Old 11-08-11, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- "Hands" -- 11/08/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-24

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Jax and Tara taste life after SAMCRO, but discover just how hard it is to escape it. Meanwhile, Gemma discovers that Clay has emptied out the safe at their house; no one in the club can locate Juice; and Sheriff Roosevelt confronts Lincoln Potter.

Episode 10 of 14

If you missed the news from this week, FX ordered a 14th episode. But, they aren't shooting a 14th episode. It's believed that Kurt Sutter had enough material shot for the season finale for a 2 hour episode, so they are extending the season 1 more week.
Old 11-08-11, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Hands" -- 11/08/11

Well that was an intense episode. This show really feels like it could be ending this season.
Old 11-08-11, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm half wondering if sutter is playing us all thinking it's going to continue next season, and is just going to have the club implode and end the show. I think that would actually be pretty sweet.
Old 11-08-11, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Well that was an intense episode. This show really feels like it could be ending this season.
Agreed. You could see them wrapping it up in the final 4 episodes this season.

Should be interesting to see where they go with it after this season.

(Totally agreed about the intensity. You wonder how Clay will make it til the end of the season.)
Old 11-08-11, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This whole Tara hand thing is really galling to me. It's just so cliched.

With that said, I do kind of like that Clay is apparently just the sort of dumbass who thinks a hit can't be called off because it's in all the movies that way. I do give Sutter some kudos for showing us that's not real.
Old 11-08-11, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally
(Totally agreed about the intensity. You wonder how Clay will make it til the end of the season.)
Exactly. That's where I'm at. I do like that I have no fucking idea where this season is going to end up, I just hope that it isn't completely lame.
Old 11-09-11, 12:21 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Ha ha - of course it will be lame.
Old 11-09-11, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Opie is going to go nuts when he finds Piney.

Jax is going to go nuts when he finds out the Clay ordered the hit on Tara AND killed his father.

The whole club is going to go nuts when they find out about Juice.

Clay specified a simple & painless hit on Tara, why did they try to kidnap her? And Machete is still after her.

During the Gemma/Clay battle, I kept picturing Gemma as Peg Bundy and Clay as Al. Made it funny.
Old 11-09-11, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Ha ha - of course it will be lame.
I know.
Old 11-09-11, 01:00 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

If no one dies before the end of the season than Sutter needs to STFU and quit whining about certain shows getting recognition over his. He's set too many pieces in place for this to have a clean ending this season.

Liked Tara's boss going off on Gemma.

I don't know Opie didn't beat Jax to death when Jax told him he was leaving the club.
Old 11-09-11, 01:12 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

The kidnapping of Tara was not by the Mexicans right? Just white guys speaking Mexican to make it appear like that. or am I crazy?
Old 11-09-11, 08:47 AM

The kidnapping of Tara was not by the Mexicans right? Just white guys speaking Mexican to make it appear like that. or am I crazy?
It certainly seemed that way. Otherwise, why have the scene in the van where they take their masks off and are very deliberately shown speaking English?
Old 11-09-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

GREAT episode overall, best of the season. Clay is a true psycho, getting worse all the time. How he doesn't end up dead soon is beyond me. Really glad they didn't drag the kidnapping thing on at all, and I can't wait for Opie to find his dad--and I hope that whole "Hey, actually why don't you NOT go see your dad and stay back for this thing I made up" line from Clay occurs to Opie.
Old 11-09-11, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seriously..I'm at a complete loss to how they would spin Clay making it out of this season alive if he doesn't just go on the run. It always pissed me off that Opie and Piney were "OK" with Donna being murdered, or at least enough to put it on the back burner. Now with Piney being gone, and everything else stacking up against Clay, I just can't see ANYTHING that would push the stuff aside for the "greater common good" of the club at this point.
Old 11-09-11, 10:19 AM

I thought the title was accurate because Clay sure layed his hands on Gemma. I'm guessing next season is going to be about her getting her revenge in getting the Sons to kill Clay, like she told Unser.

Tara having her screaming match was normal tho Jax needs to stay with her as she didn't mean any of it, telling him to get out.

There has to be a showdown between Roosevelt, Potter and Juice. I think Juice confides in Chibbs and Potter gets got. Most likely either with Roosevelt's help or him turning a blind eye.
Old 11-09-11, 11:06 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by xVladx
It certainly seemed that way. Otherwise, why have the scene in the van where they take their masks off and are very deliberately shown speaking English?
Wasn't the guy with the bloody nose face the same guy that Clay gave the money to?
Old 11-09-11, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really wish Sutter would just wrap this thing up with a big bang 14th episode.

Season 5 could begin a prequel season showing the early days of SAMCRO in the late 60's.
Old 11-09-11, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I didn't realize Peter Weller was doing directing from time to time
just happened to look up from my dinner at the right time to catch that part of the opening credits

Clay has gone so far over the psycho line I'm not sure what to expect next from him

Last edited by mikehunt; 11-09-11 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-09-11, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Clay specified a simple & painless hit on Tara, why did they try to kidnap her?
they should have simply dumped half a magazine from their MP5 into her back
would have ripped her lungs and heart up and left her face alone
Old 11-09-11, 11:10 PM

I was also confused by the attempted kidnapping. Made zero sense. Why not shoot her at the car? Or drag her in the van and shoot her then and dump the body in the road? Shoot Jax and her? Just confusing. Also having kidnappers allow Tara to escape because Jax was running 100ft behind them shooting at the van with Tara in it?

I just had to slap my forehead.

I also did not understand why Gemma did not let Unser take her to the hospital like he offered and tell Jax about Clay then. He is there. She needs medical attention. She has support from Unser.

Just poor writing. The problem is I love this show. I just do not want it to start getting silly with unexplained items like the above.
Old 11-10-11, 12:02 AM

Would be nice if they would find Piney's body one of these days, vote on the Prez (or just create more emergencies to put his off), oh and if Opie can wake the F up and remember Clay was behind Donna's death....

There's a difference between extending storylines and intermixing them to create a complex environment and just an inability to resolve a storyline unless it's the season finale.

I'm thinking there will be some contrived storyline where Unser buys it (maybe at Clay's doing? Maybe him protecting Tara?) which prolongs the Jax/Clay showdown to next season.... when maybe someone will remember to actually look for Piney (I say that only half jokingly). I can almost see Unser getting it from the Cartel (who said they would take care of the hit personally after it was botched) and the writers use that to galvanize the club and forget everything that's happened..... again... There's also the Juice plotline which can conveniently put things on hold if they have to deal with that.
Old 11-10-11, 12:27 AM

The whole story with Clay is dumb every time he tries to kill someone, starting with Opie it gets fucked up. It's not like nobody knows he's responsible then he beats the crap out of Gemma. He's an idiot and in deeper shit than he was in the beginning.

His best bet would have been to have Jax killed. Jax is the one person that will outsmart Clay and have no problem killing him. He just keeps giving Jax more reasons to kill him.

I still think Jax will come up with an elaborate plan to make the club a crapload of money, get rid of Clay, wipe the club's slate clean and legal.
Old 11-10-11, 01:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has just occurred to me how little they use Ronnie from The Shield, this season. Either he will be playing one hell of a role in the end story arc, or that was kinda pointless to hire that actor.

With the sheer volume of lies people are telling , maybe Gemma will open the next episode saying "psych" in regard to her plan for Clay.

Having caught up on the episodes in a marathon, i think the story plays better that way than in single episode bites. Aside from the racial stupidity, i think it has been a good season.
Old 11-10-11, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ronnie was barely used on The Shield too so its not anything new really.
Old 11-10-11, 08:51 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also just can't see any somewhat believable scenario where Clay gets out of this season alive...if he does, I may finally quit on this show, because I really don't want to watch another season or two of complete stupid ass losers follow that dick around.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.