Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Paradigm speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-00, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey...I know how paradigm doesnt let dealers sell there speakers on-line but there is no dealer with in around 2h driver from my house and i would rather buy them online...Does anyone know who sells them?? Thanks A Lot!!
Old 10-01-00, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There isn't an online dealer, but there are some mail order dealers. Try www.audioshop.on.ca
Old 10-02-00, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Paradigm, Pardigm, Pardigm.

Yadda, yadda, yadda

Just thought i'd put in a plug for Energy brand equipment. (That other Canadian audio eqpmt. company) I'm very happy with my E:XL speakers and you can actually give them a listen at any Goodguys store. And, if you don't feel like paying retail prices you can buy Energy equipment over the net (complete with a warranty) at audioshop in Canada. (web link in the above email)

-Clint
Old 10-02-00, 10:42 PM

Clint Eastwood, I was looking to get some better rear speakers...But I wanted to know if you have the E:XL rear speakers? If so do they come with wall mounts...and are they dipolar?? How do you think they compare with the Paradigm rear's? Thanks
Old 10-03-00, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yep, i have the e:XL-R rears and they are dipolar. They weigh about 8 pounds each and they have built in holes for the mounting screws. The manual even has a handy paper template to help you place the screws correctly (the template is a silhouette of the rear speaker with crosses where the screws go)
Honestly, i've never heard the paradigm speakers so I can't compare. I've read that the paradigms are excellent, but cost was a big factor for me and I couldn't find a mail order place that sells pardigms with the warranty.
So, it was a tossup between energy and the other systems that goodguys displays -- i'm real happy with these energys:

e:XL-26 -- fronts
e:XL-C -- center
e:XL-R -- rears

(eventually i'll pick up an energy subwoofer but the 26's seem to have enough bass for my living room.)

If i learned anything from my buying experience I learned to avoid "Tatum Electronics"-- my credit card company just recently got my money back from them after an 8 month battle. But, I cannot say enough good things about audioshop in Canada -very professional people.

Clint
Old 10-04-00, 11:01 AM
Cool New Member

try www.soundcity.com I don't know if they carry Paradigm, but they are the only actory-authorized PSB dealer I found that did mail order. I preferred the PSB Alpha A/Vs to the Paradigm titans.
Old 10-04-00, 05:45 PM

Since this seems to be becoming a debate on Paradigm versus Energy speakers, I just had to add my two cents. I use Paradigm Mini-Monitors for left and right, a Paradigm CC-350 for my center channel, a Paradigm PDR-10 subwoofer, and, due to space restrictions, Energy Take 2's for my surrounds. The result - I think the system sounds awesome and blends real nice. Purchase from either maker and you'll do just fine!