Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

American Dad Blu-Ray?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

American Dad Blu-Ray?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-11, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Dad Blu-Ray?

Anyone know if the earlier volumes of American Dad can or will be released on Blu-Ray.

I want to get the sets for my son but would rather wait us BR us on the horizon for volumes 1-4.
Old 10-20-11, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: American Dad Blu-Ray?

I see no reason why they technically couldn't do it. However, I highly doubt they will. They're not even bothering to do it for current seasons of Family Guy (which likely sells far more copies than AD), let alone older seasons. I don't see it ever happening.
Old 10-20-11, 06:27 PM

Thx for the info
Old 10-20-11, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I see no reason why they technically couldn't do it. However, I highly doubt they will. They're not even bothering to do it for current seasons of Family Guy (which likely sells far more copies than AD), let alone older seasons. I don't see it ever happening.
I don't think they will either, however they just started broadcasting in HD for Family Guy this season so I could see them doing it now, but since they've been broadcasting American Dad in HD for a few years now and no BD release for it, I don't see it happening either.

Weird, cause 20th Century Fox has been releasing Simpsons on BD for a short while now.
Old 10-21-11, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think the Simpsons have far more fanatics who will purchase any merchandise that comes out (including DVD/Blu sets) than Family Guy. I know DVD sales for Family Guy were instrumental in bringing it back on the air, but I don't think their sales of more current season sets come remotely close to what the Simpsons seasons do.