FX renews Sons of Anarchy for 5th season

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-17-11, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/fx-r...-for-season-5/

Sons Of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter should be in a better mood today then Friday, when he spewed venom at bloggers in a Twitter rant. Halfway through SOA‘s fourth season, FX this morning renewed Sutter’s hit biker drama for a fifth season with a 13-episode order. The series starring Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman and Katey Sagal is having its highest-rated season. It’s currently the No. 1 scripted drama series on basic cable and is the highest-rated series ever on FX with an averaged of 5.8 million total viewers and 3.9 million adults 18-49. That is up +30% and +26%, respectively, vs Season 3. The Season 4 premiere September 6 became the most-watched program in FX history with 6.5 total viewers. On a multi-telecast weekly basis, Season 4 is averaging 9 million total viewers and 6 million adults 18-49. “Everyone at FX is very grateful to Kurt Sutter, his many writing, directing and producing collaborators and his masterful cast for making such a compelling and beautifully crafted show,” FX president John Landgraf said. “It is no small challenge to bring the themes of a great, ancient play like Hamlet into a wholly original television setting and to tell this complex story in a way that is both riveting and accessible to a broad audience.” Sutter executive produces SOA with John Linson, Art Linson and Paris Barclay. FX Prods and Fox 21 are producing.

Not that anyone should be surprised by this. Looks like Kurt Sutter is well on his way to completing his 7 season arc. I just got caught up with the last 3 episodes and while the Juice storyline is eye rolling, it's still a pretty solid season IMO thus far.
Old 10-17-11, 05:43 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: FX renews Sons of Anarchy for 5th season

Yeah, no surprise given how popular it is. Glad to hear it though as this show has quickly become one of my favorites since I finally started watching over the summer. I even enjoyed last season.