Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

DVD Art Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-12, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Art Questions

Years ago, due to a lack of space, I wound up storing all of my DVDs in a cd book, but due to some recent developments (and the size of my collection doubling due to working at a movie store, I have decided to return my early collection to cases to add to the shelves. The CD jewel cases I decided to use aren't cutting it. The store I work at is now closing our location so we have a lot of empty DVD cases that we are selling for a quarter a pop (i'm guessing this is a good deal, feel free to chime in on that).

Anyway because of what I am doing I need to look in to being able to ID the dvd's that are in each case on the shelf so my question is this. What's the better option: hunting for all the DVD case art online, printing it out on the paper I have and slipping it in the cases, or should I just go the cheap route and just write the title on the front and spine and then fill in any necessesary info i need on the back? I'd love to get feedback on this as soon as possible as I will be picking up the cases to start this sometime between now and friday. Because all the cases are single disc, for my two disc ones I am just going to put disc two in a disc sleeve and slip it in the cases with it.

Also, will blu ray discs fit in a standard DVD case?
Old 01-19-12, 06:25 PM

Re: DVD Art Questions

If you don't care about looks and dont mind just having the title printed out, do that. Saves on printer ink and time searching for the cover art. I would be annoyed if i started finding cover art for dvds and half of them were unable to be found. Blu Ray discs are the same size as dvd discs.
Old 01-20-12, 07:57 PM

Re: DVD Art Questions

for the time being it looks like i am doing the printing from online method, at least with the bigger titles