Old 11-01-11, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: South Pacific -- "Double Agent" -- 11/2/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Season 23, Episode 8
Episode Synopsis: Ozzy battles Christine on Redemption Island in a challenge involving keys and locks to determine who stays in the game and who goes home. Original Air Date: Nov 2, 2011
Old 11-01-11, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Survivor: South Pacific -- "Double Agent" -- 11/2/11

No way they don't set it up with a physical RI challenge to tip the scale in Ozzie's favor.

My prediction: Ozzie sends Christine home and the tribes merge. The episode should be a good one because I can't see anyone from either side flipping. There just doesn't seem to be an obvious 6th man in either tribe that feels that flipping would make sense. However, I do expect Savaii to somehow pull it out because I think they're setting up Jim (the weed dealer) to be the winner of the game.
Old 11-01-11, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The commercials have given away
Spoiler:
the tribes will merge
Old 11-02-11, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hope Ozzy goes home.
Old 11-02-11, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't decide who I dislike more. Keith or that loudmouth dope dude.

I'm rooting for Dawn.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 11-02-11 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-02-11, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha! That was fun.

I'm not sure why Cochran is supposedly a coward, but Jim is a d-bag anyway. I hope he goes home next.

And kudos to Brandon for standing up for Cochran. Brandon has gotten alot of flak this season - and deservedly so - but I thought that was pretty cool of him.
Old 11-02-11, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good for Cochran taking a stand for himself. May be short lived, but his tribe has been crapping on him since day one. He's deserved some of it, but sometime you have to say enough.

I completely forgot about the individual redemption island post merge.
Old 11-02-11, 08:05 PM
Suspended

Nice...haven't seen a vote like that in a while.

Brandon telling Cochran to stay close to him.

I'm torn. Keith did act like a dick. But I think Cochran's chances would've been better sticking with his tribe. He could've told the other tribe Ozzy was going to give the idol to Keith (I forget if Cochran was privy to that info before tribal?) so they voted for Whitney.
Old 11-02-11, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
Good for Cochran taking a stand for himself. May be short lived, but his tribe has been crapping on him since day one. He's deserved some of it, but sometime you have to say enough.
Agreed. I hope that douche dope dude is next to go. I'm sick of looking at his Bob's Big Boy face and hearing that annoying voice.
Old 11-02-11, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For a guy that wrote an award winning essay on the jury system of survivor, how can he not realize he just tossed 4 votes (I think he could still get Dawn's). Not that he gets that far anyways.

I had high hopes for Cochran, with him being a super fan, but he's been a huge let down.
Old 11-02-11, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I love how Ozzy's plan not only backfired, but almost certainly made matters worse than they would have been had the tribe simply voted out Cochran.
Old 11-02-11, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I completely forgot about the individual redemption island post merge.
Agreed. His chances might suck to win but sometimes you gotta act on principle. And good for Brandon for sticking up for him. Fuck his old team.
Old 11-02-11, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Stupid move by Cochran but his tribe deserved it for keeping him around.
Old 11-02-11, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,075 Likes on 650 Posts

Um, What's with all the Brandon love? The only reason he was sticking up for Cochran is because he voted their way and it also keeps Cochran on their side. And Brandon came off as a goober even saying something protective. How is his tubby 5' 2" self going to protect anyone? I know he thinks he is a bad ass but if I were Jim, I would gladly have punched both of them in the mouth. Jim had every right to call out Cochran on a really stupid move. Coach just tells Cochran how they are 6 strong and will not budge. What happens when you are the 7th man Cochran? D'oh!

Just dumb. And it is quite humorous that this all would have been avoided had they just sent Cochran to Redemption Island as they should have before. The only reason Coach and the others were accepting of Cochran is because they needed to use him. And it worked. Obviously there must have been a lot of other bad treatment of Cochran than we didn't get to see for him to sway so easily and not look at logic. They called him out when he did shitty on challenges but that happens to everybody. And Cochran seemed to talk worse about himself than anyone else did.

But this rant may come from my irritation of the entire blue team. Other than the black guy, I don't like any of them. I will say that Coach has played everything super smart this season even though he is still a phenomenal douche.
Old 11-02-11, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Tonight I discovered there's a player named Whitney on this season.
Old 11-02-11, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I will say that Coach has played everything super smart this season
I thought Cochran was going to cry when Coach explained to him that he knew all about their silly plan.
Old 11-02-11, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm trying to understand Cochran's move. What happens if the second round of voting resulted in another tie?
Old 11-02-11, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Drawing rocks with Keith & Rick immune. (Wasn't clear if Ozzy, Dawn & Whitney still would be.)
Old 11-02-11, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Drawing rocks with Keith & Rick immune. (Wasn't clear if Ozzy, Dawn & Whitney still would be.)
Yes, they would still be, I believe. That's why Ozzy's team wanted it to go to forced rocks--because then 4 of their 6 would be safe and it would be a good gamble that the other team would be sent packing.

But Cochran wasn't safe--and he didn't want his fate to come down to a rock. Put that together with the awful way they've treated him, and the fact that the other tribe is actually filled with people who half way like him, and it was a no-brainer....plus, he had nothing to show a jury. At least now he can argue that he made what Jeff called the gutsiest move of the game.
Old 11-02-11, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Yes, they would still be, I believe. That's why Ozzy's team wanted it to go to forced rocks--because then 4 of their 6 would be safe and it would be a good gamble that the other team would be sent packing.

But Cochran wasn't safe--and he didn't want his fate to come down to a rock. Put that together with the awful way they've treated him, and the fact that the other tribe is actually filled with people who half way like him, and it was a no-brainer....plus, he had nothing to show a jury. At least now he can argue that he made what Jeff called the gutsiest move of the game.
It seemed as if Ozzy's team believed that Whitney would be safe from the rock with the HII. Dawn, Ozzy and Whitney and Keith would be immune from the rock. Ozzy should have given the HII to Cochran really if they wanted him to feel safe from the rock. Each person had a 1 in 7 but Ozzy's team had a 2/7 chance versus 5/7 for Coach's team. That's pretty good odds.
Really, they should just send both to RI and have them duke it out like the fire making challenge with one winner. It would seem more fair.

I think Cochran should not have flipped. He worked with
Jim and Dawn to get rid of Elyse. Ozzy gave him the HII before he was voted out previously. That really shows me Cochran had a chance to move ahead of immunity threats Ozzy or Keith in the pecking order. He would be the perfect third person to take to the final three for any one of them. I don't see anyone on Coach's team wanting to back stab their original tribe to take Cochran.
Old 11-02-11, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Would Whitney have been safe, though? The HII seems like a one-time thing that would only apply to that particular jury vote and not the entire tribal council.

Cochran seems to have made a good play for himself, but a disastrous play for his tribe. Now they're down in numbers and can be picked off one by one. Cochran might be able to weasel his way into Coach's alliance if they have to turn on one of their own. Ozzy's tribe might be able to flip someone from Coach's alliance like Rick who's the low man on the totem pole.
Old 11-03-11, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Cochran is such a weak physical player that the end-game calculation has to be different for him than almost any other player out there at the moment. Individual immunity starts playing a very big role once you get down to the final five, so Cochran almost by necessity has to be partnered with a strong alliance partner to even make the end. There is almost no individual challenge he could possibly win.
Old 11-03-11, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Finisher
Stupid move by Cochran but his tribe deserved it for keeping him around.
x

For a worldclass poker player Jim is shit at reading people for not even thinking there was a chance at Cochran flipping.
Old 11-03-11, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Flippers like John never last long because they stand zero chance of really breaking into the other alliance. They get used for the short term and thrown away when they are no longer needed.

He stood a far better chance going along with his team and then trying to form a mini alliance once the only people left standing were his old tribe and they have to start eating their own.
Old 11-03-11, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Too bad Ozzie didn't just give the HII to Keith, that would have sunk the other tribe anyway.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.