Old 11-29-11, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- Season Finale Pt. 1 -- "To Be Act 1" -- 11/29/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-24

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
In Part 1 of the two-part Season 4 finale, Jax faces a new challenge that threatens his family and SAMCRO.

Episode 13 of 14

Preview:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/neACvYlXVrw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-29-11, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- Season Finale Pt. 1 -- "To Be Act 1" -- 11/29/11

One question: what the hell was Romeo talking about that Otto did not rat on the club? I'm I missing something or is Romeo setting up SAMCRO?
Old 11-29-11, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Crimson and Clover? Hell yes.
Old 11-30-11, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
One question: what the hell was Romeo talking about that Otto did not rat on the club? I'm I missing something or is Romeo setting up SAMCRO?
That can go any number of ways. It could be like you said, where Romeo is doing something to set up SAMCRO, or it could be that Romeo has a mole of his own in the Cartel, like the guy that's always with him. OR, it could be that Potter really does fly that much under the radar and nobody outside his inner circle knows about Otto.

I just hope they do give us some payoff to how weird Romeo is acting in regards to the club. Between this and his shiftiness about the hit on Tara (not to mention that still-unexplained shot where they made a very explicit point of showing that Tara's would-be assassins weren't Mexican), there needs to be some payoff.
Old 11-30-11, 06:53 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Good episode. The longer Clay stays alive though the more annoyed I get. I'll forgive it though as these 2 episodes were supposed to be 1.

Also...has anyone heard this crazy stupid rumor that Potter is actually John Teller? One of the dumbest things I've heard in a while lol.
Old 11-30-11, 09:05 AM
Banned

Great episode. Basically what the entire series has been building up to, though...I wonder where it goes from here?

Also, I'm wondering how they're going to possibly justify keeping their biggest star alive.
Old 11-30-11, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Good episode. The longer Clay stays alive though the more annoyed I get. I'll forgive it though as these 2 episodes were supposed to be 1.

Also...has anyone heard this crazy stupid rumor that Potter is actually John Teller? One of the dumbest things I've heard in a while lol.
I think someone posed that in an past thread because Potter and old photos of Teller look the slightest bit similar.. Of course, Teller would be the same age as Piney, so that seems pretty unlikely.

But maybe he was frozen like Captain America, or time traveled to the future instead of dying in the wreck. And then his wife wouldn't recognize him when seeing him, for some reason.
Old 11-30-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14

I floated that one a while back but it was mostly a wild guess based on a picture of John Teller looking similar to Potter and a comment from Potter saying the IRA were a source of pain for him or something like that.

But someone here pointed out Potter and Gemma did cross paths this season so I would think that would rule it out unless she couldn't recognize her own dead husband. I could definitely see Potter being tied to the something in SAMCRO's past though.
Old 11-30-11, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Loved it.

So great when Gemma was telling Jax "the truth" at last that I actually forgot she was only telling him the part she wanted him to hear and was leaving out the parts that hurt her. If ONLY Jax had let Oppie finish off Clay...

At first Tara was getting on my nerves with her whole weird zombie-like thing, but I think we're just seeing the complete transformation of her character. She not only was willing to accept that Jax has to kill Clay, but she was already prepared with (and provided) the way to do it.
Old 11-30-11, 10:04 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

I'm interested in what Romeo is doing. Potter is secretive, but I can't imagine that he would be able to meet multiple times with Otto, work out a deal with him, and have no one know about it.
Old 11-30-11, 10:30 AM

So let me see if I understand what has happened in the last 2 episodes. Opie shoots Clay at point blank range with what looked to be a 45 caliber, twice, and Clay, the tough old bird he is, lived even tho one of the rounds hit a major organ.

I seem to remember that while the entrance wound of a 45 is roughly the size of a quarter, as shown on Clay's torso, the exit wound is anywhere from the size of a softball up. With where he was shot I don't know that he wouldn't have bled out before EMS arrived, assuming he would have survived being shot in the first place.

Gemma makes a play to have Jax, and discourages Opie who has a better and more salient reason, to kill Clay to keep him in Charming. But, Tara 1 ups her by blackmailing her with the letters Gemma didn't show Jax. Smart move lady. She's right, she's learning.

Bobby's locked up but he can't be convicted as they have violated his civil rights. They haven't allowed him his phone call. Otherwise he would have reached out to the club or the club's lawyer. Also, since he wasn't convicted how would they hold him in a prison and not a jail awaiting trial. Where is the court order moving him from jail to prison while awaiting trial. They still do have to try him, right? Potter can't just lock him up as an Al Queda terrorist and send him to Gitmo. Yet kind of how this is being played out.

I'm assuming Juice is locked up at the ATF facility, really the ATF has their own lockup - I didn't know that, for protection. Yet, his absence is more of a death sentence than being outside with the club. This part hasn't been very well thought out.

If the meeting is on Indian lands, Potter surely can't go and make any arrests. That is sovereign territory. He would have to wait for them to exit. Go back to Opie's wedding and Roosevelt sitting outside the lands. Thus Potter has no idea what is taking place. No, this is ill conceived as well.
Old 11-30-11, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm with you, barelypure. alot of questions but I had alot leading up to last years finale and most of those were answered. Potter earlier in the season alluded to having someone on the inside of the Cartels. If that person is there during the meeting on reservation land they can arrest them once they leave, correct?

Bobby and Juice, I assume, are being held there until after the meet and I'm assuming Potter has the juice to do this?

Potter's gotta have some history with SAMCRO or bikers in general. He rides, his manner of dress, plus we never see him with his jacket off. I'm guessing he has tats of some kind.
Old 11-30-11, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
I'm with you, barelypure. alot of questions but I had alot leading up to last years finale and most of those were answered. Potter earlier in the season alluded to having someone on the inside of the Cartels. If that person is there during the meeting on reservation land they can arrest them once they leave, correct?

Bobby and Juice, I assume, are being held there until after the meet and I'm assuming Potter has the juice to do this?

Potter's gotta have some history with SAMCRO or bikers in general. He rides, his manner of dress, plus we never see him with his jacket off. I'm guessing he has tats of some kind.
So you think Ass-a-veda is a snitch? Makes sense as that's who Romeo turned to about Otto. Unless it's someone in prison. And, if it's Ass-a-veda they wouldn't need Juice since he would know everything Romeo knows?

You can only hold someone for 48 hours then you either have to charge them or let them go and that's assuming you have their permission. Once they ask for a lawyer they have to get them a lawyer. That's why I'm saying Bobby would know the law as good as any $80 lawyer and would be screaming for an attorney. Juice may know they arrested him for his own protection and is content to stay put.

As to Potter, either that or he has a man crush on bikers. I'm guessing somewhere in his past a biker ran over his cat and he swore revenge.
Old 11-30-11, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ass-a-veda. lol We love our Shield, don't we? The only thing with him being an informant is that we've seen him and Romeo kill.

Of course either one could be like Nicholson in The Departed.
Old 11-30-11, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My major problem is with the shitstorm going on why is noone asking:

"Hey where is Opie, Juice, Bobby and Piney?"

I get Jax not caring about a couple of those folks as he knows what happened (and probably has suspicions about Bobby and Juice) but other than asking someone (Chibs?) to reach out to their lawyer about Juice and Bobby... why is noone else wondering why the hell the club isn't together during a crisis?

They have their president shot, a major meet with the Irish/Cartel, and are possibly at war with the Niners.... and most of the club is OK with "oh I'm sure they'll turn up soon" mode and at a minimum don't feel the need to reach out and say watch your back the Niners might be looking for some payback.

The other thing which I found odd was after Jax was talking to I think Tig and Chibs, he walked away and was apparently talking to himself (saying something like I have to get up to speed on the Irish stuff). I almost got the feeling he was wired or maybe had an open phoneline (maybe to the cartel?), just seemed odd that he would be talking to himself (unless it was the writers feeling the need to be lazy again)
Old 11-30-11, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah that was weird. WHo the hell was he talking to? lol
Old 11-30-11, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, I had to rewind that part. That was some weird shit. Any chance Jax will get killed off next week? I know the answer, but I just don't think I can take another season of his pouty looks and that crazy arm swinging strut. The guy is a bad actor.
Old 11-30-11, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by dino88
Yeah, I had to rewind that part. That was some weird shit. Any chance Jax will get killed off next week? I know the answer, but I just don't think I can take another season of his pouty looks and that crazy arm swinging strut. The guy is a bad actor.
I was also rewinding it... (not for the strut, but to see if he really was talking to himself)

Speculation on Jax (I have no inside info)
Spoiler:
I think Jax might be working with the Cartel to set the Irish up and get the club out of the gun running business. The Cartel gets that one delivery of weapons, the club gets needed cash to tide them over until they figure out how to make money (maybe they end up involved in the Charming development.... that storyline has been left lingering). And by doing this last deal the Cartel/SAMCRO agree to part ways and drop the drug muling.

Oh and in a shocking development something happens that means Jax will not really leave the club (or maybe he leaves as a "cliffhanger" and then next season comes back).
Old 11-30-11, 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wirefan
The other thing which I found odd was after Jax was talking to I think Tig and Chibs, he walked away and was apparently talking to himself (saying something like I have to get up to speed on the Irish stuff). I almost got the feeling he was wired or maybe had an open phoneline (maybe to the cartel?), just seemed odd that he would be talking to himself (unless it was the writers feeling the need to be lazy again)
Yeah, I wasn't sure whether that was just amateur exposition or what. The writers for this show never seemed to be that lazy before, though.
Old 12-01-11, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What the hell is up with the constant plot device of someone just missing someone else or not getting all of the info before acting on an issue? So many of the storylines in this show could be resolved if someone asked a question or someone got told the truth.

This show has great characters but sub-par storytelling.
Old 12-01-11, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
Yeah, I wasn't sure whether that was just amateur exposition or what. The writers for this show never seemed to be that lazy before, though.
Yeah, that really threw me off, had to rewind it also. There has to be something more about it other than bad exposition.
Old 12-01-11, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by wirefan
I was also rewinding it... (not for the strut, but to see if he really was talking to himself)

Speculation on Jax (I have no inside info)
Spoiler:
I think Jax might be working with the Cartel to set the Irish up and get the club out of the gun running business. The Cartel gets that one delivery of weapons, the club gets needed cash to tide them over until they figure out how to make money (maybe they end up involved in the Charming development.... that storyline has been left lingering). And by doing this last deal the Cartel/SAMCRO agree to part ways and drop the drug muling.

Oh and in a shocking development something happens that means Jax will not really leave the club (or maybe he leaves as a "cliffhanger" and then next season comes back).
As to your last speculation, and I'm just guessing off of what you posted
Spoiler:
the Cartel comes through and kills Tara thus removing any reason Jax had for leaving Charming.
Old 12-01-11, 10:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
Someone should make a compilation of him saying "jesus christ". it is every other scene.

Jax, Clay shot Piney
"jesus christ"

Jax, the cartel tried to kill tara
"jesus christ"

Jax, we ran out of toilet paper
"jesus christ"

This was also the most preposterous episode i have seen.

Tig drives that ford taurus like an old woman straight to his bike, and makes no attempt to lose the niners chasing him.

Jax opens fire on the niners, in broad daylight, surrounded by civilians, and wearing his cut, while the rest of the gang rides by also fully identifiable. Even if people were scared shitless, they could say they saw some bikers with some kind of "reaper thing" on their backs. Probable cause to raid the clubhouse at the least by the sheriff.

the whole gang put together, could not literally hit the broad side of a barn in "patch over", now jax is shooting guns out of Opie's hand like he is annie oakley.

they have reasonable suspicion that bobby is being held. no attempt to get their lawyer to look into this, and hold off on any deals in case he was compromised.

i am starting to think jax pulled a vic mackey and will admit to everything in exchange for immunity. maybe he will even get a job with ATF out of the deal. Either that or he is talking to his dead father ala Hamlet.