Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

$10 Best Buy Reward Zone Cert for "Happy Holidays"

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 12-06-11, 09:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apparently some Best Buy reward member are receiving a $10 "Happy Holidays" certificate wile others are not. I just sent my e-mail complaining about this. They pulled this crap last year as well and many members who never received a certificate (including myself) called and complained and were given the points. I recommend if you are a member who did not receive this certificate to e-mail or call and voice your anger. If this issue is not resolved with the e-mail I sent I will be calling. Here is the thread over at Blu-ray.com http://forum.blu-ray.com/retail-shop...days-ymmv.html
Old 12-06-11, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: $10 Best Buy Reward Zone Cert for "Happy Holidays"

I remember this from last year. It's nice to get presents at Christmas but I'm not one to get mad about it if someone doesn't get me something. It's not like I'm owed it, or anything.
Old 12-06-11, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I remember this from last year. It's nice to get presents at Christmas but I'm not one to get mad about it if someone doesn't get me something. It's not like I'm owed it, or anything.
its the picking and choosing that gets most (including myself) upset.
Old 12-06-11, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I didn't know about this. I DID receive it in my account, but didn't get an email about it. NOTE: IT EXPIRES 12/31/11
Old 12-06-11, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MovieMassacre
Apparently some Best Buy reward member are receiving a $10 "Happy Holidays" certificate wile others are not. I just sent my e-mail complaining about this. They pulled this crap last year as well and many members who never received a certificate (including myself) called and complained and were given the points. I recommend if you are a member who did not receive this certificate to e-mail or call and voice your anger. If this issue is not resolved with the e-mail I sent I will be calling. Here is the thread over at Blu-ray.com http://forum.blu-ray.com/retail-shop...days-ymmv.html
Thanks--looks like I was put on the naughty list again this year--last year they didn't send me one either--and I buy a lot from them. Time to msg them.
Old 12-06-11, 11:39 AM

its the picking and choosing that gets most (including myself) upset.
I think I saw on another website that some people got two, one prior to Thanksgiving and another more recently. I know I don't shop at Best Buy as much as I once did, but if they gave me $10, I would be more inclined to make a purchase there.
Old 12-06-11, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think only the people who don't shop at Best Buy often, received one of these coupons. I received one last year but only found out about it right before it expired. They got a lot of my money this year which probably is why I didn't get one this year.

I found out I have a $10 rewards certificate that expires in March 2012 and only $7 away from a $5 certificate though. Why don't they send e-mail notifications? I receive all their other junk mail, but stuff I need to be notified of I don't get.
Old 12-06-11, 02:53 PM

Forget a $10 certificate, I would be happy if Best Buy would send me ANY of the items I ordered on Thanksgiving that were erroneously listed as in stock and are as of today still on backorder (although they certainly managed to remove the funds from my bank account).
Old 12-06-11, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts

I dropped $1400 on a MacBook Air a few months ago and I got bumpkis.
Old 12-06-11, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ain't mad about not getting one, but I shot off an email about it. If they say, "none for you," I'll be fine.
Old 12-06-11, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by supermike07

I found out I have a $10 rewards certificate that expires in March 2012 and only $7 away from a $5 certificate though. Why don't they send e-mail notifications? I receive all their other junk mail, but stuff I need to be notified of I don't get.
They do. Maybe you need to change your RZ preferences???
Old 12-06-11, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.. I just logged in and checked my Points and Purchases.. on 12/1... There was a line item "Reward Zone Credit Card Bonus Certificate"... which deducted 0 points.. Not quite sure why... I then checked My Certificates.. and yeppers.... I got a $5 certificate... that expires on 12/31.. Bizarro...

I never got an email either.. I usually get many from them... and I didn't find any prefererence settings that filters the amount or what to receive..

So again.. thanks for the heads up to check.. while I would have like $10.. $5 is still good..
Old 12-06-11, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

btw.. Thanks for having me review my Best Buy emails.. one of normal advertising ones had an obscure link at the top saying "Enjoy a Movie on Us".. I clicked it.. got a link to code to use on CinemaNow for a free movie rental Standard Def Purchase...

Not a bad list of titles
http://www.cinemanow.com/showcase.as...Us!&grpID=5375

It was at the top of the email for "$10 gift card with 3 Blu-rays"

Last edited by b2net; 12-06-11 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Updated information
Old 12-06-11, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 354 Likes on 227 Posts

I checked my account and don't see one. I did get one last year that was issued 12/15, so perhaps one might still appear.
Old 12-06-11, 07:02 PM

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

I didn't get one last year, I don't feel entitled to one, so I didn't get upset about it. I just didn't shop at Best Buy very much this year.
Old 12-06-11, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
btw.. Thanks for having me review my Best Buy emails.. one of normal advertising ones had an obscure link at the top saying "Enjoy a Movie on Us".. I clicked it.. got a link to code to use on CinemaNow for a free movie rental Standard Def Purchase...

Not a bad list of titles
http://www.cinemanow.com/showcase.as...Us!&grpID=5375

It was at the top of the email for "$10 gift card with 3 Blu-rays"
FYI,

I used the code, it processed perfectly, but when I tried to watch the movie, it said I had no credit card on file.
Old 12-06-11, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

They sent me $5 instead of $10
Old 12-06-11, 09:28 PM

I didn't receive one, at least so far. I don't remember receiving one last year either. Oh well, I have one reward certificate I earned that expires in February. Would have been nice to have a 2nd one, but...
Old 12-07-11, 08:19 AM

Well after being disconnected twice and transferred five times. ARGHHHHH! I finally got my $10! The last guy I talked to told me it was the same B.S. as last year. They were sending them out to members who had not been in the store in a long time. LAME! Looks calling and complaining is going to be a new yearly tradition for a lot of us.
Old 12-07-11, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well after being disconnected twice and transferred five times. ARGHHHHH! I finally got my $10! The last guy I talked to told me it was the same B.S. as last year. They were sending them out to members who had not been in the store in a long time. LAME! Looks calling and complaining is going to be a new yearly tradition for a lot of us.
The same thing happens every year. Lots of people don't get the freebie RZ certificate, some people call in and have success and post about it, and then a bunch of other people call in. I think I called the previous year and got $5 or $10 after 2 or 3 tries. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle or wait on the phone for just $5 or $10 since I have no grounds for calling other than "other people are getting this freebie, so why not me too".

We now know this is not an error but an intentional practice of BB to reward customers who do not buy a lot. They gave me Premier Silver for free when I hadn't spent much, and though I've spent a lot this BF (because BB actually had some decent deals and free shipping) I'm still nowhere near Silver level. So, since I've bought more from them this year and they only reward people who don't buy much from them, I'm positive they will not offer me free Silver next year. All Silver is good for (for me) is free shipping. So without free shipping at BB then I buy a lot less.
Old 12-07-11, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I bought a lot with them and still got the $5 certificate so I am not so sure what the criteria is for the bonus or why some get $5 and others get $10.
Old 12-07-11, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
I bought a lot with them and still got the $5 certificate so I am not so sure what the criteria is for the bonus or why some get $5 and others get $10.
\The last guy I talked to told me it was the same B.S. as last year. They were sending them out to members who had not been in the store in a long time.
Old 12-07-11, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
FYI,

I used the code, it processed perfectly, but when I tried to watch the movie, it said I had no credit card on file.
You can just mash the keys for the card. Worst case is they may check if it's valid when you first enter it but after that you can just edit it with mashed keystrokes.
Old 12-07-11, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
The same thing happens every year. Lots of people don't get the freebie RZ certificate, some people call in and have success and post about it, and then a bunch of other people call in. I think I called the previous year and got $5 or $10 after 2 or 3 tries. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle or wait on the phone for just $5 or $10 since I have no grounds for calling other than "other people are getting this freebie, so why not me too".

We now know this is not an error but an intentional practice of BB to reward customers who do not buy a lot. They gave me Premier Silver for free when I hadn't spent much, and though I've spent a lot this BF (because BB actually had some decent deals and free shipping) I'm still nowhere near Silver level. So, since I've bought more from them this year and they only reward people who don't buy much from them, I'm positive they will not offer me free Silver next year. All Silver is good for (for me) is free shipping. So without free shipping at BB then I buy a lot less.
^^ I feel the same way. They upgraded me to Silver, but I don't spend $2500 a year there to keep it. So they'll bump me back down to the standard Rewards Member, where they take away my points at the end of the year if I don't spend the $250 for the certificate! That's a lose-lose for me. Absolutely no incentive to keep the Rewards card at all!
Old 12-08-11, 09:44 AM

I am a Silver Member. Called today - a very nice southern belle (not southern india, thankfully) spoke to me and apologized profusely that I hadn't received one - she applied one immediately for me. Yes!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.