Old 11-02-11, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Revenge -- "Charade" -- 11/02/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-10-12

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
CCH Pounder ("The Shield," "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency") and Margarita Levieva ("Adventureland") Guest Star

"Charade" - The Graysons' 25th wedding anniversary is a less than celebratory occasion when their desire to lay low is interrupted with a high profile story in the paper and a volatile family dinner featuring unwanted guests; the fate of Lydia hangs heavy over everyone, and Frank, desperate to prove his steadfast loyalty to Victoria, digs deep into Emily's past and uncovers too much, on "Revenge," WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Read more: Listings - REVENGE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1cZVgGm6E

Episode 7 of 22
Old 11-02-11, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Revenge -- "Charade" -- 11/02/11

Another good episode. I loved the introduction of the real Emily Thorne.
Old 11-02-11, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This show manages to get more awesome each week. I love the tangled web the writers are slowly weaving. The disastrous family dinner was great.

to seeing the real Emily Thorne introduced. You could see her killing Frank coming, but it was still kind of shocking seeing her being so brutal. Can't wait to see how she shakes things up.
Old 11-03-11, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
This show manages to get more awesome each week. I love the tangled web the writers are slowly weaving. The disastrous family dinner was great.

to seeing the real Emily Thorne introduced. You could see her killing Frank coming, but it was still kind of shocking seeing her being so brutal. Can't wait to see how she shakes things up.
I was glad she killed Frank.
Old 11-03-11, 02:00 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

This is the first episode that made me worry about how they are going to make a whole season out of the show.

You go through all this planning, and not only do you not have your file from when you were locked up destroyed or removed, you leave the actual pictures of the real people in the file. I'm even willing to believe it's an oversight, but a guy digging around shows up at the warden's office, a warden who is in on it, and you still don't have it removed.

I hope Declan catches a tire iron to the skull soon.

for casting Margarita Levieva as the real Emily
Old 11-03-11, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Pretty solid episode with lots of interesting new twists.

at Nolan creating a sex tape to blackmail Tyler.

How the hell did Frank manage to sneak into the Warden's office and steal the file? That was a Juvenile detention facility right? Considering the Warden is supposedly in on this plot, I was surprised they were so careless about the files and left the real pictures in there. Agree with Mr. X on this.

Loved the introduction of the real Emily Thorne. I was shocked that she killed Frank and just dumped his body on the side of the highway.

Even though Victoria has been a great Queen B all season long, I like that they are adding more depth to her character. She's obviously a very conflicted woman. Looked to me that she was in love with David and was pretty much coerced by Frank and Conrad to participate in the scheme to set him up.
Old 11-03-11, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well at least we all were right about Tyler.
Old 11-03-11, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
The disastrous family dinner was great.
Worst. Anniversary. Dinner. Evah...

I liked the look Victoria gave Declan when he agreed they should go ahead and eat dinner since Victoria had worked so hard in the kitchen cooking the meal.
Old 11-03-11, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm puzzled why Emily was worried about Tyler but not worried about Frank. She obviously had a lot more to lose with what Frank was digging up than the game Tyler's playing.

Emily looked very surprised when the real Emily showed up. Looks like the tangled web she's woven is beginning to unravel.

Victoria was in love with Samantha's dad and she's obviously sorry for what she did to him. I predict that at the climax of this story we will see Victoria's redemption as she sacrifices herself to save Samantha. Which begs the same question I asked after the pilot -- what do they do next year?
Old 11-03-11, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Well at least we all were right about Tyler.
Too bad they cut away from "The Kiss."
Old 11-03-11, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Flave
I'm puzzled why Emily was worried about Tyler but not worried about Frank. She obviously had a lot more to lose with what Frank was digging up than the game Tyler's playing.

Emily looked very surprised when the real Emily showed up. Looks like the tangled web she's woven is beginning to unravel.

Victoria was in love with Samantha's dad and she's obviously sorry for what she did to him. I predict that at the climax of this story we will see Victoria's redemption as she sacrifices herself to save Samantha. Which begs the same question I asked after the pilot -- what do they do next year?
I assume you mean Amanda.
Old 11-03-11, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I assume you mean Amanda.
Yeah, Amanda. I'm hopeless with names...

But the dog's name is Sam, right? I knew there was a "Sam" name in there somewhere.
Old 11-03-11, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are we certain Frank is dead?
Old 11-03-11, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Are we certain Frank is dead?
I think he's a goner. I think the writers were kind of smart to keep Lydia alive and to kill Frank.
Old 11-03-11, 06:40 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Lisa P strikes again
Old 11-03-11, 07:14 PM

I honestly didn't want to like this show because it's so over the top catty and convoluted and soap opera-y. It's pretty addictive and I'm totally hooked. Frank sneaking into the warden's office and no one caches him or there are no cameras or Emily and the warden with their smart planning didn't realize that was going to happen was pretty dumb and there are a lot of other minor quibbles but so what? I can't wait to see next week.
Old 11-03-11, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

at Victoria snatching her hand back from Conrad at the mention of "love and respect" as the foundation of their 25 years of marriage...

Initially when Emily/Amanda made the call to the Warden it actually seemed like she was activating her contingency plans for people trying to dig up her juvenile past. But as it turned out it was her bunkmate who took it upon herself to deal with Frank's snooping. It would appear that the real Emily Thorne really owes Amanda, like saving-her-life-in-jail big, to go that length to protect her secrets.
Old 11-03-11, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Flave
Which begs the same question I asked after the pilot -- what do they do next year?
The producers said the show's not about the characters per se but about the concept of Revenge.

So if they do get next season its a whole other cast of characters with someone wanting revenge for one reason or another.
Old 11-04-11, 12:46 PM

The producers said the show's not about the characters per se but about the concept of Revenge.

So if they do get next season its a whole other cast of characters with someone wanting revenge for one reason or another.
I also heard about that. I think that setup could work well if there is a second season. I bet Mike Kelley and his team are possibly looking into various actors and actresses for a new cast if a pickup happens.
Old 11-04-11, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

This show was put on the back burner for me while I did the October Horror Movie Challenge, but over the last few days, I've caught up on the 5 episodes I was behind. I'm really enjoying the show.

I like watching how Emily/Amanda tries to stick to her plan and yet adapt it as fresh twists start coming at her. You get the impression that everything has been very carefully planned out, but the problem is you can't really predict human nature and their reactions keep sending ripples through Emily's life. Anyway, I'm finding it very addictive. I hate that I'm all caught up now, though.

I was wondering what they would do after a first season, too. It makes sense, and I like the idea but doubt it will work. Or it will at least be a tough sale. Audiences grow attached to certain characters and actors. If there's a new season 2 cast, you might immediately lose some people right there, and then if that cast doesn't immediately gel, you could lose an even larger chunk. It definitely seem like a risk.
Old 11-04-11, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read an interview with the producer in Entertainment Weekly that, if the show is renewed, a greater conspiracy will be uncovered and Emanda will move on to another town to wreak havoc and seek revenge.
Old 11-05-11, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by celmendo
I honestly didn't want to like this show because it's so over the top catty and convoluted and soap opera-y. It's pretty addictive and I'm totally hooked. Frank sneaking into the warden's office and no one caches him or there are no cameras or Emily and the warden with their smart planning didn't realize that was going to happen was pretty dumb and there are a lot of other minor quibbles but so what? I can't wait to see next week.
I like to pretend that this was all part of the planning and a long con. Let frank discover this real emily thorne and she will take care of things when he finds her. Either with a candlestick in the study or a tire iron in a strip club parking lot.

i agree with others, the less perfect and more unraveled the revenge plot becomes, the more i am drawn in.

Kudos to Nolan, he really took one in the ass for the scheme.
Old 11-05-11, 02:47 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Judging by the timeline...is it possible Victoria's daughter is actually Amanda's (half) sister? She seems about the right age from when her father was arrested, so it's possible Victoria was pregnant shortly after. Would be an interesting twist.
Old 11-05-11, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Judging by the timeline...is it possible Victoria's daughter is actually Amanda's (half) sister? She seems about the right age from when her father was arrested, so it's possible Victoria was pregnant shortly after. Would be an interesting twist.

The events in the timeline that was presented via flashbacks and archival footage was a little inconsistent; and to me, somewhat illogical. (i.e. Sam the dog and Amanda's real age) These are the events that I could recall...

Summer '93 - Amanda's 9th birthday
Summer '93 - Amanda got Sam the puppy
Summer '93 - David Clarke arrested by FBI (around August?)
September '93 -Amanda under "care" of Michelle Banks
March '95 - Damning testimonies from the likes of Lydia, Victoria, Conrad, "Uncle Bill", and the Graysons' collusion with the then-ADA Kingsley
Summer '02 - Amanda turned 18 and released from Juvie

Victoria's daughter Charlotte turned 18 around the Summer of '11, and the actual birth date was naturally unspecified. However, it would seem to suggest that she was conceived around Winter of '92 and born around Summer of '93. So she certainly could be David Clarke's daughter. The one gaping hole here though is that Victoria should've been 9-month pregnant in '93, and none of the flashbacks of her with David Clarke or Frank or Conrad showed that.
Old 11-06-11, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
The events in the timeline that was presented via flashbacks and archival footage was a little inconsistent; and to me, somewhat illogical. (i.e. Sam the dog and Amanda's real age) These are the events that I could recall...

Summer '93 - Amanda's 9th birthday
Summer '93 - Amanda got Sam the puppy
Summer '93 - David Clarke arrested by FBI (around August?)
September '93 -Amanda under "care" of Michelle Banks
March '95 - Damning testimonies from the likes of Lydia, Victoria, Conrad, "Uncle Bill", and the Graysons' collusion with the then-ADA Kingsley
Summer '02 - Amanda turned 18 and released from Juvie

Victoria's daughter Charlotte turned 18 around the Summer of '11, and the actual birth date was naturally unspecified. However, it would seem to suggest that she was conceived around Winter of '92 and born around Summer of '93. So she certainly could be David Clarke's daughter. The one gaping hole here though is that Victoria should've been 9-month pregnant in '93, and none of the flashbacks of her with David Clarke or Frank or Conrad showed that.
As i like the idea of Charlotte being Emily's half sister, i will choose to pretend Victoria was wearing some industrial strength Spanx while with child.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.