WILL FINALLY HIT DVD SHELVES FOR THE FIRST TIME

G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO
SERIES 2, SEASON 1

Featuring All 24 Action-Packed Episodes and
Fan Favorite 5-Part Miniseries OPERATION DRAGONFIRE
in a Collectible 4-DVD Set

OWN IT ON DVD JANUARY 10, 2012
FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

October 31, 2011 - The incredible adventures of GENERAL HAWK, SGT. SLAUGHTER and their international team of heroes - known as G.I. JOE - continue! Together they defend the globe against COBRA, a ruthless organization led by COBRA COMMANDER, who is determined to conquer the world by any means necessary.

On January 10, 2012, Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Hasbro, will unleash the G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero Series 2, Season 1 on DVD. This collectible 4-DVD set contains the entire 24 episodes from the complete first season, including the 5-part miniseries Operation Dragonfire. A must-have for heroes of all ages, G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero Series 2, Season 1 DVD set arrives in stores everywhere and is priced to own at $29.93 SRP.

In 1989, SGT. SLAUGHTER once again returned to battle against COBRA and DESTRO in the 5-part miniseries Operation Dragonfire; and the popular second series began airing thereafter. Loyal G.I. JOE fans and kids were also introduced to a group of new G.I. JOE heroes - CAPTAIN GRID-IRON, AMBUSH, PATHFINDER and villains - SERPENTOR, CESSPOOL, METAL-HEAD, GNAWGAHYDE, as well as new VIPER troops.

Now you can relive the adventures of second series of G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero from the beginning, including the miniseries that started it all - Operation Dragonfire!

G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO SERIES 2, SEASON 1
Street Date: January 10, 2011
Discs: 4
Suggested Retail Price: $29.93
Running Time: approx. +/- 9 hours
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Technical Info: English, Stereo.

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/GI-Joe-...#ixzz1cPquUBGd
Old 10-31-11, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts
Re: G.I. Joe Series 2 Season 1 1/10/12

Haha, I'd like to see Operation Dragonfire again. Not sure about the rest of it. That theme song is catchy though:

Last edited by TheBang; 11-01-11 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-01-11, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still remember that "very special episode" where GI Joe and Cobra combined forces against a powerful drug dealer.

Hysterical even then.
Old 11-01-11, 11:47 PM

Wow, I was a huge fan of the Sunbow series in the mid/late 1980s, but I have no memory of this one.
Old 11-02-11, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The idea was both Duke's brother Lt. Falcon and a sister of one of the Cobra's both got addicted to drugs.

Duke and the Cobra guy happen to be at rehab visiting their sibling at the same time (not making this up) and later get into a confrontation in the air. They both crash the jets, have to share the same parachute down and end up talking to each other about why they were both there. (Like I said, not making this up).

By the time they land, they decide they're going to convince both GI Joe and Cobra to team up to take down the drug dealer (with the Cobra guy separately informing Cobra Commander "Hey'll, we'll steal all his drug money too for ourselves).

Then the groups get together where they're split in pairs to attack the drug dealer. The pairs are made randomly drawn. While I can't remember who paired up with who, it was still utterly ridiculous.
Old 11-02-11, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome! I can't wait for this (even though I still have yet to finish off the last set.. never got past season one in my purchases)!