Reload this Page >

Warner Archive 5 for $50 sale for Columbus Day

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 10-10-11, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

Just got an e-mail for a 5 for $50 Columbus Day sale, today only.

Link
Old 10-10-11, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warner Archive 5 for $50 sale for Columbus Day

Very disappointing for me , I really want The Super Cops and it's not included in the sale?

Maybe it's a big seller?.
Old 10-10-11, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any coupon codes working? I've tried several, but they have all expired.
Old 10-10-11, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 980 Likes on 811 Posts

I made my first WBShop purchase in the recent 3 for $35 sale. I know there was at least one more title I wanted but not sure about five. I of course have not opened any of those three.
Old 10-10-11, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 208 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake
Very disappointing for me , I really want The Super Cops and it's not included in the sale?

Maybe it's a big seller?.
I wanted "The Super Cops" and a couple of other items that aren't included. I now only have two items that are on my "Want" list and I'm not about to pick up three "fillers" (two fillers is the most I can justify). I guess I'll just have to let it pass and wait for the next sale around Christmas. And, like another poster, I bought five during a previous sale some time in the last year but I haven't unwrapped one.
Old 10-10-11, 02:51 PM

They usually leave off the newest releases from their 5 for $50 sales. I have Neighbors on my want list but it's not part of the sale this time around
Old 10-10-11, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ish Kabbible
They usually leave off the newest releases from their 5 for $50 sales. I have Neighbors on my want list but it's not part of the sale this time around
Well, since the release of The Super Cops they have now had 2 sales!...argggghhh!
oh well I will wait .......
Old 10-10-11, 05:16 PM

Must be missing something. Doesn't work for me, even picking five of their "Select" DVD titles off their list.
Old 10-10-11, 07:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm really not too crazy about these 5-for-$50 on select titles sales. I seem to recall buying 5 of the Archives DVD's a few years ago on a sale like this where all their titles were available as part of the sale. The ones I want never seem to be part of these recent "select" sales. Pass.
Old 10-11-11, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mickactual
I'm really not too crazy about these 5-for-$50 on select titles sales. I seem to recall buying 5 of the Archives DVD's a few years ago on a sale like this where all their titles were available as part of the sale. The ones I want never seem to be part of these recent "select" sales. Pass.
When I checked out the sale, there were 878 titles available as part of the sale out of about 1200 total titles on the Archive, and it seemed to me that virtually all of their single disk titles that were released no later than July were included. So, it's not a matter of just a handful of low sellers that are included.

My problem is always limiting myself to five or (in this case) ten titles whenever they have a sale like this.
Old 10-11-11, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 208 Likes on 184 Posts

Don't get me wrong, if I could rent them for under $5, I'd probably go after 75% of their titles. There just aren't that many that I want to buy even at about $10 and change (particularly when the only incentive is that the title is "available" at all). There are a bunch of genre titles that I'd like to get, but most of them are considered recent additions and not included in the sale.
Old 10-11-11, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson
Don't get me wrong, if I could rent them for under $5, I'd probably go after 75% of their titles. There just aren't that many that I want to buy even at about $10 and change (particularly when the only incentive is that the title is "available" at all). There are a bunch of genre titles that I'd like to get, but most of them are considered recent additions and not included in the sale.
I rent WAC titles from ClassicFlix. 3 at a time for $26.99, usually I end up with 3 per week, that works out to 12 a month or just over 2 bucks each. I figure I save a ton of money on the titles I don't need to buy, usually sticking to "genre" titles for purchases. ClassicFlix also has Sony, MGM and Universal MODs to rent. I don't work for them, but considering Netflix won't touch these it's a great deal.