Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Advice on handling a situation (1saleaday)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-11, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Kinda long and pointless, long story short - 6 weeks after order, no items, no proper shipping number, no more responses from support, nothing.

So on October 5th I placed an order for some Pioneer in-ceiling speakers, great reviews (vastly superior to the Monoprice ones) and a great price. The items are listed as in stock and ready to ship, but the site warns 5 - 7 business days for shipping.

Alright no big deal.

October 5th - order placed
October 17th - send an e-mail asking if the item has shipped yet
October 17th - "I am extremely sorry to hear that you are missing items from your order. I am currently checking stock with the warehouse so we can process a reshipment for you, please check again in 2 - 4 days." (this is incorrect as I didn't receive a damned thing)
October 18th - "We have experienced a back up in the warehouse concerning the shipment of a portion of this item. We are working diligently to have them delivered as soon as possible. Please bear with us."
October 20th - "Your account has a reship order for the speakers, however, we are experiencing a delay with the shipments for these items. please bear with us, we are working diligently to ensure these orders are shipped promptly."
October 21st - "I apologize for the delay, rest assured your order will be delivered."
October 25th - Shipping notice received, tracking number says item expected October 7th (meaning the label was more or less printed out around then), no updates.
October 31st - "I apologize for the inconvenience. I am trying to get these reshipped for you as soon as possible. Please follow up with me in a few business days for a status update."
November 2nd - "It seems some of first batch was misplaced. We are working on locating it and getting the unfulfilled orders reshipped."
November 3rd - "I apologize for the inconvenience. We are investigating the whereabouts of your order."
November 8th - "I am still trying to locate your order with the shipper. I sincerely apologize for the long delays. I will keep you posted on updates with your order. I would like to offer you a $4.99 store credit on a future order for your troubles. Please let me know if you wish to accept."
(turned down the $4.99 as I will never be purchasing from them again)

It's now November 14th, still no item, no update on the tracking number and they've stopped responding to my e-mails. How should I proceed with 1) getting my money back and 2) bad mouthing the hell out of this company? I have no problem waiting for items but this is just stringing me along, plus I move in a couple weeks. No functional phone number to speak of either.
Old 11-14-11, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Advice on handling a situation (1saleaday)

A Situation huh? I know who you should call.

Spoiler:
Old 11-14-11, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Haha... Wait, The Situation is still a thing? Ah well, I issued a complaint with the BBB and filed a claim with PayPal.
Old 11-14-11, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Call your credit card and tell them what happened. They'll reverse the charge for you.

As for the bad mouthing, a good start would be telling us the name of the store. Maybe we could even find a phone number for you or someone else has had to deal with them and could give you some insight.
Old 11-14-11, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's 1saleaday.com, one of those deal a day sites -- like a Woot wannabe. I've seen a few numbers posted for them, all have been disconnected. I'm over it and thankfully paid with PayPal which has a great complaint system.
Old 11-14-11, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Let the PayPal complaint run its course to completion first. If you don't get full satisfaction from it, then file a chargeback with your credit card issuing bank. If you file the chargeback before the PayPal complaint process completes, then PayPal will simply close your complaint early in lieu of the chargeback process, and they might also put a chargeback strike on your PayPal account. Too many of those, and they might close your PayPal account.
Old 11-15-11, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They wound up cancelling everybody's order last night. Did a re-order through Walmart.com of all places (cheapest price on the same set of in-ceiling speakers).