Old 10-23-11, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Pan Am -- "One Coin in a Fountain" -- 10/23/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-25

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"One Coin in a Fountain" - The Pan Am crew rolls the dice in more ways than one in glamorous Monte Carlo: Kate and Maggie square off for the attentions of a handsome passenger (guest star Goran Visnjic, "ER," "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"), but things get more complicated when Kate learns the sexy stranger is involved in her next covert mission; and Dean gambles with his career when an attractive, wealthy woman (guest star Erin Cummings, "Detroit 1-8-7") on the flight tempts him -- and he later discovers who her flying companion is -- on "Pan Am," SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. Scott Cohen ("Necessary Roughness") guest stars as Pan Am exec Everett Henson.

Read more: Listings - PAN AM on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1bcntGcuz

Hoping this hangs on long enough to at least get the original 13 episode order aired.
Old 10-24-11, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Pan Am -- "One Coin in a Fountain" -- 10/23/11

Am I the only one watching this? I think it's a better representation of the 60's than The Playboy Club, although it's still leagues behind Mad Men.

I thought Kate's spy assignment was better handled this week than previous weeks. Quick thinking on her part to order red wine to spill on the Italian woman to get her fingerprints. I thought they would go for a swipe the glass she was drinking out of.

Last week someone pointed out that Michael Mosley talks like John C. McGinley (they worked together on the last season of Scrubs) and now I keep hearing it.

Even though Christina Ricci is the biggest name by far of the four stewardesses, I think she's the least attractive of them. Margot Robbie (Laura) and Karine Vanasse (Colette) are beautiful and cute respectively, but I like Kelli Garner (Kate) the best in the looks department. Her in that green dress

Gaius Charles (Smash from Friday Night Lights) is supposed to be on the show sometime next month. Maybe he'll be the token black guy who's the first character on the show to die?
Old 10-24-11, 10:26 AM

I like the show, but regrettably it does feel a little scatter brained. It's not quite episodic and not really a serial. For a show like this I really think they should have a season long narrative to tie it all together. Now it is just the girls flying everywhere and getting into hi-jinks.
Old 10-24-11, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I actually really liked this one. The spy stuff wasn't distracting and the eye candy was there as usual. The "other" sister Kate really brought the hot this week, especially in that white dress she wore to the pub.
Old 10-24-11, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Even though Christina Ricci is the biggest name by far of the four stewardesses, I think she's the least attractive of them. Margot Robbie (Laura) and Karine Vanasse (Colette) are beautiful and cute respectively, but I like Kelli Garner (Kate) the best in the looks department. Her in that green dress
I can't image many people disagreeing: At least the part about Ricci being the least attractive. She really doesn't look good this skinny.
Old 10-24-11, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, didn't think much of the redhead in the beginning, but they've been adjusting her make-up (her eyes really sparkle now), and letting loose her girls in recent episodes, and having a grand adventure as a spy.
Old 10-24-11, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
I actually really liked this one. The spy stuff wasn't distracting and the eye candy was there as usual. The "other" sister Kate really brought the hot this week, especially in that white dress she wore to the pub.
Oh yeah. I think Laura is more classically beautiful but Kate really brings the sex appeal. I enjoy the show and hope it stays around.
Old 10-24-11, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll echo the for Kate (although I find all the women attractive).

The only problem I have with this show is the pilots. They're just bland, uninteresting characters.
Old 10-24-11, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I'll echo the for Kate (although I find all the women attractive).

The only problem I have with this show is the pilots. They're just bland, uninteresting characters.
Dean is kind of generic, but last week they gave Ted some interesting back story. I think it added alot more to his character.
Old 10-24-11, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

that green dress needs to be her new uniform
Old 10-25-11, 02:12 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bugs me that She didn't ask her "boss" to be reimbursed for the cost of the very expensive green dress. Working for free for your country is one thing but at least get reimbursed for your out of pocket spy expenses. Pan Am can't pay that well.

Then again, trading a Rolex for a ring out of the goodness of your heart .......
Old 10-25-11, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
that green dress needs to be her new uniform
Amen to that! Man, she is SO HAWT!
Old 10-25-11, 05:49 PM

Had no idea that semi spies don't get paid. That's very disappointing, kinda dampers my want to join the CIA
Old 10-25-11, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
It's the same problem on many of ABC's shows. The network is purposely counterprogramming this show against Sunday Night Football. That means the central characters are all women and the male characters are little more than props or stereotypes. The demographic they are going after is clear.

It's how ABC currently runs their network. Cast a bunch of mostly nondescript, unknown male actors in weak roles. The real storylines are reserved for the female characters.
Old 10-25-11, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really love this show. It's fluffy and fun. Great visuals. I enjoy it so much more than Desperate Housewives that precedes it. I hope it sticks around for awhile.