Search this Thread

Old 11-29-11, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Scott Turow's Innocent -- 2 Hour TNT movie -- Sequel to Presumed Innocent

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-11-29

Synopsis:

Bill Pullman (Independence Day, Torchwood) stars as Rusty Sabich, a judge charged with the murder of his wife, a situation that comes 20 years after he was cleared in the death of his mistress. During this latest trial, a secret affair from Rusty's recent past threatens to hamper his defense and fracture his relationship with his son. Oscar® winner Marcia Gay Harden (Pollack, Damages) plays Rusty's wife, while Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2, Law & Order: LA) is his friend and defense attorney. Tahmoh Penikett (Battlestar Galactica, Dollhouse) is hot-headed prosecutor Jim Brand. Emmy® winner Richard Schiff (The West Wing, The Lost World: Jurassic Park), Callard Harris (Glory Daze, Intermedio) and Mariana Klaveno (True Blood, While the Children Sleep) also star. Scott Turow's Innocent is a sequel to Turow's bestseller Presumed Innocent. The movie is written and directed by Mike Robe (TNT's HawthoRNe, Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King), with Robe and Frank von Zerneck (We Were the Mulvaneys, Miracle on Ice) serving as executive producers.

Yes, this is the sequel to Presumed Innocent. Pullman is playing Harrison Ford's character.

Anyone going to watch this tonight? I'm guessing most of you probably didn't even know about this. This is the 1st of 6 TNT mystery movies of the week.

In case you can't watch tonight, here's the future airings:

11/29 12am
12/2 1a
12/3 12pm
Old 11-29-11, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Scott Turow's Innocent -- 2 Hour TNT movie -- Sequel to Presumed Innocent

Preview with Scott Turow:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8gI_orfB80k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-30-11, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Missed it the first go around, but I'll try to remember to record one of the repeat showings.
Old 11-30-11, 09:19 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

^ Same here. I still need to read the book (which has been collecting dust on my bookshelf).
Old 11-30-11, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it on DVR, will catch later on, I read the book it was ok.
Old 11-30-11, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
In case you can't watch tonight, here's the future airings:

11/29 12am
12/2 1a
12/3 12pm
Went to set the DVR and it shows this will be on 12/3 at 1 am and 1 pm.
Old 11-30-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was just thinking about this book again for some reason today and had no idea there was a movie of it. Will definitely try to record it if it airs here in Canada. Curious to see how they portray it.
Old 12-01-11, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Alright I did watch this last night along with Ricochet, the 2nd TNT mystery movie.

I would say the movie was just okay. This felt like a TV movie, but I have to admit the ending wasn't as predictable as I was expecting it to be. I don't really remember Presumed Innocent all that way, but Rusty Sabich was a pretty smug asshole in this one and he was very unsympathetic.

Sabich was up to his old dirty tricks in this one with yet another affair. Honestly, I didn't think Pullman and Mariana Klaveno had chemistry as lovers. It just seemed forced.

Some of the performances were a little over the top. Marcia Gay Harden was way over the top as Sabich's wife.

I liked Richard Schiff as the opposing lawyer out to get Sabich, but Tahmoh Penikett from Battlestar Galatica IMO was miscast as his associate.

To me this was watchable, but not a mandatory sequel to Presumed Innocent. I would give it a C+

Last edited by DJariya; 12-01-11 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-01-11, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

It was interesting just because I am so familiar with the original, so it wasn't tough to get into. It definitely had that 'made for TV' feel as it the movie was on steroids advancing the plot compared to the original.

What made the original great is that the movie moves at a snails pace (probably young kids today won't like it for that same reason.) The movie slowly unravels with the present day story, flashbacks, the trial, and then the ending punches you right in the gut. Presummed Innocent is probably one of top 10 movies of all time.