DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "Always in Control" -- 11/06/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Miguel Ferrer Guest Stars as Susan's Art Teacher, Andre Zeller

"Always in Control" - Bree is stunned when she learns who dug up the body of Gaby's stepfather; jealousy rears its ugly head when Lynette begins to spread untruths to daughter Penny about Tom's new girlfriend; Gaby and Carlos must convince Lee and Bob that Juanita and Celia aren't the bad seeds that they used to be when they want to name them in their will as guardians; and Susan desperately searches her inner self to find what inspires her in order to better her art and impress her hard-to-please art teacher, Andre (Miguel Ferrer), on "Desperate Housewives," SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Read more: Listings - DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1cxvoejHf

4 straight weeks with 0 commentary from anyone here. Man, this is probably the least cared about final season of any show in this forum, but with 8-10 hours of shows on Sunday night, I guess I can see this taking a major back burner and eventually getting forgotten about.
Old 11-06-11, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives -- "Always in Control" -- 11/06/11

Preview:

<param name="movie" value="http://a.abc.com/media/_global/swf/embed/2.6.10/SFP_Walt.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="flashvars" value="configUrl=http://a.abc.com/service/sfp/embedplayerconfig/id/&configId=406732&playlistId=14811&clipId=VD55150750&showId=SH006723180000&gig_lt=1320617371706&gig_pt=1320617372843&gig_g=2" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://a.abc.com/media/_global/swf/embed/2.6.10/SFP_Walt.swf" quality="high" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="426" height="260" flashvars="configUrl=http://a.abc.com/service/sfp/embedplayerconfig/id/&configId=406732&playlistId=14811&clipId=VD55150750&showId=SH006723180000&gig_lt=1320617371706&gig_pt=1320617372843&gig_g=2" name="ABCESNWID"></embed></object>
Old 11-07-11, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
4 straight weeks with 0 commentary from anyone here. Man, this is probably the least cared about final season of any show in this forum, but with 8-10 hours of shows on Sunday night, I guess I can see this taking a major back burner and eventually getting forgotten about.
Well honestly what was there to say? Lynette is a vengeful bitch and ends up regretful. Gabby's a manipulative bitch with two ungrateful, spoiled brats. Susan is a snivelling artist who is afraid of her past. Bree is hell bent on controlling everything. Same thing every week.

My question is what happened to Renee and Ben? All of a sudden Bree seems to be jumping into his arms like that never happened.

And where the heck is MJ this season? We saw him at Halloween and that's it. And every second of screen time the Solis kids get is one too many. Any way they can frame those brats for the murder? Ugh. So boring.

Last edited by rfduncan; 11-08-11 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-07-11, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha! Didn't watch last week's until this past Sunday. I only watched this week's because I had time to kill until The Walking Dead.

Maybe for your sake, it would be easier to turn this into a season long thread.

By the way, Tom's new girlfriend is great. Huge upgrade from Lynette.

Susan has to be the dumbest person alive. Why would you show anybody that painting?

Gabby's kids need to be beaten by a Judge from Aransas. Well, maybe not Celia. She should probably see a doctor to get tested.
Old 11-07-11, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Ha! Didn't watch last week's until this past Sunday. I only watched this week's because I had time to kill until The Walking Dead.

Maybe for your sake, it would be easier to turn this into a season long thread.

By the way, Tom's new girlfriend is great. Huge upgrade from Lynette.

Susan has to be the dumbest person alive. Why would you show anybody that painting?

Gabby's kids need to be beaten by a Judge from Aransas. Well, maybe not Celia. She should probably see a doctor to get tested.
Not to mention it's a crappy painting.
Old 11-07-11, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True. These characters aren't very likable anymore. Very unsympathetic.
Old 11-07-11, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

I had a big from the painting, just from the absurdity of it. But everything that's been said just about covers it. For myself I only leave this on as background noise when I'm eating or doing something else, because I won't have to worry about missing anything of importance...
Old 11-07-11, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Is there a reason why Celia can't talk? Do they keep her locked in the basement or something (like the Applewhites)? Also, she uses a Barbie doll instead of a fork. Actually, that was pretty funny.

And Lynnette seems to only have one kid living at home now - Penny. What happened to the other boy and the baby? Even the flasbacks only showed Penny.

I think Andre has a bigger part in Susan's life now than Mike. Is she still working now? Is Mike making enough with plumbing and "dirty" jobs to support them after their financial crisis of last season.

I like how the Bob and Lee's daughter was conviently at a sleepover. I guess their budget only allows for so many actors.

Actually, this is one show I would love to read a book about the behind the scenes stuff after it ends. I'd like to know how and why the kids seem to disappear for long stretches of time. Why they had to recast Penny and why Celia is now mute. Also, I'd like to hear what the actors really think of the storylines. I'm sure there would be lots of juicy stuff hopefully from someone who has been there behind the scenes during the entire run. Or maybe Nicollette Sheridan will eventually write something.
Old 11-07-11, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by windom

Actually, this is one show I would love to read a book about the behind the scenes stuff after it ends. I'd like to know how and why the kids seem to disappear for long stretches of time. Why they had to recast Penny and why Celia is now mute. Also, I'd like to hear what the actors really think of the storylines. I'm sure there would be lots of juicy stuff hopefully from someone who has been there behind the scenes during the entire run. Or maybe Nicollette Sheridan will eventually write something.
And I'd like to know why Terri Hatcher and Marcia Cross hate each other.
Old 11-08-11, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Watching the episode over at my mother's house whenever Lynette comes on I'm just going "They really should just get divorced, she has no idea how wrong she's been all this time and how she's deserving of all this."

Both my mother and my niece just go "You know, it is a TV show?"

My response: "Don't care, I've been watching all these years and I have an opinion."
Old 11-08-11, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Also, I'd like to hear what the actors really think of the storylines.
I think Eva Longoria said in a recent interview that they are pretty much left completely in the dark until just before they shoot a scene when they receive their lines. So their thoughts on their storylines might not be worth anything until the filming of this season finally wraps next spring.
Old 11-08-11, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

"You know, it is a TV show?"
I hate this response from people.
Old 11-08-11, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I hate this response from people.
I agree. Why are we not allowed to get invested in TV story lines and have a reaction without having to be thought of as nuts?
Old 11-08-11, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

I love how nobody knows the name of Gabby's younger daughter.
Old 11-08-11, 07:58 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bit with the lollipop in the hair was pretty funny to me.

I really wish they would have included Renee in the burying of the guy just so she could be more a part of the show.

The show is just boring now and I am only hanging in because it is the last season. The whole art student plotline feels like it has been going on forever and only brings out the most annoying aspects of the Susan character. I can't imagine Tom and Lynette not getting back together before the series end, but she really doesn't deserve anything but divorce papers at this point.

So Penny is Tom and Lynette's biological daughter? I thought she was the daughter he had with that other woman. What happened to that kid?
Old 11-09-11, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

The problem with this show, and Grey's Anatomy for that matter, is that they shot their wads way too early in their runs, and have been coasting ever since.

Season 2 took a lot of steam out of this show, but the 5 year time skip was what really killed it on this forum. Kinda like Alias was never the same after the 2 year skip.

Penny is the baby Lynette had at the beginning of the series. Tom's other daughter was sent away in due to her being mentally unstable, and trying to break up Tom and Lynette. This was before the 5 year time jump, so were she to return she'd be in her 20s (Tom did this before he married Lynette).
Old 11-09-11, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,019 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I couldn't believe this thread had so many responses but I couldn't read it till I saw the episode. I thought maybe it was a super-awesome one that inspired a lot of conversation, but no, just the same old stuff. I'm still counting down the episodes till it ends.