Old 10-20-11, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- "Smells like Teen Spirit" -- 10/20/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-10-06

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
On the first day of their senior year, Elena (Nina Dobrev), Caroline (Candice Accola), Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Matt (Zach Roerig) are still reeling from recent events, while Tyler (Michael Trevino) seems to be enjoying everything a little too much. Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is annoyed by a new houseguest, and everyone is surprised by the arrival of a new student in Alaric's (Matt Davis) history class. Matt asks Bonnie for help when he realizes he made a serious mistake. Meanwhile, Stefan (Paul Wesley) continues to carry out his latest assignment from Klaus (Joseph Morgan, who does not appear in the episode). Steven R. McQueen also stars. Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Julie Plec & Caroline Dries (#306).

Read more: Listings - VAMPIRE DIARIES, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1bMp2LLZv

Episode 6 of 22

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8xwD6-OK_DI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-20-11, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Smells like Teen Spirit" -- 10/20/11

"Barbie Klaus"

to Elena the Vampire Slayer.

So, I guess Vicki and Matt's ritual could bring all kinds of characters back from the dead? Mason being back should be interesting.

This show just brings it week after week.
Old 10-21-11, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

I am not that happy with the use of ghosts and having all these dead people coming back on the show. It really cheapens the act of a major character dying because it means the writers can bring them back whenever they want. How long before Anna is brought back as a non-ghost character? My guess is very soon. The staff has been watching way too much of Being Human.
Old 10-21-11, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, if everyone who has been killed starts coming back its going to suck. Seemed kinda dumb for Caroline to unchain Michael. He's so dangerous even the originals fear him and he's a known vampire hunter.
Old 10-21-11, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I am not that happy with the use of ghosts and having all these dead people coming back on the show. It really cheapens the act of a major character dying because it means the writers can bring them back whenever they want. How long before Anna is brought back as a non-ghost character? My guess is very soon. The staff has been watching way too much of Being Human.

I can't see it being permanent if it does happen. There's too much of a current theme going on about "messing with the natural order of things." I would think someone permanently coming back to life would apply there.
Old 10-22-11, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I wasn't really digging this episode until the end. Sure there were some fun quips, but it felt like more of a setup episode for future events coming.

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
I can't see it being permanent if it does happen. There's too much of a current theme going on about "messing with the natural order of things." I would think someone permanently coming back to life would apply there.
Agreed. Also, I wonder if this is simply limited to supernatural "people" who died coming back. Or should we expect Jenna and Elana's sister to come back. I wonder how somebody who dies like Elana's birth mom would fit into this. Not really much of her to come back if you know what I mean.

Elana steaking Stephan reminded me of Buffy kneeing Angelus in the balls in the movie theater lobby. Quite apt since Daemon made a Buffy joke early in the episode.
Old 10-23-11, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
This show just brings it week after week.

at Stefan having school pride, "Go Timberwolves!"