Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Cars 2 3D Playback Error

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Cars 2 3D Playback Error

Old 11-07-11, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars 2 3D Playback Error

Cars 2 3D Playback Error

I have titled this new Disney/Pixar issue "time warp".

As the disc will play forward and then at random points jump back to a point that it had already played and then play forward by passing the point it had jumped backwards from, playing along forwards for a few minutes, then jumping backwards to a random pre-played point in the movie and then play forward again....

I gave up trying to watch after 15/20 minutes so don't know if at some point later the disc would play correctly.

Is anybody else in this forum having these troubles??

I have a Samsung BD-D5500 with the latest firmware and have read that this model, along with other, Samsung players are having the same issue with this 3D disc.

avid
Old 11-08-11, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Re: Cars 2 3D Playback Error

The issue I get is that the audio defaults to DD 5.1 EX but doesn't let me change to DTS-HD MA 7.1 on the fly. If I go to the menu and select DTS-HD MA 7.1 and go back to the movie, it still only play in DD 5.1 EX.
Old 11-08-11, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
The issue I get is that the audio defaults to DD 5.1 EX but doesn't let me change to DTS-HD MA 7.1 on the fly. If I go to the menu and select DTS-HD MA 7.1 and go back to the movie, it still only play in DD 5.1 EX.
What is your player?
Old 11-09-11, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by DEC29111
What is your player?
I'm running it on Arcsoft's TotalMedia Theatre 5. I'm guessing that's the problem but this is the first time I've run into such an issue.
Old 11-20-11, 03:13 PM

having the same problem running on a Samsung BD-D5500ZA. Support said to turn off the BD-Live connection, tried that without luck then updated the firmware without luck

also found this thread on blu-ray.com
http://forum.blu-ray.com/3d-blu-ray-...-glitches.html

edit to add that I just got off the phone with Samsung customer service and they said that it is a firmware problem and they are working on an update but he wasn't able to give me a time frame to when it will be updated

Last edited by Doctor X; 11-20-11 at 04:05 PM.