DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

VCI's Holiday Online Sale

Old 11-23-11, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

50% off everything.
Just got the email.
Says sale doesn't start until Friday.Bought from them about A year ago when they also had A sale.
Got everything in great shape.

http://www.vcientertainment.com/

VCI is proud to announce our annual "Holiday Online Sale!" During this sale, you can visit our website at vcientertainment.com and use the coupon code BFCM2011 to take 50% off your order!

This is the perfect time to find those stocking stuffers and gifts for the "hard to buy" or the one's in your family who have an itch for the classics.

This offer begins on Friday, November 25th at 12:01 am and ends Monday, November 28th at 11:59 pm (central time). So make sure you visit early - while supplies last. In order to receive the 50% discount you must enter the coupon code BFCM2011 on the "Checkout" page.

All sales over $50.00 also qualify for free ground shipping for any U.S. address. This is a website only special only available at vcientertainment.com.

Offer valid once per customer and may not be combined or used with any other offer.

VCI Entertainment is one of the nation's oldest independent home video companies and has a library of over 4000 titles. Since VCI's first DVD release in 1999, its DVD library has grown to over 500 titles strong. The VCI library includes feature films, documentaries, short subjects, special interest and TV series. VCI's goal is to become a leading supplier of archival quality Hollywood Classics, as well as 'bleeding' edge independent feature films and other eclectic entertainment from around the world.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 11-24-11 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-23-11, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: VCI's Holiday Online Sale

Ah cool, thanks for the tip!
Old 11-23-11, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None of the $4.99 specials they had last year. Just 10% off more than their customary e mail sign up deal. Add shipping into the mix and you can probably find some of these titles cheaper at Amazon.

Disappointing as have all the BF sales been this year for any titles released before the last 20 years.
Old 11-24-11, 08:22 AM

It's still the best sale for picking up the VCI DVD-r titles, not available anywhere else AFAIK. I may bite on some B westerns, still waiting to see what other weekend sales will be announced. I'm hoping somebody will put MGM MOD's on sale.
Old 11-24-11, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Before buying something, check someplace like Amazon, to see if what you want is part of a set. I found a few movies that cost about as much each as a box set with the item.
Old 11-24-11, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

PSYCHOTRONICA Collection comes out to be around $18 for three discs, six movies. But the reviews for these films have been pretty bad and I'm just not so sure I need to own it. I would love to just watch this stuff, don't need to keep it, but I can't find it anywhere. No library has it and neither Netflix nor Blockbuster by mail rent it. I'm tempted to buy, but really? I mean, REALLY?
Old 11-24-11, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
PSYCHOTRONICA Collection comes out to be around $18 for three discs, six movies. But the reviews for these films have been pretty bad and I'm just not so sure I need to own it. I would love to just watch this stuff, don't need to keep it, but I can't find it anywhere. No library has it and neither Netflix nor Blockbuster by mail rent it. I'm tempted to buy, but really? I mean, REALLY?
Just consider the $3 a movie to be a local rental price, only now you get to keep the discs.

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 11-25-11 at 02:33 AM.
Old 11-25-11, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts

Went ahead and bit for:

70's DRIVE-IN HORROR Double Feature (Ruby/Kiss of the Tarantula)
CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS - 35th Anniversary
DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW
GLEN AND RANDA
GORGO
HERMAN COHEN CLASSIC HORROR Double Feature (Horrors of the Black Museum/The Headless Ghost)
ITALIAN GIALLO COLLECTION (BLOOD AND BLACK LACE, BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE and WATCH ME WHEN I KILL) (Plumage is a double dip)
SPAGHETTI Western Collection VOL 1 (A BULLET FOR SANDOVAL, THE STRANGER’S GUNDOWN, ANY GUN CAN PLAY, TODAY WE KILL…TOMORROW WE DIE!)

Worked out to about $3 a movie.
Old 11-25-11, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Placed a modest little order.

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x SURVIVE! (8658) = $14.99
1 x GORGO (8364) = $9.99
Sub-Total: $12.49
United States Postal Service;0 lbs, 8.8 oz (Media Mail): $3.91
Discount Coupon BFCM2011 applied: -$12.49
Total: $16.40
Old 11-25-11, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by coyoteblue
HERMAN COHEN CLASSIC HORROR Double Feature (Horrors of the Black Museum/The Headless Ghost)
Just FYI, the bonus features on the Black Museum solo DVD aren't included on this double feature.
Old 11-25-11, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
Just FYI, the bonus features on the Black Museum solo DVD aren't included on this double feature.
I don't dote on special features.
Old 11-25-11, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Just consider the $3 a movie to be a local rental price, only now you get to keep the discs.
You're right, Peeps, and I will probably go for it. Can't really see any other decent bargains for this VCI sale as their list prices are ridiculous so even at 50% and shipping it's not such a great deal. But PSYCHOTRONICA comes out to be slightly cheaper than Amazon third party.

I also second my friend Deadpan's recommendation of the HORRORS OF THE BLACK MUSEUM Extras on the single release. They are fantastic and far outshine the lackluster second movie on the double feature disc.

I love VCI and have supported them a lot over the years, especially a year ago in these very forums during Black Friday. So I am a bit out of it this year with this sale. Oh well. I hope people will post their deals as maybe it will inspire me to pick up some more stuff.
Old 11-25-11, 05:01 PM

shoot, was hoping classicFlix might have them, but unless they are doing them by title, they don't...but you can rent a fair number of VCI, FWIW

http://www.classicflix.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=&rent=1&x=86&y=18&categories_id=&inc_subcat=1&actor[]=&director=&studio[]=24&pfrom=&pto=&dfrom=mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy&dto=mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy&dvdfrom=mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy&dvdto=mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy
Old 11-25-11, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You're right, Peeps, and I will probably go for it. Can't really see any other decent bargains for this VCI sale as their list prices are ridiculous so even at 50% and shipping it's not such a great deal. But PSYCHOTRONICA comes out to be slightly cheaper than Amazon third party.

I also second my friend Deadpan's recommendation of the HORRORS OF THE BLACK MUSEUM Extras on the single release. They are fantastic and far outshine the lackluster second movie on the double feature disc.

I love VCI and have supported them a lot over the years, especially a year ago in these very forums during Black Friday. So I am a bit out of it this year with this sale. Oh well. I hope people will post their deals as maybe it will inspire me to pick up some more stuff.
I had 0 plans on getting it but I ended up getting Psychotronica too. I have an old Diamond(?) version of Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, so I figured I'd upgrade it. Then I was looking at Alien Outlaw which was $10 but if I bought the double feature, I get that and Dark Power for only $5 more.

Shipping sucked but I didn't want to spend $20 more to save $4.

1 x PSYCHOTRONICA COLLECTION 1 "Collector's Set" (KPF577) = $29.99
1 x ALIEN OUTLAW Double Feature (8676) = $14.99
1 x CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS - 35th Anniversary Exhu (8583) = $14.99
Sub-Total: $29.99
United States Postal Service 1 lbs, 6 oz (Media Mail&reg: $4.32
Discount Coupon BFCM2011 applied: -$29.99
Total: $34.31
Old 11-26-11, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by coyoteblue
I don't dote on special features.
He doesn't dote on special features, he dotes on lackluster second features.
Old 11-26-11, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I loaded up a cart with 8 titles, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I bought a bunch of stuff from them last year I still haven't watched, plus I think they charge sales tax in OK, which adds another 9%. They are still in the cart, so I have to ponder some more.
Old 11-26-11, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts

They have a couple classics on my radar, but sounds like the prices aren't low enough.
Old 11-26-11, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was going to go ahead and pick-up HORRORS OF THE BLACK MUSEUM single disc (I was persuaded by your arguments), but the coupon code is only good once.
Old 11-26-11, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Coyote I know it's a bit of a hassle, but try calling VCI and telling them you had intended on ordering the single disc of HORRORS, but noticed later you had forgotten to include it. Chances are they will put it in with the rest of your order for the coupon price. They are a family run organization and very nice and accommodating to customers. I had several problems with them sending me the wrong items at one point and called their office number and spoke to two very nice employees both of whom were eager to fix the problem. I think less than 20 people work for them, so you do get personalized customer service. It's worth a shot.
Old 11-26-11, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
They have a couple classics on my radar, but sounds like the prices aren't low enough.
Have you actually checked?
Old 11-26-11, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I had 0 plans on getting it but I ended up getting Psychotronica too.

1 x PSYCHOTRONICA COLLECTION 1 "Collector's Set" (KPF577) = $29.99
Dammit, Peeps, you talked me into it! I figure if you were courageous enough to get it, I should follow your lead.

I also started thinking about the future of all this stuff and how movies like these, bad as they might be, are surely not going to be prioritized under anyone's offerings of streaming or downloading or whatever process is going to replace good old physical media. A lot of these esoteric titles stand a chance of just disappearing after awhile until or even if niche markets are redeveloped along with the new technology. $18 for six probably crappy movies, but at least I own them and can subject myself to their crappiness anytime I want.
Old 11-26-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

I made a small order.I like buying movies I never heard of.I did search for reviews before I ordered.

1 x DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW - Blu-ray (9007)
1 x AGENT 8 3/4 (Blu-ray) (9015)
1 x GETTING IT ON (8387)
1 x ROCKIN' ROAD TRIP (8501)
1 x SATAN'S CHEERLEADERS (8276)
1 x GENEVIEVE (9006)
1 x GLEN AND RANDA (8557)

about $57 shipped.Now to find the time to watch them all.:-)
Old 11-26-11, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

GENEVIEVE is a great movie, you're sure to like it; unless you're a curmudgeon.
Old 12-13-11, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Completely forgot about this and I got everything a couple days ago except for Psychotronica, which it says is backordered.