Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

StudioCanal Backs Plans To Bring Hammer Horror Back From The Dead

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-12, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LONDON – StudioCanal, Germany’s Anolis Entertainment, U.K. studio facility Pinewood and illuminate Hollywood fka HTV are among the partners coming together to breathe new life into the library of titles from legendary British horror production house and label Hammer.
our editor recommends

The project aims to bring over 30 movies into HD format for Blu-ray and new media exploitation.

The restoration reps substantial investment by Hammer and its key partner StudioCanal.

Hammer, now a part of Exclusive Media, said materials for the project will be provided by Hammer’s original U.S. studio partners including Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros. and Paramount Pictures.

Dracula Prince of Darkness will be the first title scheduled for release in the global restoration project and will rollout in the U.K. in conjunction with StudioCanal in March 2012.

The partnership continues throughout the spring for the releases of The Reptile and The Plague of The Zombies, and will also include The Devil Rides Out, Rasputin the Mad Monk and The Mummy’s Shroud during the course of the year.

Hammer will also release definitive versions of a trio of famous titles in the U.K.: The Curse of Frankenstein, Dracula and The Mummy.

As well as featuring a fully-restored HD picture and restored sound, the re-mastered films will include newly-filmed extras, including interviews with cast members, the partners said.

The documentary extras are being produced by Hammer expert and historian, Marcus Hearn – author of the recent “The Hammer Vault”.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-hammer-283296
Old 01-30-12, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: StudioCanal Backs Plans To Bring Hammer Horror Back From The Dead

That's great but why not in the US? But then again, maybe it's better that way, at least for now. Because I would have to changeover all of my Hammer titles to bluray. Which would cost a pretty penny. But WHY would the studios want me to do that? But i guess i can't anyway, having them only being available in the UK, and a different region. Oh well, I guess i'll just have to hang on to my money a bit longer. * Sigh*