DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends: The Complete Series - $19.99 @ JR.com

Old 11-26-11, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends: The Complete Series - $19.99 @ JR.com

By the way, this is a Sunday lightning deal @ Amazon for $34.99:

http://www.jr.com/product/movie/pv/_1235310V/

Be sure to join their Friends With Benefits loyalty program for free shipping when signing into JR.com/friends.
Old 11-26-11, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends: The Complete Series - $19.99 @ JR.com

Great deal! Thanks for posting.
Old 11-26-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 611 Likes on 451 Posts

Wow! Now to decide if I want to double-dip the first 4 seasons for the package...
Old 11-26-11, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Wow! Now to decide if I want to double-dip the first 4 seasons for the package...
Same predicament as me. I had the first 4 seasons but went ahead since season 5 is still over $20
Old 11-26-11, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How is the item packaged? Discs stacked? or the season sets within the box?
Old 11-26-11, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks OP - been wanting the 5th season for ages - this is still cheaper than buying the last one alone.
Old 11-26-11, 12:51 PM

Thanks op for the heads up! Order put in, and will arrive via priority mail. This is a great deal considering,
this set is presently $50 at Amazon. It's still $15 cheaper than the upcoming lightning deal.
Old 11-26-11, 12:57 PM

Damn you, OP! I wasn't supposed to be spending any money! In for one. Thanks.
Old 11-26-11, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
How is the item packaged? Discs stacked? or the season sets within the box?
From one of the Amazon reviews:

I received this set yesterday and,I hate the way they have placed the DVDs!

This is the kind of way none of us like, where the discs just slip into a cardboard pocket. Its tough to try and grab the disc out and also, as is always the case when DVDs are placed this way, there is a lot of scuffs and scratches on the DVDs. And then there is the problem of trying to put the DVD back into the pocket. At the price they are charging for this, you would think they would have perhaps put the single season sets into this box or, used hubs to hold the discs so they would not get scratched and scuffed.
Old 11-26-11, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. Speed Racer - Gift Set (2008) is also on sale for $14.99.
Old 11-26-11, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks OP! For all the stated imperfections/nitpicks with the way these cartoons have been handled on DVD, $20 for the whole thing is still way too good to turn down.

Between the Laurel & Hardy Essential box deal and this, J&R has gotten the bulk of my BF week shopping! Who knew?
Old 11-26-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another thanks to the OP...not only for the bargain, but for the free shipping tip.
Old 11-26-11, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Now for some seriously dumb questions...

I haven't watched Rocky & Bullwinkle since I was young. I don't even remember what it was called but I don't remember "Friends" as being part of the title. So, is this "Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends" set the complete series that I saw when I was young (i.e. in the 70's) or is this some newer series?

People are sure the Amazon lightning deal is going to be $35 on Sunday rather than less than $20? Normally one doesn't know the price unless it's listed in the BF lightning deals calendar which this set isn't for tomorrow. I don't want to buy from J&R unless we're sure the Amazon deal is $35 and these are shows I watched when I was young.

Is this Speed Racer gift set in the car packaging (with no details on J&R's site) the same 6 DVD one that Amazon sells for $19.99 without the car packaging?

Where do I find the Laurel & Hardy Essential box deal and for how much? I searched on Laurel & Hardy and none of the items had "Essential" in the title. I would like to get a cheap but decent set of some of their non-silent works someday.
Old 11-26-11, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana

I haven't watched Rocky & Bullwinkle since I was young. I don't even remember what it was called but I don't remember "Friends" as being part of the title. So, is this "Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends" set the complete series that I saw when I was young (i.e. in the 70's) or is this some newer series?

People are sure the Amazon lightning deal is going to be $35 on Sunday rather than less than $20? Normally one doesn't know the price unless it's listed in the BF lightning deals calendar which this set isn't for tomorrow. I don't want to buy from J&R unless we're sure the Amazon deal is $35 and these are shows I watched when I was young.

Is this Speed Racer gift set in the car packaging (with no details on J&R's site) the same 6 DVD one that Amazon sells for $19.99 without the car packaging?

Where do I find the Laurel & Hardy Essential box deal and for how much? I searched on Laurel & Hardy and none of the items had "Essential" in the title. I would like to get a cheap but decent set of some of their non-silent works someday.
Yes it's the same series you watched as a kid and the deals calendar shows $34.99 for me.
Old 11-26-11, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana

Is this Speed Racer gift set in the car packaging (with no details on J&R's site) the same 6 DVD one that Amazon sells for $19.99 without the car packaging? (There's a limit of 2 per customer)

The Speed Racer gift set is the one with the tin Mach 5. It's different from the one at Amazon. The Mach 5 edition is available from sellers at Amazon starting at $40.

Last edited by Ceege; 11-26-11 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added info
Old 11-26-11, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by marald
Yes it's the same series you watched as a kid and the deals calendar shows $34.99 for me.
Thanks. I just ordered it from J&R. I'm surprised it isn't OOS already. I also refreshed the Amazon calendar and now I see the Rocky & Bullwinkle set. It wasn't there when I checked earlier, so I guess it's a late addition.
Originally Posted by Ceege
The Speed Racer gift set is the one with the tin Mach 5. It's different from the one at Amazon. The Mach 5 edition is available from sellers at Amazon starting at $40.
Thanks. I'm not into odd packaging even if it looks cool because it doesn't fit nicely on my shelves. Does it come with a normal package (like shown on Amazon) inside the car or is the car the packaging for the discs? Also, other than the packaging are the 6 DVDs inside either set the same?
Old 11-26-11, 03:59 PM

Manzana, the Mach 5 holds the dvds inside. You get all 52 episodes on 5 discs as well as a disc of bonus features.
Old 11-26-11, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"NOW HERE'S SOMETHING WE HOPE YOU'LL REALLY LIKE!"

WOW! This is what I'm talkin' about when it comes to Black Friday! What a deal! Thank you and a hearty hand clasp to BACIGALUP for the alert on this. Probably the best bargain I've gotten so far along with BEN HUR (if that one comes through).
Old 11-26-11, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

WOW, just WOW.

I was actually thinking about going for the LD if the price was 25-30. A real no brainer for me. Picked up the Speed Racer set as well (even though I have it already --- I really wanted that packaging!).

Thanks OP!

(Though I really need to be more careful. I didn't read the post thoroughly and almost checked out WITH postage. I actually found the "friends" thing on my own. I think being at the computer for the last week is taking its toll!)

EDIT: I hope that Speed Racer is really the one with the Car. That may just be a stock picture that everyone had at one time and J&R just didn't change it. I guess I'll keep my order for now, but I won't be too happy if it's the reg. packaging.

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 11-26-11 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-26-11, 06:30 PM
Cool New Member

Quick! Can someone tell me how long this deal will last?

It says it can ship to Canada for only $5.95, with "Mail Innovations Super Saver Shipping $5.95". What is that? Thanks, if anyone can tell me.

EDIT: Balls. It says in their help section "Canadian Shipping is via UPS Worldwide". IE, it will be $53 to ship to Canada. Fabulous.
Old 11-26-11, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Thanks for the heads up. Speed Racer - Gift Set (2008) is also on sale for $14.99.
Thanks OP and Jacob

does anyone know if The dirty E word work with their
"Friends With Benefits loyalty program"?
I'm really so tired,I need to read the fine print some other time.
cheers
Old 11-26-11, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marald
Great deal! Thanks for posting.
Thank you for the heads-up on this wonderful deal...got one just now.
Old 11-26-11, 08:30 PM

Can anyone else view their 3.99+4.99 dvd Black friday deals. I have only gotten an error message all afternoon.
Old 11-26-11, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Guess I'll double dip on 1-3 also, for this price.
Old 11-26-11, 10:54 PM

Wow, I thought I had a good deal months ago when I bought the Rocky & Bullwinkle set from Amazon for ~$47. But I did pick up Speed Racer just now, and with free shipping. Kudos all around! I know the SR set is far from perfect, but had been kicking myself for not buying the keepcase version for the same price at Wal Mart, back in the spring.

@JoeySeven:

"Dirty E word"? Sorry, guess I'm not thinking clearly either. The only "catches" in the Friends With Benefits program are that they reserve the right to send email marketing (but opt-out is easy), and also charge for the program upon renewal (after 12 months). But you could cancel membership through their web site once your merchandise arrives. It saved me a $4.95 shipping charge, so I can tolerate a little inconvenience.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.