Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Movie moments you just noticed

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-11, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts

I was watching The Dark Knight for the millionth time the other day and noticed something I hadn't seen before. When the bank robber who is cracking the safe at the beginning gets shocked, the next time you see him he has his shoes on his hands as he's finishing it up. It's a really quick moment but I thought it was a nice touch.

What are some other "movie moments" you've just noticed?
Old 12-24-11, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Re: Movie moments you just noticed

Platoon
Spoiler:
After killing Barnes, Taylor's about to commit suicide with a gernade right before he's discovered by the U.S. troops.
Old 12-24-11, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In Spider-Man, Peter is bringing his great photos of Spider-Man to Jameson for publishing. Later, the Green Goblin attacks Jameson to find out who is taking the pictures. Jameson, even while being strangled by Goblin, claims that the photos are coming in anonymously. Never noticed it before and thought it was pretty cool that the gruff and insulting Jameson would still protect his people, even at his own peril.
Old 12-24-11, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Another Spider-Man moment that was mentioned in the novelization (from Peter's perspective) and sort of shown in the movies but not explained, was when Peter was trying to negotiate a price for the photos, and Jameson kept trying to lo-ball him, Robertson would give Peter hand signals on how much to ask for.

Also during the dinner scene at Peter and Harry's apartments, Peter is wearing green, and Norman is wearing red and blue.
Old 12-24-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Inglorious Basterds, right before the big shootout in the German bar, Stiglitz and Hicox exchange a secret signal to each other.
Old 12-25-11, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Watched Christmas Vacation tonight and even though I've seen it numerous times, I just noticed that the gift Clark gives his boss is in the same shape as all the others.
Old 12-25-11, 08:10 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

The three hot American chicks the British guy hooks up with in Love Actually is Lake Bell, January Jones, and Elisha Cuthbert. Never paid any attention to that until we were watching this last night.
Old 12-25-11, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Watched Christmas Vacation tonight and even though I've seen it numerous times, I just noticed that the gift Clark gives his boss is in the same shape as all the others.

Funny! I said the same thing to my wife last night while watching it again for the 20th or so time!

It's the film that keeps on giving to me. Last year I just noticed it was "Big Bang Theory's: Leonard" Johnny Galecki who played Rusty in the film.
Old 12-25-11, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Wow, I'll third that. My wife pointed out the same thing last night while we were watching it.
Old 12-25-11, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
The three hot American chicks the British guy hooks up with in Love Actually is Lake Bell, January Jones, and Elisha Cuthbert. Never paid any attention to that until we were watching this last night.
Pay closer attention and you'd realize that is not Lake Bell, but Ivana Milicevic.

Fun fact about the otherwise dark drama Notes on a Scandal -- three actresses in that movie have all played Queen Elizabeth I. Cate Blanchett, Judi Dench, and Anne-Marie Duff (the woman on the park bench at the very end of the movie).
Old 12-25-11, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
Wow, I'll third that. My wife pointed out the same thing last night while we were watching it.
Surprised so many of you all just noticed that. Was always extremely obvious to me.
Old 12-26-11, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At the end of Gone with the Wind we find that out that Atticus Finch's sled was named Rosebud.
Old 12-26-11, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
At the end of Gone with the Wind we find that out that Atticus Finch's sled was named Rosebud.
Actually, pay close attention and you'll realize there really was NO sled. It was all in his head - a fleeting glimpse of an original thought placed there to help him cope with the death of his wife.
Old 12-26-11, 09:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

In Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man (1943) Maria Ouspenskeya's character of Maleva just completely disappears from the last ten minutes of the film without explanation.
Old 12-26-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

In A CHRISTMAS STORY, the "Chop Suey Palace" restaurant they go to has a sign for a bowling alley with the "w" burnt out making it ready "BO LING"

On the door to the restaurant, the name is "Bo Ling and Sons. Chop Suey Palace Co."
Old 12-28-11, 10:38 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,184 Likes on 836 Posts

In Sunshine...

Spoiler:
So, this isn't something I "just noticed" as much as I "finally understood" upon my most recent viewing.
Near the end, when Pinbacker is stalking around, killing everyone, I didn't get why Danny Boyle used such weird cuts/angles/distortions/etc.
I figured he was just getting overly stylistic as the film changed frim Sci-Fi Drama to full-on Survival Horror.

But I realized that it all goes back to a comment made by Capa (Cillian Murphy's character), that, as the ship gets closer to the sun, time becomes irrelevant/distorted/whatever (I'm paraphrasing here). So, Boyle's change of style for the third act actually makes sense. It may not be the best representation of what he was trying to accomplish, but with that mindset as a viewer, that's how I interpret those scenes. It's not flawless, but it works for me and has increased my enjoyment of the film (especially the final act, which a lot of people seem to hate).
Old 12-29-11, 05:50 PM

Back to the Future trilogy,
Spoiler:
When Doc and Marty go to the train station to look at the map, you can see teacher standing in the background waiting to be picked up and also at the beginning you can see the mall called Twin Pines Mall but when Marty returns (after destroying one of the two trees after going back in time) the mall is called Lone Pine Mall.
Old 12-29-11, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
In A CHRISTMAS STORY, the "Chop Suey Palace" restaurant they go to has a sign for a bowling alley with the "w" burnt out making it ready "BO LING"

On the door to the restaurant, the name is "Bo Ling and Sons. Chop Suey Palace Co."
For years I thought the cops and firemen simply yanked Flick and his stuck tongue from the pole, and always thought they should have poured water to get it loose. But this year I noticed the firemen actually did get a hose out and use water to get him free.
Old 12-29-11, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

In Gremlins, Mr. Futterman's standing outside the bank when Mrs. Deagle first gets there. This is just a little bit after his opening scene with Billy at home.
Old 12-30-11, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by rabbit77
For years I thought the cops and firemen simply yanked Flick and his stuck tongue from the pole, and always thought they should have poured water to get it loose. But this year I noticed the firemen actually did get a hose out and use water to get him free.
Yeah, they pressed his face closer to the pole so his breath can warm it up a bit as they put water all over it. It took me a while to notice the hose as well.
Old 01-08-12, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This might be kind of an obvious one but I never noticed it before. When Marty goes to George's house in the middle of the night and pretends to be Darth Vader he has a hair dryer stuck in his pants or attached to his belt, most likely to simulate some kind of ray gun. I believe there are 3 shots of him in that scene. In the first and third shots the hair dryer is visible but in the second shot, it disappeared.
Old 01-09-12, 10:04 AM

When I watched Blazing Saddles the other day, I noticed something I hadn't before: "Hitler" in the background during the big brawl scene.
Old 01-09-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

More BTTF.

When Marty gets back to 1955 originally it takes him from dawn to get from the pine farm till what looks to be mid morning to get to the center of town (including the car breaking down and walking a good distance). At the end he thinks it only takes 10 minutes to drive from the center of town out to Twin Pines mall but seeing as he ended up having the run the distance he still does that in LESS then 10minutes.

I'm not sure I just noticed it but while watching it Friday night it was very apperent to me.
Old 01-09-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boba Fett

Just caught that a month ago for the first time as well.
Old 01-10-12, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In Evil Dead II, when Possessed Ash picks up the necklace Linda gave him from the floor, the chain is formed in the shape of a skull.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.