DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
House -- "Risky Business" -- 10/31/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Michael Nouri ("Damages") Guest Stars

A CEO (guest star Nouri) falls mysteriously ill just days before he signs a contract that would relocate his company's entire labor force to China. HOUSE (Hugh Laurie) attempts to make an underhanded business transaction with his wealthy patient, but when the patient's condition worsens, the team must work around the clock to save his life. Meanwhile, PARK (Charlyne Yi) prepares for her hearing with the Princeton Plainsboro Disciplinary Committee chaired by FOREMAN (Omar Epps), and ADAMS' (Odette Annable) outlook on her patient's business venture reveals her deeper feelings about loyalty in the all-new "Risky Business" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Oct. 31 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-804) (TV-14 D, L)

Read more: Listings - HOUSE on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1cPI9LCrh
Old 11-01-11, 12:27 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: House -- "Risky Business" -- 10/31/11

Excellent use of Cat Stevens.
Old 11-01-11, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

NBC should have cast Odette Annable as Wonder Woman last year. That show would be on the air today if they had picked her. The new cast members are working out better than the last few additions. Park as the nerdy girl is a massive improvement over Amber Tamblyn's character from last season.
Old 11-01-11, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk God

at House squeezing Foreman's ass.

This episode was just alright even though there was some funny stuff in it. The case was nothing out of the ordinary. Michael Nouri's character was almost as much an asshole as House. I think I'm longing to actually see Chase and Taub return. I guess we are seeing how FOX saved some money in these early episodes by not having them there and them not being credited as well.

I liked that they gave a little more meat to Dr. Adams character and I thought Dr. Park was funny and goofy.

Here's what I didn't get. House saved the guy's life, so how did he convince him to get the money to re-fund his department? I know the 1st check he cut was out of blackmail, which Foreman tore up. House gave him the papers and he signed the deal for his company to re-locate, but I felt like something was missing. Then daughter walked out of the room pissed. Was there some bet involved?

BTW, if the woman who played the daughter looked familiar, she played the female lead/love interest on the FOX show New Amsterdam from a few years ago.
Old 11-01-11, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I guess we are seeing how FOX saved some money in these early episodes by not having them there and them not being credited as well.
FOX or NBC/Universal Television? While I agree, haven't they done this in previous season as well where House's main support staff is MIA until 3-4 episodes in?

Here's what I didn't get. House saved the guy's life, so how did he convince him to get the money to re-fund his department? I know the 1st check he cut was out of blackmail, which Foreman tore up. House gave him the papers and he signed the deal for his company to re-locate, but I felt like something was missing. Then daughter walked out of the room pissed.
I think the "insider trading" scheme he discussed got him the money. He "borrowed" that $200k machine to buy the guy's company's stock for cheap (it plummeted when word of his hospitalization came out). That's why House wanted the press release to go out BEFORE the stock market opened so buzz would start the stock on a peak at the opening bell, he could sell his stock at the top price and be able to buy back the equipment to return to Foreman. The daughter was pissed because the signature also confirmed the company's move to China which she opposed. The move was the only way to truly push the stock value through the roof because it was the company's only hope for financial survival. No?
Old 11-01-11, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rfduncan
FOX or NBC/Universal Television? While I agree, haven't they done this in previous season as well where House's main support staff is MIA until 3-4 episodes in?

I think the "insider trading" scheme he discussed got him the money. He "borrowed" that $200k machine to buy the guy's company's stock for cheap (it plummeted when word of his hospitalization came out). That's why House wanted the press release to go out BEFORE the stock market opened so buzz would start the stock on a peak at the opening bell, he could sell his stock at the top price and be able to buy back the equipment to return to Foreman. The daughter was pissed because the signature also confirmed the company's move to China which she opposed. The move was the only way to truly push the stock value through the roof because it was the company's only hope for financial survival. No?
Oh okay, thanks. I didn't even think about how that machine played into this. So House was the one who actually cut the check to Foreman then.
Old 11-01-11, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So House was the one who actually cut the check to Foreman then.
Yeah. I think this is supposed to show us how much House really cares about his team and what he does even if he'll never openly admit it.
Old 11-02-11, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really enjoyed this episode and was laughing throught. It was strange seeing Michael Nouri without an Israeli accent.
Old 11-02-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think House is terribly invested in his team. I think he cares about the process of solving problems, and he has the best shot of doing that with his resources.