, $7.99 is a no brainer for a Kevin Smith fan (even though this is not a typical Kevin Smith movie, but his commentary track surely will be typical.) But I can't say for sure that the movie is any good. I should state that I really enjoyed Jersey Girl as well, which has lots of haters.
Old 02-13-12, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Got:
Chicago, Ultimate Avengers (last one!), the Conversation - 5.99

Went to Blockbuster and got Chicago BD used for a buck, so back it goes.
Old 02-13-12, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got a Chevy Chase combo with Funny Farm and Spies Like Us. It was in a $7.99 dump bin but rang up at $4.99. Not sure if that's been listed/mentioned anywhere. If you're a fan of stupid 80's comedies you could do a lot worse.
Old 02-13-12, 08:03 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Is that a price mistake on the Chevy Chase movies? They usually show up online if it was 4.99.
Old 02-14-12, 06:52 AM

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I was able to get a price adjustment on a BB.com order I placed 9 days ago for Red State. I called over the phone, and they credited me $4. I didn't need to return it and repurchase it. Granted, I didn't get the tax back for some reason, but I won't cry over 22 cents.

Then on lunch I got:
Trainspotting $5.99
used a $10 RZ cert, and a GC, so paid nothing out of pocket.

They still had copies of everything left at the Men. Falls store.
Any issue using manufacturer's coupons and RZ cert at the same time? Do you know if it matters what order they scan them in?
Old 02-14-12, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by joltman
Any issue using manufacturer's coupons and RZ cert at the same time? Do you know if it matters what order they scan them in?
I'd recommend giving the mfg. coupon first. Both are considered like cash. If your total is $10 and you give a $10 RZ cert first, then your balance would be $0 and I don't think the mfg. coupon would work. If it's $7 - $5 RZ cert - $2 mfg. coupon it should be fine in either order, but the mfg. coupon first is safest.
Old 02-14-12, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Trainspotting $5.99
Adventureland $7.99
Red State $7.99 x 2 (one for my brother)
Jackie Brown $7.99

Plus I get $4.00 plus tax back on my purchases from last week of The Conversation and Evil Dead 2 .
Old 02-14-12, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joltman
Originally Posted by Manzana
I'd recommend giving the mfg. coupon first. Both are considered like cash. If your total is $10 and you give a $10 RZ cert first, then your balance would be $0 and I don't think the mfg. coupon would work. If it's $7 - $5 RZ cert - $2 mfg. coupon it should be fine in either order, but the mfg. coupon first is safest.
From what I saw yesterday, you can't give the coupons first. I tried this yesterday, and the system would not accept the RZ cert. He was kinda pissed that he had to start the entire transaction over. RZ cert must be applied first, then the coupons. Granted, they do have multiple ways to apply coupons. The $2 ones did not scan, and would not be accepted when the coupon UPC was manually entered, so he manually added two coupons. But if they just change the item price, then I don't think the order will matter.

Another reason for RZ certs first is if the price will drop below zero. RZ certs cannot exceed the item price. So if you have a $6.99 title, $5 RZ cert, and $2 coupon, you cannot use a $5 RZ cert on $4.99. The system will not allow it (assuming they haven't changed that in the last 6 months, when I had an issue). So you'd want the RZ cert first anyway, making the item $1.99, then I believe the coupon will be accepted even though it exceeds the item price.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-14-12 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-14-12, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Edison
I know these things are subjective, but it's freaking gawdawful. If you thought Cop Out was a sign that Kevin Smith was losing his mind, Red State is definitive proof that he as crawled up his own fat arse and died. I guess when you have 2 million Twitter followers, you can sell out college auditoriums for your Q&As where your fawning fans bloke smoke up your bunghole, and you're constantly high you'll feel you can do whatever you want and enough people will like it that it doesn't matter how good it is.

I'm a fan of Smith's since Clerks and LOVED Chasing Amy and thought Jersey Girl was sweet, but after the tag team of Cop Out and Red State he could never make another movie and I'd be fine with it. Sad, when Harvey Weinstein would rather try and sell a movie directed by Madonna over one from his greatest discoveries, that's a sign you're not doing well.
Old 02-14-12, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
I know these things are subjective, but it's freaking gawdawful. If you thought Cop Out was a sign that Kevin Smith was losing his mind, Red State is definitive proof that he as crawled up his own fat arse and died. I guess when you have 2 million Twitter followers, you can sell out college auditoriums for your Q&As where your fawning fans bloke smoke up your bunghole, and you're constantly high you'll feel you can do whatever you want and enough people will like it that it doesn't matter how good it is.

I'm a fan of Smith's since Clerks and LOVED Chasing Amy and thought Jersey Girl was sweet, but after the tag team of Cop Out and Red State he could never make another movie and I'd be fine with it. Sad, when Harvey Weinstein would rather try and sell a movie directed by Madonna over one from his greatest discoveries, that's a sign you're not doing well.
I couldn't disagree more. I really enjoyed the movie and thought it was a good look at religious fanatic groups.

And you do realize that Kevin smith did not write cop out right? He just directed it, so he had no real control over the story and where it went. You can't really put that in the same class as all of the other movies that he both wrote and directed.
Old 02-14-12, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkBelig

i'll bet you're christian
Old 02-14-12, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
i'll bet you're christian
I'm Christian, and I liked a lot of Red State. Although, admittedly, the (excellent) actors had to make it work, since the writing was a confused jumble of interested, half-baked ideas. In addition to Parks, I thought that John Goodman and the lead girl (Parks' daughter) were very good.

ETA: I just read your review, Dirk - you get the name of the lead actor wrong (Michael Parks, not Michael Banks).
Old 02-14-12, 08:19 PM
g

I was just able to order gangs of new york for shipping. Glad its finally available.
Old 02-15-12, 01:18 AM
Cool New Member

Went to bestbuy today and picked up Cold Mountain,Gangs Of New York (remastered release),Stargate (15 Anniversary Edtition),The Conversation,Shakespear In Love with slipcover. Debating whether I should go back and pick up The Ultimate Avengers Collection and From Paris With Love. Someone gave me the dvd of From Paris With Love as a present and I still have it sealed. Im debating whether I should upgrade it since I still haven't watched the movie so im not sure if its any good or not. Is Chicago worth purchasing as a blind buy? This sale and the past trade & save sale bestbuy had are killing my wallet since most of my purchases are upgrades from previous dvd's. Seems like Im going on an upgrade frenzy since some of these prices are to good to pass up.
Old 02-15-12, 01:20 AM
g

Chicago is a favorite of mine. I think it has repeat watchability when some others don't have as much like Cold Mountain.
Old 02-15-12, 08:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Red State $7.99 x 2 (one for my brother)

Why do you hold hatred for your brother?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.